Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Isn't Grace + Shadow Covenant + ToF Disc's best burst raid healing now? Being able to use Grace with Shadow Covenant makes the spell much stronger.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Grace makes Shadow Covenant leave a larger healing debuff behind.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    Isn't Grace + Shadow Covenant + ToF Disc's best burst raid healing now? Being able to use Grace with Shadow Covenant makes the spell much stronger.
    No; you would already have to have atonement on all the targets to utilize Grace, in which case Penance is stronger and much cheaper even with Grace adding to SC and even when only counting 5 targets. For M+ it could be an option to keep the group up in certain situation (like the Mariner in Maw), but PI seems more versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    -_- .........

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    -_- .........
    The year is 2100. Shadow Covenant has finally been removed and Disc Priest theorycrafters everywhere rejoice.

The latest changes are very good. Also Sigma's comment about Power Infusion & Evangelism is logical and I want to see it happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes sense from a balance stand point. Having both PI, Mindbender, Evangelism and ToF at the same time is very silly. Removing one of those things at least makes disc somewhat fair.

Ironically the spec's innervate dependence went up this build because innervate still acts as a way of getting to high atonements for cheap, and the spec lost one of it's cds that does exactly that. I guess it's not "dependent" as people would like to frame it prior to the changes, but it is a funny quirk of deleting PI from the game.

The most interesting tier will be t100 next patch. It's highly likely it will be Sanctuary, Grace and PTW, and all 3 of those effects are great tools to pick between. Good job blizzard, 1 row of talents slightly interesting. Now you just have to make t45, t15, and t90 interesting choices

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    While the recent changes are better than the previous batch, are they really accomplishing what Blizzard is trying to do? Is Disc moving away from "spam atonements for huge burst" type of healing? In order to do that, its' reactive healing would have to be good enough to stand on its own - and is it really? Two "good" reactive heals have significant drawbacks, be it healing absorb or addional dot. "Smart" Radiance could serve as reactive heal to an extent, but it has longer cooldown and/or cast time than similar spells from other classes. Halo and Divine Star still look largely useless for aoe healing and everything else is single target and doesn't heal enough/at all in case of shields.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2017-04-28 at 12:57 PM.

If they fixed the mana problem we'd all just shut up. With evang it'll be 1m burst heal phases while we spend the rest of the time putting around. Maybe if smite had some sort of mana return option like every time we apply smite reduces its cost to the point where they begin to give us mana(i don't like it but just something)we'd be able to be a bit more loose with our mana and do sustained healing but hell even the dps rotation is boring also.

I'd like to be able to use healing trinkets not mana trinkets. I'd like our dps rotation to be more than just not even half 1/4 as complicated as any of the real dps specs.
    Last edited by ehxy; 2017-04-28 at 10:49 PM.

If the dps part also got complicarted things would spiral out of control mechanicaly wise. Right now there is a complexity that has to do with maximising the usage of cd AND optimising dps inside that, make dpsing also complicated and we will be getting tangled in our own gcds. I am suprised to hear you find the dps rotation boring, i dont really have a lot of time to think about that.

Also after changes mana will be way more relaxed, you will literally be unable to spend it fast enough.

Deleted
    I feel like they are dancing around ways to cap atonement without actually capping it. I think if they reworked the atonement mechanic there'd be a lot more flexibility to make changes.

Like, would it really be that bad if they just made it smart healing for up to 5 people? All healers have access to smart heals, and all other healers have caps on how many targets can be healed at once. It's a model that works. My biggest gripe with disc atm is that spreading atonement to as many targets as you can and then casting penance once a minute then doing nothing in-between to regain mana is so boring and such a poor reflection of what the spec could be.

I really believe if they just took away the ability to blast penance on 20+ targets all at once then there'd be scope to make some decent changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    I feel like they are dancing around ways to cap atonement without actually capping it. I think if they reworked the atonement mechanic there'd be a lot more flexibility to make changes.

Like, would it really be that bad if they just made it smart healing for up to 5 people? All healers have access to smart heals, and all other healers have caps on how many targets can be healed at once. It's a model that works. My biggest gripe with disc atm is that spreading atonement to as many targets as you can and then casting penance once a minute then doing nothing in-between to regain mana is so boring and such a poor reflection of what the spec could be.

I really believe if they just took away the ability to blast penance on 20+ targets all at once then there'd be scope to make some decent changes.
    boring is an inteteresting word to use, when the proper atonement placement is, well as many have said, hard. Without wanting to sound rude, do you play discipline on a high level and find it hard? Making it a smart heal is literally making disc an automated mindless 3 button spam.

