Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    That's not true. Warlocks are still heroes to their factions, even if they summon demons. Why did we accept Demon Hunters?
    The two factions also didn't really accept Demon Hunters. Largely DHs still belong to the Illidari rather than the Horde/Alliance. For gameplay reasons though you are a member of whatever faction your race belongs to. The Illidari just kind of have an alliance with the Horde/Alliance because they're pretty great at sensing, and killing demons.

I love going to the broken shore as my warlock seeing all my warlock buddies and minions running around valen. It does make me smile alot!

But seriously if Valen is a priest and is into redemption then surely reinviting eradar warlocks from Argus (which is where we are going in 7.3) would make sense than to just shun them or put them in concentration camps for extermination!

Besides where are they all gonna go when we kill old Kil'jaeden? Surely they would beg Valen to return and him shunning them just cause they use Fel magic which a ton of ally races in the alliance use is kinda hypocritical

Quote Originally Posted by gtgcul8r View Post
    I still don't get Human warlocks. I understand that they're operating in secret and that they're allowed for the greater good. But who tought them? Orcs? Some migrant blood elves? The Legion themselves? Or did they just discover Fel cause they searched for it?
    For me, Draenei warlocks would make a whole lot more sence, at least background-wise. Yes, they'd be Eredar, but at least it's an explaination.
    The first Human warlocks were most likely former Conjurers and Mages who studied the Orcs' magic during the first two wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    But seriously if Valen is a priest and is into redemption then surely reinviting eradar warlocks from Argus (which is where we are going in 7.3) would make sense than to just shun them or put them in concentration camps for extermination!
    There is a quest in old netherstorm that revolves just around this. To answer your question: Yes, the Draenei offer every Eredar a chance at redemption.
    Though I'm pretty sure accepting that would include stopping the fel magic party.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The first Human warlocks were most likely former Conjurers and Mages who studied the Orcs' magic during the first two wars.
    Not necessarily the orcs magic. Demons have always been in the world and they typically approach power hungry individuals to offer -not so safe- deals for more power.
    In original RPG lore (that is no longer canon) arcane magic was corrupting (albeit to a lesser degree than fel) and ultimately most arcane magi developed the urge for power that arcane could not provide, hence the temptation to tap into fel magic.

Draenei warlocks are a bit like Jewish Nazi party supporters. That's the level of hatred that the Draenei have for warlocks. The Legion murdered their family, ravaged their world and chased them across the universe for 10,000 years. You don't just forget something like that.

And on top of that, the entire Draenei culture is about devotion to the Light and the Naaru. The Draenei people is not just defined by a hatred of the Legion, but also by a worship of the Light, even for classes like warriors or hunters.

Plus, from a gameplay perspective, the Draenei racial ability is Gift of the Naaru. It's a sign of the blessing of the Light on the race and that hugely contradicts the idea of them having fel magic. Draenei warlocks would have to have an entirely new racial just to make some amount of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Draenei warlocks are a bit like Jewish Nazi party supporters. That's the level of hatred that the Draenei have for warlocks. The Legion murdered their family, ravaged their world and chased them across the universe for 10,000 years. You don't just forget something like that.

And on top of that, the entire Draenei culture is about devotion to the Light and the Naaru. The Draenei people is not just defined by a hatred of the Legion, but also by a worship of the Light, even for classes like warriors or hunters.

Plus, from a gameplay perspective, the Draenei racial ability is Gift of the Naaru. It's a sign of the blessing of the Light on the race and that hugely contradicts the idea of them having fel magic. Draenei warlocks would have to have an entirely new racial just to make some amount of sense.
    Fel is not the opposite of Light. Also, Night Elves had the same level of hatred towards mages, but you see what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Fel is not the opposite of Light. Also, Night Elves had the same level of hatred towards mages, but you see what happened.
    Darnassians fear mages because of their potential, but the majority of Highborne fought against the Legion and helped save Azeroth during the WotA. Also, Goldrinn protected the Shen'dralar. Darnassians' history with mages is mixed.

