Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I don't know if you are joking or not, but the Clinton Foundation was under investigation for being a pay to play charity. There was also some other news about the Clinton's structuring the organization in a way that they use part of it as a personal piggy bank.
    It was under an investigation based off of a completely bullshit book (Clinton Cash, the author even admitted they don't have evidence to back up most of the assertions when pressed by media, IIRC) that went nowhere. As for the reports of it being a slush fund, that was largely a pushed by partisan conservative blogs looking to try to make the Clinton Foundation into a campaign issue despite it being almost entirely above board (minus a few minor issues that were more bureaucratic than anything else).

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I shouldn't require brushing up on my basic american history but let's see what we've got here...7th president, founder of the democratic party...

He was a slave plantation owner. Ah. That's probably why. Seems Trump didn't even bother to do my 30 seconds of research before opening his mouth.

On the death thing it's harder to say. I interpreted the start of his comment as being "if Andrew had lived a little later..." but you're right, taking the rest of what he said with it he probably had no idea Andrew Jackson was dead by that point either.

I'll bet $20, and 10 minutes ago.
    You know what's a scary thought, the switch to the 20 dollar will occur under Trump, I can almost see the executive order and race riots now.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It was under an investigation based off of a completely bullshit book (Clinton Cash, the author even admitted they don't have evidence to back up most of the assertions when pressed by media, IIRC) that went nowhere. As for the reports of it being a slush fund, that was largely a pushed by partisan conservative blogs looking to try to make the Clinton Foundation into a campaign issue despite it being almost entirely above board (minus a few minor issues that were more bureaucratic than anything else).
    I was unaware of this, thank you. I never really kept up with the news, if there was even any, after the foundation went under investigation.

This is like an episode of Drunk History.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    It appears he was trying to make a connection that Jackson was troubled by the discourse he saw building in the country prior to the civil war...it didn't just happen overnight. Then he suggests that had Jackson still been alive and a major political player he could have helped prevent it. Clearly this is an argument which is hypothetical and would need to be fleshed out...

I'm not sure what the fuck you're confused about? It's an interesting thought experiment to say the least....but what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    This is like an episode of Drunk History.
    Except you know, we don't get to watch an introverted, nerdy historian slur their words and puke into a trash can while we laugh.

So it's like an episode of Drunk History...but without the actual history, comedy, or fun.

Wait...this is nothing like Drunk History : (

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    What switch?
    Harriet Tubman replacing Andrew Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I don't know if anyone here knows any pathological liars, but Trump reminds me way more of that than a sociopath which he constantly gets related too.
    A sociopath would try harder to fit in by not standing out, IE a Patrick Bateman. So Hillary Clinton is closer to what a sociopath would be. When she attempts to fit in it comes off as forced, she never learned to be charismatic and can't fake it. But there is a huge disregard for other people in her behavior, a major trait of a sociopath.
    Trump comes off as a pathological liar. He lives in a world of his own creation and everyone time he opens his mouth he is looking for approval. He needs to be accepted and often says things to make himself look smarter than he really is. Granted in his world no one fact checks him.
    With Narcissistic tendencies. These combined would probably sum him up pretty well, granted Narcissism is prevalent in politics generally. It takes a lot to believe you can change the world, but it can't exist to a point of detriment. Possibly Megalomaniac as well, might encompass both those traits pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    It appears he was trying to make a connection that Jackson was troubled by the discourse he saw building in the country prior to the civil war...it didn't just happen overnight. Then he suggests that had Jackson still been alive and a major political player he could have helped prevent it. Clearly this is an argument which is hypothetical and would need to be fleshed out...

I'm not sure what the fuck you're confused about? It's an interesting thought experiment to say the least....but what's the problem?
    He literally said that Jackson was angry DURING the civil war.

Don't try to spin this, it's possibly the worst hill to die on

Deleted
    Someone find some dirt on this imbecile and impeach him already. At this point it's embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    Someone find some dirt on this imbecile and impeach him already. At this point it's embarrassing.
    He made it through all the dirt people found in the primaries; this guy might just be another Teflon president.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I am the prettiest woman on Earth! Clearly I said it, so it must be true
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No I'M the prettiest woman on earth, stop trying to sell us your "alternative facts"!
    Now now, you can both be princesses. But let's handle this like grown women.

In a pool of jello wearing bikinis
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Now now, you can both be princesses. But let's handle this like grown women.

