Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianesz View Post
    1. If you are actually gaining muscle mass loads, I wouldn't bother changing a thing. I'd love to be able to do that personally. If the gains stop and the weight isn't dropping, then you might wanna consider changing something.

2. Belly fat is notorious for being stubborn, and in most people it's the last to go. That's why so few people are sporting a sixpack. Don't get discouraged by this, and keep going. Fatloss in general is marathon type thing, not a sprint. Patience and determination are key.

3. Generally speaking, carbohydrates are the worst for weight loss, due to the fact that they spike up your insuline and prevent access to bodyfat storage. If you're intent on changing something in your diet, add more protein (meat, eggs) and healthy fat sources (eggs, avocados, olives...) and reduce your carb intake, especially fruits with high ammounts of sugar (almost all of them really).

4. It's also entirely possible your caloric intake is too high. No type of diet will help you loose fat if you eat too much. However, starving yourself is not a good idea, since it will lower your metabolism after some time. If you do decide to lower your intake, do so in small increments (-100cal max per week) and monitor your progess.

5. If at some point you're really fed up with everything else, consider giving ketogenic diet a go. It's pretty much universally considered the ultimate fatloss diet, but I mention it last since it's really not for everyone, due to its "extreme" nature.
    1. You cannot gain mass on a cut. You're either cutting, bulking or recomping at maintenance. Gaining muscle mass ('gains') and weight loss/fat loss are polar opposites.

2. Correct. On top of that: spot reduction doesn't exist. Keep at it.

3. Carbs aren't inherently bad. A healthy "diet" is all about making sure you meet your protein/fat minimums before calculating how many carbs you can eat. Eat complex carbs that keep you satiated longer.

4. I'm 100% sure he's in a surplus if he's gaining mass.

5. I'd say keto isn't really for beginners. Stick to the 'standard' approach to nutrition. There are no magical formulas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lifechange View Post
    Hi, I personally think you should stop with the weights and focus more on cardio, cardio is the best thing to define your body. Run more, cycle or swim... But make sure you enjoy doing it!
    No, keep on lifting if you want to lose weight and preserve muscle mass. You can add cardio after lifting or on active rest days, but definitely do not dial down your resistance training for more cardio, especially if that cardio is steady state and not HIIT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Increase intensity or length of cardio exercise, and if bellyfat is what's bothering you, focus more on core exercises than weight lifts to tone your abs. Take care to minimize sugar intake, (citrus fruits or apples are great, but count as sugar here, stick to bananas or other dense fruit) as any at all can affect your more stubborn fat-reserves. With that amount of cardio, you may also not be burning your daily caloric intake properly. I suggest using a calculator online and making sure you always burn the calories of the day.

Keep it up! It's tough, but awesome when you see it paid off.
    No, you either train long or hard but not both. For weight loss, or fat loss, high intensity interval training is simply better than long steady state cardio sessions.
    You also cannot target your belly fat by doing specific exercises, simply focus on a solid approach to nutrition to make sure you keep on losing body fat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    The only thing anyone* needs to lose weight is perseverance.

1) Stop eating carbs(sugar esp), just eat proteins and proteins, but just enough so you don't die, we're losing weight here not becoming arnie.
    2) Buy a bike/shoes and start cycling/walking in any direction, do this until you feel like dying, now turn around and go home. do this every day.
    3) after a month you will have lost all your weight.
    1) No. Eat a minimum of protein and fats that your body needs and fill in remaining calories with whatever you like. On a cut, add a bit more protein than minimum, and add carbs to retain your mental sanity. Complex carbs preferably, but even simple carbs aren't bad per se. As long as they fit your macro/micronutrients and you're full/content with your diet.
    2) Disregarding weight lifting in a fat loss program is suboptimal. Lift weights first, then look at fitting in additional cardio or mobilization body weight exercises (rocket jumps, mountain climbers, skater hops, burpees, body weight squats, pushups, etc.) as a form of cardio. Keep the intensity high.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GiefEpixe View Post
    I'd cut the rice in the evening—unless you're working out one or two hours after that late at night. If not, you really won't need those carbs, i.e. the energy to make it through the rest of the day.

Generally, as people pointed out before, the belly is the very last place in your body where you'll lose fat. It's being stored there first, consequently you're also going to lose it there last.

Not sure how your current schedule looks like but I can highly recommend doing those 2 miles right after each weight lifting session, i.e. when you're working out 3 days a week, do the cardio right after that on the same day. Your glycogen storage will be at a minimum after an intense lifting session, slap some cardio on your body right after that and the only option it has to sustain the workload is to feed off of your fat storage. Getting a good sweat going for 20-25 minutes is definitely enough.

Provided you're generally maintaining a calorie deficit, you'll certainly burn lots of fat with a schedule like that.

I always got great weight loss results that way. It's very demanding, though, especially for your legs when doing the 5x5, so make sure you're always getting enough energy into your body on workout days. Stick to a bowl of oatmeal combined with fruits and nuts in the morning and you should be fine. After the cardio, get some proteins into your body to keep muscle loss to a minimum.

Rest well on off days, definitely skip the oatmeal and stick to proteins mostly. Don't go heavy on carbs on days you don't need the energy.
    1. Carb timing is a myth.
    2. Oatmeal is an excellent source of complex carbs to start the day. It's probably the best carb out there. There is nothing inherently wrong with carbs as long as you're eating your protein/fat minimums. Don't brainlessly substitute all your carbs for protein, it's a recipe for failure for most people and too extreme.

Go to bodybuilding.com and read the stickies in the Nutrition forum about the basics. If you still have any questions, create a topic and you'll get proper feedback instead of the train of "drop carbs bro" replies on MMO Champion from armchair lifters.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-05-02 at 11:57 AM.

OP's facts dont match up..high exercise and low-calorie intake. Thats a CUT and not a Bulk. Shouldnt be gaining weight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    best way to do it is eat green smoothies and ofc everyday some gym workouts, my best friend did it that way because i told him believe me it works fuck all this diets its only profit that they want
    Ya, "green smothies"
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Breakfast:
    3+ Egg Scrambled/Tomato/Spinach

Lunch:
    2 Boiled egg/Tuna/Mayo mashed+mixed together with sweetcorn/red onion on lettuce/spinach

Dinner:
    Chicken with Veg (& Sweet Potato or Rice if this is your postworkout meal)

Try some food supplement to put on the weight

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    OP's facts dont match up..high exercise and low-calorie intake. Thats a CUT and not a Bulk. Shouldnt be gaining weight.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya, "green smothies"
    Probably not being honest about his food/caloric intake. Common problem.

Deleted
    HIIT
    Eat Almonds
    Weighted crunches

Make sure you work out at a pace that keeps a sweat going

Might want to switch up programs. 5x5 strong lift is mainly a strength gaining program.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I don't know what strong life is but you should probably switch up your workouts instead of doing the same thing for months on end.
    5x5 strong lift is one of the most proven programs around. I think it was actually one of Arnies mentors who originally made it.. 3 day weeks alternating between A and B

Week 1 - A - B - A
    Week 2 - B - A - B

Add 2.5kg/5lbs to every excersice every time.