Draenei are not a race. They are a faction of eredar. Fel and warlocks are the antithesis to everything the Draenei faction stands for. They were hunted for 25k years by the warlocks because they rejected that power. Every Draenei who became a warlock, left the Draenei and joined the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Draenei aren't a race, they are the anti-warlock faction of eredar. As soon as a Draenei becomes a warlock, he/she stops being a Draenei.
    Incorrect. Becoming a member of the Burning Legion is what does that. You can be a warlock that doesn't serve the legion. Velen condemned Thal'kiel's warlock activity, but he did not banish him etc. He simply told him to not do it and he did it anyway(which led to Sargeras coming). The Draenei only became a thing when Sargeras had them join him. That's like saying "if a night elf became a mage they cease to be a night elf"

Never made sense that Draeni had access to Shamans. They land on a new world and can instantly harness the powers of that worlds elements? Mean while Thrall struggles to use his Shamanistic powers on Draenor.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Darnassians fear mages because of their potential, but the majority of Highborne fought against the Legion and helped save Azeroth during the WotA. Also, Goldrinn protected the Shen'dralar. Darnassians' history with mages is mixed.

Draenei are not a race. They are a faction of eredar. Fel and warlocks are the antithesis to everything the Draenei faction stands for. They were hunted for 25k years by the warlocks because they rejected that power. Every Draenei who became a warlock, left the Draenei and joined the Legion.
    You do not get magically removed from being a draenei from being a warlock. Headcanon as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Incorrect. Becoming a member of the Burning Legion is what does that. You can be a warlock that doesn't serve the legion. Velen condemned Thal'kiel's warlock activity, but he did not banish him etc. He simply told him to not do it and he did it anyway(which led to Sargeras coming). The Draenei only became a thing when Sargeras had them join him. That's like saying "if a night elf became a mage they cease to be a night elf"
    You do not get magically removed from being a draenei from being a warlock. Headcanon as usual.
    I didn't realize Draenei was a race and NElf was a faction.

You stop being a Draenei when you start practicing fel, just like how you stop being a Christian when you start practicing Buddhism.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2017-04-30 at 06:56 PM.

Valen: My king these homeless Eradar wish to join us what should we do?
    Anduin: Well let them join i see no reason after all its not like we dont have a bazillion warlocks in the Alliance do we?
    Valen: But King they are an antithesis to everything that my people stand for!
    Anduin: You let other warlocks from the races of the alliance walk freely around your city don't you prophet?
    Valen: But, But
    Anduin: Well its not like you have to invite them to the Christmas party do you? Besides we need more cannon fodder er i mean more Soldiers for our cause.

And thus Valen being a whipped pussy that he is allows begrudgingly Eradar Warlocks in the Alliance.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Valen: My king these homeless Eradar wish to join us what should we do?
    Anduin: Well let them join i see no reason after all its not like we dont have a bazillion warlocks in the Alliance do we?
    Valen: But King they are an antithesis to everything that my people stand for!
    Anduin: You let other warlocks from the races of the alliance walk freely around your city don't you prophet?
    Valen: But, But
    Anduin: Well its not like you have to invite them to the Christmas party do you? Besides we need more cannon fodder er i mean more Soldiers for our cause.

And thus Valen being a whipped pussy that he is allows begrudgingly Eradar Warlocks in the Alliance.
    Not how the Alliance works. Even Varian couldn't control other members of the Alliance as High king.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It's a more a strong cultural bias for the Draenei. The Draenei literally define themselves against their Eredar cousins and forebearers - they are the Exiled Ones, the ones who refused Sargeras' offer and as such were not corrupted into lieutenants and generals for the Burning Legion. To turn your back on that heritage for *any* reason would be to turn your back on what it is to be a Draenei, even if you wished to strike out against the Legion using Fel power you would be quickly shunned and ostracized by the greater whole of Draenei society.

