Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Not sure what that has to do at all with what the OP claimed. Sure though, provide a news story of some controversy that some how proves there is some agenda being pushed by leftists professors. You won't for the sake of looking like a fool, is what I'm sure you meant.
    I fail to see how it isn't related to the OP. The topic is leftism on campuses and the many students/student groups who have made the news or end up in viral videos didn't just all get the same ideas at the same time without them being taught. Your attitude is exactly why I won't be making a debate out of this because you've already decided what you do and do not know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I blame tenured college professors for all of this. They are ones influencing these kinds of protests and we need to let them now that's not cool.
    All I can say is...

....What?

Like seriously, do you have any desire to back this up in -some form-?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Either that or he dropped out after accruing tens of thousands of dollars in debt when he realized he couldn't pass by just showing up like in high school.
    I have 2 degrees, computer science and information technology and networking.

Heres an idea, just teach students the fundamentals, not the radical political stuff. That's not a professors job to warp young minds, or is it?. Perhaps state colleges should be shut down.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about their views, I care about what they are teaching young people in this country.
    Yeah, just ignore my post. After reading more of you comments I've concluded you're just bat shit crazy. Somehow this thread doesn't equate to a conspiracy theory to the mods. But, then again, it is mmo-c....

I have 2 degrees, computer science and information technology and networking.
    Probably from DeVry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The topic isn't leftism on campuses. It's leftist professors pushing an agenda in their classrooms. There's obviously a difference. A couple thousand people doing stupid shit at a university with an enrollment nearing 50,000 is pretty typical. More than likely, a significant amount of those people are just on the bandwagon and have trouble thinking for themselves in the first place. It has nothing to do with the professors at the school.

Of course I know what I know and what I don't know. What kind of statement is that?
    Well then where did it come from?

I didn't say you knew what you do know and you don't. I said you've decided to know you have and what you haven't. Meaning the evidence that counters your own view is not evidence at all to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heres an idea, just teach students the fundamentals, not the radical political stuff. That's not a professors job to warp young minds, or is it?. Perhaps state colleges should be shut down.
    What is the 'radical political stuff' being taught?

I've been two four colleges, two in CA. I've never once heard anything like that. The closest to come to it was a negotiation course where we had to debate for and against Trump's immigration plan per the course curriculum tools.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Sure you do.

Now more importantly, do you have any proof of your claims yet?
    I have proof of every single claim I have ever made in my entire life.

You all are talking to Hooked, whose very name is a big hint that it's all just bait. I wouldn't seriously respond to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I'm a republican nationalist, and I would be in favor of free college if the extreme leftist professors could be fired.
    ROFL.

Incidentally, if you got rid of tenure, college would still be just as left wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Well then where did it come from?
    Are you familiar with the word "speculation"?

It's other students influencing other students. Or do you think they only listen and do what their professors say? Do you actually think professors are telling their classroom, "Extra credit if you go out and protest tonight!"

There is no fucking evidence. You can't sit there and just say I'm going to dismiss evidence you refuse to supply therefore it doesn't matter if it exists or not. Provide the evidence and if I dismiss it without an actual argument then you have a point. Or just admit you're too scared you'll make yourself look foolish.
    Assuming that is true, where did that movement first originate from? Who taught the students the ideas that eventually led them to create that type of movement in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    Are you familiar with the word "speculation"?
    Yes and I'm also familiar with the term "dogma" which is apt for how leftists discuss this topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly certain a professor can't require you to buy a text from him personally that they profit from. Regardless, cases where a professor requires their own text for their course is pretty fucking rare. Not that many professors have published text books. They're tedious as fuck to write.
    I've had a couple professors write some.. But both of them were authors of like 15 other books, and were actual big names in the industry. They were also tech related so its not like they were pushing agendas. Also their books were free for the course.

EDIT: I actually looked one of them up, his CV is like 15 pages long, and apparently he's published or been co-author of literally like 100+ books. Sooo yeah.

Yes and I'm also familiar with the term "dogma" which is apt for how leftists discuss this topic.
    Good. So you know that all the claims regarding the existence and actions of 'extreme leftist professors' in this thread are just speculation. Four pages now, still no factual evidence.

Their parents? Other peers? TV? Movies? The internet? Do you think every single fucking think someone learns is from a "teacher"? Your argument is getting weaker and weaker by the post and it's quite sad.
    The only sad thing here is how badly you want to feel right about this. I think it is a safe to assumption that a left wing movement that influences primarily 18-22 year olds on college campuses that happen to have mostly left wing faculty is a bit more than just a coincidence.

Assuming that is true, where did that movement first originate from? Who taught the students the ideas that eventually led them to create that type of movement in the first place?
    My opinion is the communists did it. They installed their people at great cost to influence the minds of the young, we are seeing the fruits of their labor right now with stupid protest marches every other day. You will never hear me say or read me type "I'm so mad want to make a protest sign and march". I think its stupid and Un-American.

The Saudis have also done it with all the extreme Wahhabi mosques and indoctrinating prisoners. It isn't farfetched, its a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    What is the 'radical political stuff' being taught?
    Presumably the heliocentric model.

You mean critical thinking skills?

Yeah those left wing bastards probably taught them those.