Thread: M+ setup (Assa)

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

M+ setup (Assa)

Hey guys,

Got a question for mythic runners: what setups do you use?

1. Assuming we run with shoulders - when do you switch cape for boots?
    2. When do you switch agonising for deadly?
    3. What trinkets do you use?

I am trying to make a name for myself to get into decent m+ groups and get better (915+) gear and can't quite make up my mind on what to use when.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really see no need in switching for boots from cape, if your bosskill times are remotely an issue your doing it wrong.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

1. I don't use cloak currently as i'm missing tier gloves to keep 4 set, i use wrists instead, and it's pretty simple tbh... b4 boss u equip boots, after boss u equip ur cloak.

2. AP for bosses, DP for trash, a few exceptions if ur reallllly pushing high keys can be Vault mini boss / bears b4 1st boss in DHT etc..

3. I just run with NBF, isn't ideal for aoe dmg ofc, but the way i play in m+ is to destroy a ST mob that might be a threat / if someone fucks up bolster or something and keeps one too high (e.g. BRH Mages / Archers), but generally i'd say a stat stick is best.

Edit: basically boots when ur going to use AP, whatever ur going to use AP on, ur most likely going to be using Vendetta on.

The cape is terrible and you should never use it. The more you need aoe the worse it gets cos you actually start spamming FoK making it useless.

1. I just run cloak + shoulders all the time in M+
    2. I use Alacrity, so I always run DP
    3. I use DoS and a vers stat stick (that's just the best trinket I have for AoE)

I run with the other rogue in my guild a lot, and he does:

1. Always shoulders + bracers
    2. DP for trash, AP for most bosses / mini-bosses
    3. 2x mastery stat sticks

If he gets decent PB procs, he destroys me (and everyone else too); however, when he doesn't get procs, I'm usually a bit ahead regardless of my procs. My boss DPS is also usually a bit ahead thanks to the DoS burst. I would call our setups basically even, with his being higher risk + reward on PB procs, and mine being more stable.

For very high Tyrannical M+, I think the optimal setup would involve swapping cloak (or maybe bracers) for boots and DP for AP on bosses. Some trinket swapping may also be useful, but I would have to figure out how stuff like CoF works with swaps. I have a hard time finding groups that want to push 15+ for the extra AP, so I haven't had much opportunity to optimize for that yet.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2017-04-30 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just recently got the cloak. Do you guys change your rotation at all becuase of it? What I mean is, do you hold on to get more stacks before usng FoK or do you just use it up at low stacks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevan021 View Post
    The cape is terrible and you should never use it. The more you need aoe the worse it gets cos you actually start spamming FoK making it useless.
    Except it´s really the best for m+, after the shoulders.

Deleted
    So general consensus for trinkets is stat sticks / NBF instead of Fate / DoS?
    I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunju View Post
    Except it´s really the best for m+, after the shoulders.
    I have all assa legendaries and trust me it's garbage. Even if you use a full charged cloak from stealth with shoulders it still hits for about 60% of killjaden damage. So if you are super desperate for burst aoe just take kiljaden. But usuallly its not a problem if your team comp is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Its good for sub tho

15+ Year Old Account
    God. Why do people let people like you post?

The shoulders and cape are the two best for M+. You literally have no idea what you're talking about and have no idea how to use the cape effectively if you think spamming FoK is right.

Assass AoE has *never* been about spamming FoK.

With shoulders and cape, Assass AoE is:

Opening with 30 stack FoK from stealth (obviously you can't do this every trash pull, but it's often enough to be the best option)
    Poison Bomb
    Tab target ruptures
    Then maintaining single target rotation on 1 mob until it dies

Just..stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post

Opening with 30 stack FoK from stealth (obviously you can't do this every trash pull, but it's often enough to be the best option)
    Poison Bomb
    Tab target ruptures

Just..stop.
    How do you proc poison bomb on demand im curious

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    How do you proc poison bomb on demand im curious
    I'd like you to quote me where I said that lol.

I said what assass aoe is. Assass AoE is about poison bomb procs. Use your common sense.

The point is, if you are FoK spamming, you clearly don't understand what you're talking about and have no right to even begin to try and educate someone about BiS legos.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2017-04-30 at 11:16 PM.

I'd like you to quote me where I said that lol.

I said what assass aoe is. Assass AoE is about poison bomb procs. Use your common sense.