In a pool of jello wearing bikinis
    Jello wearing bikinis? How does jello wear a bikini?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I'm not even an American and don't want to comment on this specific statement or the person behind it too much. Have to say though, that I find it funny how literally everyone here thinks a complete idiot that has no idea about anything could get to the position he's in. Yeah yeah populism and whatever, but do you honestly believe that anyone could even get to the position to run for president, let alone have any success just by shouting populist slogans? All of you who think you are so much smarter: Do you even have an university degree? What have you achieved in life, to be able to call the POTUS an idiot and claim yourself to be smarter?

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubt, while the stupid ones are full of confidence"
    -Charles Bukowski

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Funny where you stop that quote. Let's continue it:

Andrew Jackson died sixteen years before the Civil War started. Jackson wasn't angry about it and didn't say anything about it.
    He was DEAD.
    He was looking down holding hands with Jeebus, George Washy, and the rest of the (blessed be thy names) Founding Fathers, with a look of disapproval!
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Deleted
    I'm not even American and don't want to comment on this specific statement or the person behind it too much. Have to say though, that I find it funny how literally everyone here thinks a complete idiot that has no idea about anything could get to the position he's in. Yeah yeah populism and whatever, but do you honestly believe that anyone could even get to the position to run for president, let alone have any success just by shouting populist slogans? All of you who think you are so much smarter: Do you even have an university degree? What have you achieved in life, to be able to call the POTUS an idiot and claim yourself to be smarter?

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubt, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."
    -Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post

That he doesn't actually know Jackson. Who was renowed for violence, if he had been met with the entire south moving he would have acted the same way or quicker than Lincoln on going to straight war. He wasn't saying major political player he was saying President as a backhanded way to say Lincoln was at fault for his handling of the situation.

The scary part isn't even that, it is his befuddlement about the Why? of the Civil war. It isn't really that complex of a matter to understand, not the simplest. But to pretend no one has ever asked the question is generally a stupid comment, not even ignorant, but blatantly stupid. Or that the question has not been answered ad nauseam. Then again his base does seem to have a problem understanding the conflict as well, so pandering much?

His problem really is he just talks, streams of consciousness everything that comes to mind despite what is going on. It is a terrible quality in politics. It isn't even just saying it like it is, it is saying anything you feel like, despite facts, knowledge, understanding, or context. Like some super stoned freshman in college, who missed class for 2 weeks shows up and just starts rambling questions to the professor about some theory they have.

And for someone that loves to criticize and say what he wants about whoever, he sure does pucker up tight when anyone says anything about him, even when it is 100% fact based. Take "Repeal and replace" then a few weeks ago, "I never said repeal and replace" it was a goddamn chant at your rallies.

Either direction the problem is we have someone who truly lacks a historical grasp on our society, has zero understanding of the 3 branches of government and their power, thought his job would be easier, doesn't understand the constitution (which to be fair he's always had lawyers do that, but as president it is inexcusable), and someone we have to provide on the job training for from ground zero. Overall the most unqualified individual ever for president and the only people that will pay or suffer are American taxpayers.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    His dirt's been around before he even thought about running. His followers don't care as long as he 'screws duh libruls'. I think Ransath showed to be a perfect example of that in this very thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    As long as he puts 2 more young conservatives on the SCOTUS and stops liberals/progressives from EVER getting a chance to fuck up this country more than they already have (at least in my lifetime) then I really couldn't care less if he thinks Ben Franklin founded and is part owner of "Ben and Jerry's"
    InB4 "feckless, but Hussein Obummer, but emails"
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2017-05-02 at 12:13 AM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

I know everyone will use this to take cheap shots at Trump.

What he basically said was: why couldn't it have been worked out?

Basically, what everyone who advocates against war says. There must be another way to work this out (other than violence).

Also, anybody that knows anything about Civil War history knows that many historians hypothesize that the country was lead purposefully into war by the government (Lincoln in particular).

I am not saying that I agree with that theory, those historical theorems would lend credence to what Trump said about how it could have been worked out another way.

Are we going to pretend all that doesn't exist just to take a cheap shot at Trump? Why bother?

cheap shot at Trump
    I'd buy this if Trump had been an intelligent, well-balanced person up until now. If you know someone is a good person with a level head then you can give them the benefit of the doubt.

In Trump's case this is just part of a well established pattern.