Thread: Bracers nerf

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bracers nerf

from front page

Mo'arg Bionic Stabilizers Throw Glaive deals 25% increased damage for each enemy hit.

At the moment they can be a lot of fun to play around with on cleave fights but this will probably make them one of the most useless of legendaries, even in perfect situations, sustained 3 cleave.

Were these really going to be too powerful in 7.2 or is this a bit heavy handed?

They might buff glaive baseline damage - it was a bit polarized, shit talent without legendary and arguably OP with.

Wow, really? We were just getting to the point where bracers were starting to be used more often again, this is kind of dumb.

What happened to the CONSTANT comments saying "We would rather buff the bad legendaries than nerf the good"? That's hardly *ever* happened with us and it seems like every single time a legendary becomes fun to use they nerf it to the ground. I mean, cutting the bonus by HALF? I can't *imagine* this is an issue with ST damage, so why nerf it to the ground for that? If it's an issue of the DoT running on three targets why not have it be 50%, reduced by 10% (or whatever amount) for each target hit after the first? A flat 50% nerf to its bonus seems like a totally kneejerk reaction to what wasn't even overpowered in the first place.

Once again, Blizzard nerfs something that might have been slightly fun to use and shows us that if we're not playing the spec they want with the legendaries they think we should be using, they'll do something about it.

Edit: I understand these notes may not show the full changes and am hoping that this is being done simply as compensation for something else and in the end won't be a nerf. I guess it's POSSIBLE that damage is being added elsewhere or that some other change is being applied to the legendary, but who knows. I'm just adding this as sort of a disclaimer; I understand the notes are not final and this may be an overreaction, but after Blizzard told us that Havoc was one of the classes getting a bit of an "overhaul" in 7.2.5 I've seen literally NOTHING about the spec other than a few small nerfs being tossed around and a few small changes. Every other spec that was mentioned has had massive, in-depth posts discussing Blizzard's theory and ideas for the class and it's as they've forgotten they mentioned us at all. How long until somebody asks them where the Havoc conversation is? I keep telling myself "there's more time left" but we're getting closer and closer to the day the patch hits and to the point where it's too late to perform/test any significant changes.. and still, no Havoc talks coming from Blizzard while I keep reading their huge posts regarding the other specs they included in that list.
    Last edited by Extremity; 2017-05-03 at 03:03 AM.

Good thing we keep getting forced into First Blood. Blade Dance crit damage trait, T20 purely buffs BD. Now bracers nerfed, guess they only wanted us to use Bloodlet at the start of the xpac.

And tier gonna be first blood related too so why bother

They're also changing(nerfing?) the chest.

Eternal Hunger: Gain 50% leech while Blur is active > Vengeful Retreat heals you for 30% of your maximum health.

The fuck for?

Quote Originally Posted by Elennoko View Post
    They're also changing(nerfing?) the chest.

Eternal Hunger: Gain 50% leech while Blur is active > Vengeful Retreat heals you for 30% of your maximum health.

The fuck for?
    that doesnt really seem like a nerf tbh. its just different.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    that doesnt really seem like a nerf tbh. its just different.
    I can sure as hell heal more with 50% leach during blur than a measly 30% of my max health.

Stupid nerfs all around.

why the unholy fuck is blizzard obsessed with making first blood the only viable choice for tomb.

they are probably also going to add legendary pants that make blade dance hit 20% harder if only one target is hit as well, which would be a relief at this point as I consider the belt to be terrible design and it's our only other throughput legendary if bracers get butchered.

This is so annoying lol, coming into en we had bloodlet massively nerfed and now they are fundamentally removing it as this change probably makes blade dance cleave better or equal or more likely just behind enough that it won;t matter because of it's performance st >.>
    Last edited by reokotsae; 2017-05-03 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gylen View Post
    I can sure as hell heal more with 50% leach during blur than a measly 30% of my max health.

Stupid nerfs all around.
    more healing overall with the new one though

Hope this bracer nerf has a reason such as a yet unlisted tier bonus change which buffs whichever talent you take in the third row (First blood, Bloodlet, Chaos cleave) instead of just first blood or a buff to throw glaive damage, seems down right unfair otherwise
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Fordragon View Post
    Hope this bracer nerf has a reason such as a yet unlisted tier bonus change which buffs whichever talent you take in the third row (First blood, Bloodlet, Chaos cleave) instead of just first blood or a buff to throw glaive damage, seems down right unfair otherwise
    at this stage of the game with blade dances being so heavily shovelled unto us I want to see it's damage increased and it become our go to medium cool down damage button. And the 102 row gets changed into pure blade dance augmentation.

chaos cleave gets changed to after blade dance your next 3 chaos strikes cleave and hit 15% harder

bloodlet changed to blade dance dot, or targets with bloodlet take additional damage from blade dance or bloodlet ticks have a chance to proc a free harder hitting blade dance. Change the bracers to an increased chance to proc, or higher damage percentage for it.

first blood, blade dance no longer hits anything except your primary target for heavily increased damage.

