Thread: May 1st Hotfix

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

May 1st Hotfix

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Bladedancer's Grace now correctly improves the critical strike damage of Death Sweep.
    So... now that this has been fixed, are we thinking First Blood takes over as top for ST again?

7+ Year Old Account
    I was sure it was first blood this whole time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    I was sure it was first blood this whole time?
    Even though this thread says Demonic, it devolved into Chaos Cleave in general. For those with higher ilvls, 905+, CC took over FB because of the way that SimC was miscalculating the CS trait (and has been fixed in the sims). Once SimC got fixed, the normal 222 build was simming 943k for me but CC build was simming 951k.

The SimC builds did NOT have the 20% bonus dmg going to Blade Sweep. So now that Blizzard has officially said that it does (and now they've "fixed" the trait), I'm curious if that puts FB ahead again.

Quote Originally Posted by Xathanael View Post
    Even though this thread says Demonic, it devolved into Chaos Cleave in general. For those with higher ilvls, 905+, CC took over FB because of the way that SimC was miscalculating the CS trait (and has been fixed in the sims). Once SimC got fixed, the normal 222 build was simming 943k for me but CC build was simming 951k.

The SimC builds did NOT have the 20% bonus dmg going to Blade Sweep. So now that Blizzard has officially said that it does (and now they've "fixed" the trait), I'm curious if that puts FB ahead again.
    i suppose it has a lot to do with your individual gear, traits and relic set up, but for me cc never fully took over, it got very close but never surpassed chaos blades. Currently i sim the highest with majordomo's dinnerbell trinket (885ilvl) + nightbane chest(890ilvl) with bracers, aothg and bloodlet. this abomination sims 982k @912 equipped. Standard belt + ring chaos blades is 25k behind at 956k. and demonic chaos cleave @940k

so i suppose if you don't want to go down the rabbit hole that is majordomo's dinnerbell, firstblood is a safe bet for single target.

1 088 603
    1 068 853

for me... so still have to play cc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nurden View Post
    1 088 603
    1 068 853

SimC isn't updated yet, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Xathanael View Post
    SimC isn't updated yet, I think.
    using the nightly build ) it's supposed to be upated

10+ Year Old Account
    using the nightly build ) it's supposed to be upated
    Looking at the profiles, it doesn't look like DH has been touched for 4 days.

I don't feel like the DH sims have ever been accurate enough. I don't see why anyone would take first blood over Chaos Cleave, using Blade Sweep is a waste of fury and a global.. There's no reason to ever use it single target, even with the damage it does, there's just no point in using anything but Chaos Strike.. The class is super RNG but all that RNG is attached to Chaos Strike, it's a gamble but now that most people should be sitting at 45-60% crit with set bonuses, I just don't see any logic in the FB/Sweep against a single target..

Deleted
    I think simc was already correct..

Simc was apparently correct for the last 4 days. The hotfix was deployed on 26th, not now.

this always makes me wonder if the 4 set is working on annihilation. i am only saying this because lately i have been getting some seriulsly bad rng.

my crits at about 49% with eye stacks, and i get 40-50% crits on annihilation, a few times 20-30%

with that much low crit, my opening burst dmg just goes down by a huge margin.

Chaos Cleave how eva maintains a healthy 55-60%~

1 088 603
    1 068 853

I'm sorry for the offtop, but how it the world you were able to achieve almost 1.1m simDPS? I'm barely at 600k with 907 ilvl and 46 artifact.

I *knew* that there was no way something would intentionally modify blade dance and not death sweep, I mean what an absurd idea. Why would they ever do that?

