10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Played a bit more Bastion since I got his skin too, his Recon Mode is brutal, absolutely butchers Pharah and most everyone else 1v1 but people still tie themselves down in turret mode?
    I really don't get it. He's got SLIGHTLY shorter range on damage falloff compared to Soldier 76, and a slightly lower rate of fire (which doesn't matter that much, for shooting at range, since your burst-firing, not hosing someone with full auto), and in exchange he's got double the health, some of that health is armor (which further reduces damage taken), and he's got more reliable self-healing that isn't tied to a cooldown.

When I play Bastion, I tend to spend a LOT of time in Recon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I really don't get it. He's got SLIGHTLY shorter range on damage falloff compared to Soldier 76, and a slightly lower rate of fire (which doesn't matter that much, for shooting at range, since your burst-firing, not hosing someone with full auto), and in exchange he's got double the health, some of that health is armor (which further reduces damage taken), and he's got more reliable self-healing that isn't tied to a cooldown.

When I play Bastion, I tend to spend a LOT of time in Recon.
    His spread feels less than 76 too. I'm pretty much using Sentry just to shred barriers and tanks.

Level 25 soon, at 23 now but community in this game is so bad that I play maybe once every few weeks.

Had a few great games yesterday and climbed from 1700 into the 2000,

Then proceeded last night to play about 7? Every single fucking one of those games we had a Hanzo and WM, I dropped straight back down to 1700 before I called it quits for the night,

It's really fucking irritating, I'm seeing so many WM and Hanzos in comp right now and they are all trash (minus 1 WM who hard countered a pharah and won us the game), complete and utter trash. One game this guy refused anything but hanzo (I was on reaper) and we lost the first round pathetically, I was gold damage. Anyways, someone in the team says they'll switch to x if someone can take over healing, which I did on zen. This hanzo then takes reaper and says "Its about fucking time I can play reaper" and proceed to play him really well.

At that point I let rip, I was like why the fuck didn't you just ask to play him, we literally sat there and discussed choices before leaving the room. Sadly, they only had to move the payload less than half the distance to the first point, so we got stomped regardless

15+ Year Old Account
    So I showed this to a friend, and he said "30 Million players and no one on the objective"

having mixed feelings atm. I thought i'd do some quick plays to get some practise on some heroes i barely ever get to play (genji & mccree eg.) cause i usually try to complement the team. Suddenly i never get any wins anymore. No team comp whatsoever (no healers, no tanks, having a hanzo+wm etc.)

kinda done for the day *sigh* xD
    made by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Got back to playing some comp, mostly went okay although I reported at least one person in every other match for being a dick. Gained some SR, so 2120 now, did get to 2150 (total gain of 80) but lost and drew ones after that.

Why do people ask you to play Rein, then not support Rein? I hate playing him as it is, but where's the benefit of 'taking one for the team' and tanking a bunch of SR with him when people don't want to work with it? It's infuriating. One team had McCree, 76 and Ana, none of them could hit Pharmercy. Clearly all my fault though because I picked Widow in round 2 in spite of how awful everyone was in R1.

Also, Mei and Symmetra are terrible for KotH (in fact, they're broadly poor anyway given how commonly used Pharah is). My record of failing to win a single match with Mei on my team continues.

- - - Updated - - -

On the plus side, multikills are easier in Comp, had I think 3 in this match; but this was the match winner:

http://plays.tv/video/590763ad057ea0...e-eichenwalde-

Deleted
    I'm getting destroyed bcoz of kids rage quitting in the middle of the game. Lost over 500 points today - 10 straight games playing with 1 less person on the team.

15+ Year Old Account

Also, Mei and Symmetra are terrible for KotH (in fact, they're broadly poor anyway given how commonly used Pharah is). My record of failing to win a single match with Mei on my team continues.
    Any team that can't shut down an opposing Pharah will have problems regardless of having Mei or Symmetra on their team or the map.

A good Symmetra can be a solid pick on attack or defense regardless of the map in my experience. Personally I find Winston a bigger counter to playing Symmetra effectively than Pharah. I don't often play Symmetra on attack, but she can be great busting choke points because people are stupid and still don't realize her alt fire ignores barriers and hits everything in its path for 125 damage fully charged. Depending on the opposing team, if we get control of the point and Sym has time to turrent the crap out of it, she can be great for helping hold. Not to mention the shield gen is just OP. Can't speak to Mei as I rarely play her.