The point is, if you are FoK spamming, you clearly don't understand what you're talking about and have no right to even begin to try and educate someone about BiS legos.
    Looked like you were attempting to make a priority list of spells. No doubt poison bomb is a large amount of our aoe damage but might be more helpful to write out the best opening set up with shoulders/cape to get the poison bombs rolling out more efficiently rather than just saying poison bomb while talking down to other posters

15+ Year Old Account
    No, it wasn't a priority list at all. And I was "talking down" to a troll trying to say cape is bad. When clearly, by all sources, it's the best lego for M+. So..yeah.

Deleted
    I usually switch between cloak/shoulders (trash) and bracers/shoulders (bosses) in higher m+ levels.

The cloak will deliver the 1050% additional FoK damage no matter how often you use it in one minute. You can wait for a minute each time to get the 1050% in one use or you can spam FoK every 2 or 4 secs for one minute and you get the 1050% over 15 or 30 uses. You will gain the full power of the cloak in AoE situations if you have at least 1 stack applied. This part alone would be enough to make the cloak pretty good, but you also have the opportunity to save stacks during downtime and release it with a powerful snapshot out of stealth.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-05-01 at 12:34 AM.

Deleted
    Out of curiosity — whats wrong with spamming fok anyway? As long as you are guaranteed 4+ cps i'd say you should hardly even mutilate.

Not sure how wrong it is but here is what i do:
    3-4x garrotes out of stealth
    3-4x FoK tab ruptures afterwards
    Then FoK envenom spam one target adding KB / Vendetta / DoS (depending on what i want to die when)
    Stop spamming FoK when there is less than 3 targets

Shoulders/cloak with bracers on bosses or say vault mini bosses. Boots/shoulders tyrannical bosses depending on fight. Mast and crit stat sticks. I dont use alac, just swap to ap for bosses or st. Any time i think i would use alac i use outlaw with gloves/shoulders instead.

shoulder + cloak combo

Wait for poison bomb to proc, then vanish.

Enjoy your >1m overall dps in 15+

Also don't open with garrote, open with fok so you can apply 3x rupture and hope for poison bomb proc. The 100% crit buff with poison bomb is just too good.

Also FOK spamming is fine. Why would you not fok spam? the increase in deadly poison tick will do way more than your ST rotation. You're only losing dps by trying to "save up" charges unless you know there is a huge pull coming up.
    Last edited by iky43210; 2017-05-01 at 03:26 AM.

God. Why do people let people like you post?

The shoulders and cape are the two best for M+. You literally have no idea what you're talking about and have no idea how to use the cape effectively if you think spamming FoK is right.

Assass AoE has *never* been about spamming FoK.

With shoulders and cape, Assass AoE is:

Poison Bomb
    Tab target ruptures

Just..stop.
    They let people like me post because people who don't spam FoK in AoE as an assassination rogue are not mods of this site THANK GOD.

If you want burst aoe just get kiljaden it does more damage than a 30 stack cloak crit anyway and it always crits. Swap to some other legendary when it's on cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    Also FOK spamming is fine. Why would you not fok spam? the increase in deadly poison tick will do way more than your ST rotation. You're only losing dps by trying to "save up" charges unless you know there is a huge pull coming up.
    100% agreed

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    The cloak will deliver the 1050% additional FoK damage no matter how often you use it in one minute. You can wait for a minute each time to get the 1050% in one use or you can spam FoK every 2 or 4 secs for one minute and you get the 1050% over 15 or 30 uses. You will gain the full power of the cloak in AoE situations if you have at least 1 stack applied.
    You are correct, I was judging it as if you have to save it to be effective which wasn't right. Anyway the problem is it hits less than kiljaden so i guess best is (assuming legendary shoulders are always equipped):

1. open with kiljaden
    2. switch to shoulders and use them while kiljaden is on cooldown
    3. switch to kiljaden when cooldown hits 30 so it lines up with the internal cooldown of equipping a new trinket
    4. use kiljaden and go to 1.

Kiljaden does more burst dmg than cloak at full charges even if the cloak crits (usually does cos of shoulders)
    Last edited by stevan021; 2017-05-01 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1i3t0 View Post
    3-4x FoK tab ruptures ut of stealth
    Then FoK envenom spam one target adding garrote / KB / Vendetta / DoS (depending on what i want to die when)
    Stop spamming FoK when there is less than 3 targets
    this is pretty much what you want to do

and alacrity instead of AP

I have boots, shoulders and cloak, so i have equipment sets as buttons and simply switch b4 bosses and back when we go trash