I just wish we were getting a bit more attention than fixing obvious mistakes; still, good to know it's fixed and is *now* working as intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Treecko View Post
    I don't feel like the DH sims have ever been accurate enough. I don't see why anyone would take first blood over Chaos Cleave, using Blade Sweep is a waste of fury and a global.. There's no reason to ever use it single target, even with the damage it does, there's just no point in using anything but Chaos Strike.. The class is super RNG but all that RNG is attached to Chaos Strike, it's a gamble but now that most people should be sitting at 45-60% crit with set bonuses, I just don't see any logic in the FB/Sweep against a single target..
    It was worth using because it did more damage. I don't really understand your logic about "wasting a global" - you used it because it has a lower Fury cost and hit harder (with the talent). The talent is basically causing Blade Dance/Death Sweep to hit your primary target for triple the normal damage and is also significantly reducing the Fury cost. I don't understand how you can say "waste of fury and a global" -- it's *less* Fury than a CS and I believe more DPET as well. Both rely on RNG to an extent, too; while Chaos Strike also has the Fury refund on crits, both rely on critical hits to actually do sufficient damage. With the Blade Dance trait now being fixed, Blade Dance/Death Sweep do significantly more damage when they critically hit meaning they're just as RNG in terms of the ability fulfilling it's damage potential.

See, my issue is that now not only can Chaos Strike refund on crits, but it can proc extra chaos strikes, and those extra chaos strikes (as terrible as it is to bring up more RNG) can also crit. At this current point in the game, I'm never fury starved in fights at the moment.. It just feels like adding Chaos Cleave into all of that rather than going First Blood and interrupting that flow by throwing in Sweep on CD is better right now (I'm sure things will change with the next set bonuses though).

I wasn't trying to sound like a dick or anything, I'm just genuinely curious about it all. I haven't felt like any DH guide or Sim has been entirely accurate since the expac released. I am not a mythic raider or anything, my ilvl is only at 900, but on Krosus I've been parsing at 800k for the last few weeks with my current build.. I guess I should try FB and see what I parse at.. But DH RNG makes everything hard to compare, even in the same gear and builds on a weekly basis..

It has a slightly higher damage per execute time to Chaos Strike and only costs 15 fury. That is why it is a workable choice. Pre-new gold, it was a clear higher damage per execute time ability and also cost less. It was no contest. Really, the only thing pushing it over is that onslaught procs will make a Chaos Strike that crit, a free cast. Looking at a sim, it seems that this interplay provides about 45% of the fury that AoTHG is giving, so it's almost like having an additional half-AoTHG.

Sims with the current nightly for my character (lowish ilvl due to an 865 dinner bell):

# Gear Summary
    # gear_ilvl=905.38
    # gear_agility=20602
    # gear_stamina=35974
    # gear_crit_rating=12835
    # gear_haste_rating=4482
    # gear_mastery_rating=5683
    # gear_versatility_rating=1180
    # gear_armor=2410
    # set_bonus=tier19_2pc=1
    # set_bonus=tier19_4pc=1

Chaos Cleave: 928k
    First Blood: 921k
    Last edited by Occar; 2017-05-02 at 03:22 PM.

I have no idea how for everyone CC sims better than FB, I have also 904-906 ilvl and its dps loss for me.

dinner bell + eoc + chest. I have 929 wep ilvl with 7/7 chaos strike. There is only 1 thing in game that makes a BIG deal for DH dps - relics. I have 2 905 from tycho ( unlucky) and 910 from MoS ( Took me 2 weeks of everyday farm to get it thx blizz, nice tf system). I don't give a shit about dudes who suck rnjesus's dicks for them 925 trinkets and tier token procs. I'd stay with 0 titanforges just baseline gear that i have but gimme x3 925 relics pls.

Ah, I have two meta reduction relics because of titanforged proc and even when Im not using shouldersthey were upgrades due massive ilvl increase. Maybe thats why CC is not that good for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I have no idea how for everyone CC sims better than FB, I have also 904-906 ilvl and its dps loss for me.
    3xRelic with CB bonus crit dmg that are high enough ilvl to make your weapon 930ish+ and probably 45%+ crit chance. This is how you get CC to get superior over FB and bloodlet with bracers.
    For me with 928 ilvl weapon with 2x relics and 46% crit chance i get equal results for 3 target fight over 350 seconds (1 112k with CC and 1 115k with bloodlet+bracers). I bet my ass that will change the moment I manage to get 3rd relic wit CB crit dmg.