I'll agree you don't pick either to counter Pharah, but that also isn't their job (unless you get a Mei that is wicked good with her alt fire).
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-05-01 at 06:03 PM.

Going to have to strongly disagree with you on that one. I play a ton of Lucio and those are the only two I even feel like I need to be careful around. A good Mei is an expert at keeping people off the point. I've won more than a few games where an ice wall prevented a team from touching the point in overtime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    So I showed this to a friend, and he said "30 Million players and no one on the objective"
    Maybe the objective was the friendships we made on our journey?

- - - Updated - - -

I finally did it

I GOT THE FLOOR IS LAAAAVVVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I GOT THE FLOOR IS LAAAAVVVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Did you get through regular play or through leaver pity? I haven't even tried to get it, although I keep hoping someone will offer in leaver games. It doesn't need to be three kills on the same wall ride right? Just three in a match where you're on the wall for all three and don't die between?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Did you get through regular play or through leaver pity? I haven't even tried to get it, although I keep hoping someone will offer in leaver games. It doesn't need to be three kills on the same wall ride right? Just three in a match where you're on the wall for all three and don't die between? Do you need 100 or killing blow, or just credit on the kills?
    regular play on Lijiang tower, market place.

It needs to be three kills while wall riding. So it can be one wall ride per kill. Lijiang and Illios are the easiest maps for it (which is why Lucio's love these maps) Basically if you get credit for the kill (not an assist) it counts.

The easy way to do it is to boop, wall ride, wait for them to die.

repeat

Issues
    1. Not easy
    2. has to be within 1 life
    3. you may fuck up the wall ride and disengage with the wall too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by alexOverPro View Post
    I'm getting destroyed bcoz of kids rage quitting in the middle of the game. Lost over 500 points today - 10 straight games playing with 1 less person on the team.
    You mean if you hit a random group button it gives you random people with random skill and random behavior? Do tell!

If only there was a way for you to take charge of who you play with, like an ability to invite people who you think are good players to a 'friends list' and then invite them to game when you see them on! Nah..... that's just a pipe dream...
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-05-02 at 03:42 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never has getting two wins in Arcade felt so fucking excruciatingly frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    Some people get bored of FPS games and some don't. I bought the game late December and been playing every day since; have hundreds of hours played.

Also I'm sitting at 3500 credits hoping to get the Mcree skin from the lootbox instead of buying it. By the end of the event I'll probably have like 5k credits and there's definitely non-event legendary skins I still need to get.
    Do you like the new mccree skin? Looks way to similar to one of his old ones imo

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Seriously considering buying the game on ps4 even though I'm already playing on pc. The idea of chilling on my couch and starting over is tempting...hrm.
    If you are used to play fps with a controller, i can recommend playing Overwatch on console. But then i would also recommend you to use voicechat. Just because textchat does not exist there.

I´ve also gone from PC to PS4. On PC most snipers are dominating. On console they are good, but not that hard to counter.

i got a new account as a gift. don't worry, although it's another account, it won't have the bad reputation of a smurf as i'm not really a good player anyway.

played defence on eichenwalde and got his junkrat's both achievement on the attack team's final push. first, mine like a steel trap achievement - knocked enemy mccree standing near the payload with my concussion mine and he landed on my trap and killed him. funny thing is i don't even remember placing a trap there lol. then on their next push, i hid somewhere and ulted. the enemy was altogether on their push and i got a quintuple kill - roadkill achievement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Going to have to strongly disagree with you on that one. I play a ton of Lucio and those are the only two I even feel like I need to be careful around. A good Mei is an expert at keeping people off the point. I've won more than a few games where an ice wall prevented a team from touching the point in overtime.
    i agree with you mate. in koth maps, an enemy team with a mei, winston, reaper, symmetra is a mess to deal with. a team with this comp would not need much aiming and they'd get kills. not to say it's bad, but it is effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried some more CTF, seems it's one side that keeps together and steamrolls through, while the other side, 2-3 players try to work together while the other 3 should be in QP. Guess which side I seem to get :S

10+ Year Old Account
    At least you're not stuck on a back and forth but mostly losing streak where
    the comp likes to give you teammates who think Tracer & Genji are solid dps
    picks against a 3 tank group, one of them being Winston.

Best match making system ever? "Absolutely."