Becoming a Draenei Warlock wouldn't change your species (as the Draenei are still physiologically members of the Eredar species), but it would definitely be a strong direct or indirect rebuke of Draenei customs. The Draenei no longer accept the label of Eredar - considering the Eredar down to the last person to be corrupt and complicit with Sargeras.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

So? Night Elf Mages are also a different faction, they are Shen'dralar. They were atoning for their sin of completely fucking over the entire world. Darnassians history with mages isn't "mixed", it was clear before they decided to mess it with it pre-Cata. No magic, and it has been like that for several thousand years.

My point being: If they corrode race identity for Night Elves, then what would be so weird about there being a rebel Manari showing up? We have seen "non-Manari" Draenei being Warlocks in WoD, mainly the Sargerei.

I honestly feel that it would be more natural than Night Elf mages if we actually kill Sargeras

10+ Year Old Account
    So? Night Elf Mages are also a different faction, they are Shen'dralar. They were atoning for their sin of completely fucking over the entire world. Darnassians history with mages isn't "mixed", it was clear before they decided to mess it with it pre-Cata. No magic, and it has been like that for several thousand years.
    The Shen'Dralar had nothing to do with inviting the Legion to Azeroth. They were noble enough for Goldrinn to protect them. And again, most of the Highborne sided against the Legion. The Moon Guard joined the Kaldorei resistance. The Shen'Dralar fought demons in Eldre'Thalas. The Highborne in Suramar stopped the Legion's second portal. It was only a small group of mages close to Azshara that helped the Legion.

This is nowhere close to the experience and identity of the Draenei who are a small group that rejected fel and were hunted across the universe for 25k years by their warlock brethren.

My point being: If they corrode race identity for Night Elves, then what would be so weird about there being a rebel Manari showing up? We have seen "non-Manari" Draenei being Warlocks in WoD, mainly the Sargerei.
    Tell me more about how the Sargerei are still Draenei when they turned against the Draenei and worship Sargeras.

Rebel Eredar are currently an Alliance player "race". Rebel Man'ari is nonsense. If they're rebelling against the Legion, they're no Man'ari, although that doesn't automatically make them Draenei. Either way, you can't have Draenei Warlocks. They're either not Warlocks, or not Draenei. Sargerei became Man'ari the moment they abandoned their Draenei heritage and embraced the Legion.

Night Elf identity wasn't corroded, Night Elf mages always existed. They only teeth-grindingly accepted them back into their cities after the Cataclysm. Shen'dralar is merely a faction of Night Elf mages, not the Night Elf mage faction. There's also the Moonguard, the Nightborne, the High Elves...

You've got a lot of stuff to read up before you can even begin to discuss any of this.

Deleted
    Draenei are a political anti-fel religious faction, not a race.

I'm repeating this because it's the constant misconception regarding those that defend "draenei" warlocks. They are 25 thousand years running from the Legion, they aren't going to embrace fel when they are finally defeating it.

- - - Updated - - -

They left the Draenei faction and joined the Sargerei faction. There are no Draenei warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post

I'm repeating this because it's the constant misconception regarding those that defend "draenei" warlocks. They are 25 thousand years running from the Legion, they aren't going to embrace fel when they are finally defeating it.

- - - Updated - - -

They left the Draenei faction and joined the Sargerei faction. There are no Draenei warlocks.
    And it's literally impossible for the two factions to merge, why? And yes, I know, the whole concept of Draenei is that they are formed because they wanted nothing to do with Fel, but as you said, that was 25000 years ago.

I mean, Velen undergoes a transformation in Legion with him not being 100% Light-guided anymore. Draenei Warlocks would actually be an interesting development.

I love going to the broken shore as my warlock seeing all my warlock buddies and minions running around valen. It does make me smile alot!

The funny thing about redemption is you kind of have to stop doing the thing you're trying to get redemption from.