Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What kind of content would there be if blizz stopped creating raids?

Hey.

I often hear people say "If raid participation was lower blizzard would just stopp creating raids" When they talk about LFR.

So i'm wondering, What content would be there instead?

Deleted
    moar WQ.. yeeeey

Maybe some group outworld content. like World bosses or events like invasions etc.
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-05-02 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    moar WQ.. yeeeey

Maybe some group outworld content. like World bosses or events like invasions etc.
    I hear people Complain alot over some addon that got removed which helped grouping, and now they had to wait several minutes to form groups, Would creating more Group World content be a good idea, When the playerbase has a mindset like that?

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I hear people Complain alot over some addon that got removed which helped grouping, and now they had to wait several minutes to form groups, Would creating more Group World content be a good idea, When the playerbase has a mindset like that?
    Those people were grouping for solo content to get it done in 20 seconds instead of 60 seconds

They dont have to wait. They have to click two more buttons. That being said upscaling the WQ system anymore would probably cause me to unsub. Broken Shore, Invasions and Emissary amount to basically three emissaries per day. I dont like it.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

People that complain about the addon are (in my opinion) idiots. It's not hard to do world quests (30 seconds to 2 mins for most) and the people that used the addon usually used it to just stay mounted and sponge off of other people. It's also not hard to simply make a group if you're undergeared without the help of an addon.

Man, reading random capitalization gives me eye cancer.

It would if it was actual group content that you had to group for. People don't hate waiting a few minutes for dungeons and raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    People that complain about the addon are (in my opinion) idiots. It's not hard to do world quests (30 seconds to 2 mins for most) and the people that used the addon usually used it to just stay mounted and sponge off of other people. It's also not hard to simply make a group if you're undergeared without the help of an addon.
    Im using that addon. But i dont leach and im doing those WQs. just want it to be faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey.

I often hear people say "If raid participation was lower blizzard would just stopp creating raids" When they talk about LFR.

NOOOOOPE

Doubt they would ever stop the raiding part, it is one of the main pillars of the game. Would make more sense to stop pet battles, dungeons, LFR etc.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH i got no idea. Outside of raiding everything is so easy world-content wise that it's hard for me to imagine what they could add instead of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    NOOOOOPE

Doubt they would ever stop the raiding part, it is one of the main pillars of the game. Would make more sense to stop pet battles, dungeons, LFR etc.
    I've heard from several posts on threads that LFR is the reason they can still make raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard from several posts on threads that LFR is the reason they can still make raids.
    Doubt it, really. LFR is the reason that can keep making multiple levels, that I can believe. Though,for a game were raiding is one of the biggest stones, I doubt it is held up just by LFR.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I think that is the big problem that killed MMOs in the end. That nobody was able to come up with an endgame that wasn't raids or organized PvP. Both activities that only a minority of players enjoy.
    Most people leveled to max and then stopped subscribing after a while, not just in WoW but in all "WoW Killers" as well.

Deleted
    incorporating other game genres into wow is probably the way to go

i would actually like playing solo qeue in LoL/dota battleground or in a capture the flag/push the cart map like in overwatch or other clone

PvP is where the game has so much room to grow...

the potential would be much higher by moving away from tab targetting to actual aiming and enemy unit collision

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I think that is the big problem that killed MMOs in the end. That nobody was able to come up with an endgame that wasn't raids or organized PvP. Both activities that only a minority of players enjoy.
    Most people leveled to max and then stopped subscribing after a while, not just in WoW but in all "WoW Killers" as well.
    Yes, i do agree with all you said, but i think they are starting to look for something raid-like in terms of difficulty but requiring far less people (Mythic+) or even solo (challenges).
    Both things need some tuning, some considerations because of class inbalance and a lot of risk/reward correct design, but i think there are signs that they are moving into that direction, and if they manage to solve all those problems i think it is a very clever move.

Hey.

Well, haven't we already seen it? M+, artifact challenges, scaled up old content with Timewalking. Probably more WQ kind of stuff.

The thing is that a LOT of WoW's success is based on raiding. There are many people who ONLY play wow for the raid gameplay. Think about it: Where else can you get a PVE experience that's a 20 person team-based dynamic?

I'm pretty sure that if WoW stopped delivering raids that it would fail pretty quickly. Or die down to levels of participation that were insignificant to what it has now. MAYBE it could survive on smaller team-based content like dungeons and scenarios, but I doubt it. One of the strengths of WoW is how many different types of players that it caters to. Solo, small group, large group, pvp, lore freaks, math wizards, theorycrafters, and any range of skill from super casual all the way up to ultimate basement-dwelling master no-lifer.

If they start narrowing down the range of players that they cater to, it'll cost em. And "Raider" covers a pretty broad range of players. It would hurt WoW pretty bad to stop making content of that type.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-05-02 at 11:04 AM.

Hey.

It would be GW2 and a dead game
    And shepherds we shall be...

Probably more dungeons instead of raids, or maybe just more world events like invasion, with little meaningless scenario, overall the game would die. Even the people who don't raid actually look up to that and hope to run them, removing riads = removing motivation to play even for most (maybe not all) non-raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey.

Dungeons and quest hubs. That's really it. Ahn'kahet : The old kingdom for example was originally going to be a raid and a huge questing zone. I think Blizzard continued the niche of Raiding from Everquest and has continued to do well with the idea.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Fatel View Post
    It would be GW2 and a dead game
    It would be GW2, but without the better underlying game mechanics that GW2 has.

Also, GW2 has raids now.