Deleted
    I agree that proper placement is hard, as you are basically trying to see into the future of who is going to get damaged. I know under ideal circumstances you can predict this but I don't believe this should be the focus for balance. That's just my $0.02

I know under the current model that smart healing would just be penance/ptw/smite over and over, but I feel that with atonement gone there'd be scope to make pw:s more interesting, add more to the damage rotation, all kinds of fun stuff. It's just that right now you can't give disc too much on top of casting strong unlimited target healing. The only things stopping disc from being grossly OP now are 1) mana being very tight and 2) atonement being very badly designed. It's not a well realized balance having an OP healing mechanic held in line only by two poorly working components.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    I agree that proper placement is hard, as you are basically trying to see into the future of who is going to get damaged. I know under ideal circumstances you can predict this but I don't believe this should be the focus for balance. That's just my $0.02

I know under the current model that smart healing would just be penance/ptw/smite over and over, but I feel that with atonement gone there'd be scope to make pw:s more interesting, add more to the damage rotation, all kinds of fun stuff. It's just that right now you can't give disc too much on top of casting strong unlimited target healing. The only things stopping disc from being grossly OP now are 1) mana being very tight and 2) atonement being very badly designed. It's not a well realized balance having an OP healing mechanic held in line only by two poorly working components.
    thats also interesting because with the 7.2.5 changes atonement blanket is being gated with cooldowns and the innervate issue adressed(i think). I dont understand why the proactive nature of atonement is a problematic model though

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    It makes sense from a balance stand point. Having both PI, Mindbender, Evangelism and ToF at the same time is very AWESOME
    Its our time to shine!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    Ironically the spec's innervate dependence went up this build because innervate still acts as a way of getting to high atonements for cheap...
    Idk, we will only get two free Radiances inside a 10s Innervate. Still nice, but Resto druids will have a good case that it should go to them (and everyone has at least one Resto druid).

Quote Originally Posted by longxia View Post
    Its our time to shine!

- - - Updated - - -

Idk, we will only get two free Radiances inside a 10s Innervate. Still nice, but Resto druids will have a good case that it should go to them (and everyone has at least one Resto druid).
    I think the changes bring Disc in line with other healers in terms of Innervates, which is definitely a nice thing.

Disc can be summed up in one sentence.

"Maximum effort, mediocre reward."

Nothing says fun like sitting around waiting for crazy damage to hit once a minute then going back to watching Youtube videos. I've been doing disc for a long time now and this is the absolute least fun its ever been. Nothing feels less rewarding than doing the song and dance casting radiance and spending 10+ seconds prepping only to blow your load and hopefully (if every other healer has fallen asleep at the wheel) get to move some health bars without over healing.

I'm sure it's ultra rewarding for people who do it in coordinated guilds. For those of us who play our disc priests as alts or in pugs/fun runs its about as rewarding as watching paint dry.
    --
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nejji/advanced
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Neji View Post

Nothing says fun like sitting around waiting for crazy damage to hit once a minute then going back to watching Youtube videos. I've been doing disc for a long time now and this is the absolute least fun its ever been. Nothing feels less rewarding than doing the song and dance casting radiance and spending 10+ seconds prepping only to blow your load and hopefully (if every other healer has fallen asleep at the wheel) get to move some health bars without over healing.

I'm sure it's ultra rewarding for people who do it in coordinated guilds. For those of us who play our disc priests as alts or in pugs/fun runs its about as rewarding as watching paint dry.
    If you play Disc like that you're going to have a mediocre reward; cause you're playing it wrong.
    Last edited by MendUS; 2017-05-01 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neji View Post

<-Not coordinated
    <-Tons of fun
    <- Lower activity i can get is like 93%?
    <-no performance issues
    <-Still kinda scrubby, so if i can do it, anyone can do it

I am sorry you cant top meters with 1 button randomly spammed around.
    Disc is fine.

Edit: If you want post a log and we can find out mistakes that lead to an unsatisfying results. There is however now way you played the spec properly and faced such issues.
    Last edited by Popokolara; 2017-05-01 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    If you play Disc like that you're going to have a mediocre reward; cause you're playing it wrong.
    Surely you understand hyperbole. Clearly I'm not watching Youtube videos but my point still stands. I've watched you argue with people on these forums for a long time now telling them that the proper way to play is to setup for the big, expected bursts and then prepare for the next cycle. That style of play is what I have a problem with. Sure I can sit there and keep some select atonements out and fire off some super fun smites.

The core problem is, and has been, that in order for me to heal I must be pro-active instead of reactive. This is silly outside of specific damage windows on fights. Ooops, your hunter just stood in some fire unexpectedly. Better get that atonement out on him an.... oh never mind, he's been healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Popokolara View Post
    <-Not coordinated
    <-Tons of fun
    <- Lower activity i can get is like 93%?
    <-no performance issues
    <-Still kinda scrubby, so if i can do it, anyone can do it

I am sorry you cant top meters with 1 button randomly spammed around.
    Disc is fine.

Edit: If you want post a log and we can find out mistakes that lead to an unsatisfying results. There is however now way you played the spec properly and faced such issues.
    I spoke to nothing about meters or topping them. In fact, healing meters are pretty fucking pointless if you ask me. Again, see my response above. In order to play this spec you must be pro-active instead of reactive. This method works fine for shit you can predict like liquid fire on Gul'Dan or fel nova on Star Augur. It works a lot less fine when trying to save someones life who accidentally fucked up and took an extra tick of something bad.

Common guys, this isn't that difficult to see the problems with the playability. As Chris Rock once said, "You can drive a car with your feet. That doesn't make it a good fucking idea." I'm glad you are both happy driving this car with your feet. I bet it feels ultra rewarding to you but for me it certainly doesn't feel rewarding.

I eagerly await a snarky response or a 5 paragraph dissertation on why my feelings on the spec playability are invalid.
    --
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nejji/advanced
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”