As it is now we look at very little else besides chaos strike, if they want to heavily change our rotation/gameplay/skill cap make blade dance our number one priority and dispense with throw glaive as little more than a slow/dire filler.
    Last edited by reokotsae; 2017-05-03 at 06:18 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, I'm glad I didn't bother changing my playstyle. Since Bracers are my only DPS leg anyway

Quote Originally Posted by reokotsae View Post
    at this stage of the game with blade dances being so heavily shovelled unto us I want to see it's damage increased and it become our go to medium cool down damage button. And the 102 row gets changed into pure blade dance augmentation.

chaos cleave gets changed to after blade dance your next 3 chaos strikes cleave and hit 15% harder

bloodlet changed to blade dance dot, or targets with bloodlet take additional damage from blade dance or bloodlet ticks have a chance to proc a free harder hitting blade dance. Change the bracers to an increased chance to proc, or higher damage percentage for it.

first blood, blade dance no longer hits anything except your primary target for heavily increased damage.

As it is now we look at very little else besides chaos strike, if they want to heavily change our rotation/gameplay/skill cap make blade dance our number one priority and dispense with throw glaive as little more than a slow/dire filler.
    Those changed sound interesting. I'd definitely be up for Blade Dance to always be included in the rotation (without the T20 bonus) and those talents changed.

Deleted

OMG got the bracers 2 weeks ago and enjoyed bloodlet since this point. Very amazing in M+ and also in NH nice to play, so if this goes live I will be very disappointed!

If there won´t be any other changes around this nerf Bloodlet & bracers R.I.P! -.-´

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    more healing overall with the new one though
    It's definitely less healing overall, but I think that an instant 30% heal when I VR might be more beneficial. I've only used the chest like 3 times and it's always been for WPVP; I didn't even use it for the artifact challenge. When I did, though, a 30% instant heal on every VR would have been a lot better. If you can't pump out the damage during Blur, the chest becomes useless. The new one is 30% guaranteed, and instantly. Is it instant? It doesn't say otherwise, and an instant 30% is nice compared to "30% over 10 seconds" or whatever.

And how it this going to work with the talent Prepared? A ten second reduction puts VR at a 15 second cooldown; a guaranteed, instant 30% heal on a 15 second cooldown would be fucking crazy. Honestly, and I admit the DH nerfs are absurd, this is one we should stay low-key about in case it works with Prepared so we can totally use the crap out of it in the open world.

As I said in another post, though -- we were promised significant fixes and changes to Havoc in 7.2.5. Every other spec they mentioned has gotten detailed posts regarding their thoughts on the spec; we've gotten NOTHING but a few *nerfs* and the change to Demon's Blades. It's as is if they've totally forgotten they ever mentioned us. I know we're a new class, but I feel like we're being horribly ignored as if everything's fine. They keep nerfing legendaries of ours after the whole "we'd rather buff the bad ones, not nerf the good ones" -- something they've, again, completely ignored when it comes to us. Any legendary that is even decent for us gets nerfed to crap, and the terrible ones (ie boots) are just completely ignored.

I've played other toons where this happened; my Paladin and my Warlock have been my only other two mains before DH (in a decade) and both went through *long* periods of time where they desperately needed changes/fixes and were ignored. Things are better now, but it was a LONG time before we got to that point and until then we went through months and months of no contact, leading to "it's on the table for us" replies and then nothing for months again. I'm scared that the class I now main is going through the same process and that I'm dealing with some curse where any class I decide to main is immediately put on the backburner by Blizz. Aurgh. I hope I'm just tired and am completely overreacting, but after that post SPECIFICALLY listing "Havoc" and like 5 other specs as "Specs that are getting significant attention this patch" it's crazy that *every single other spec* has gotten one (or several!) of those long, detailed posts about how they feel and we haven't gotten a *single word*.

Guys, dunno but those changes feel like they are not done with DH, they are complety "clumsy" at this stage without other changes.
    There will be more, they are just not finalized yet in their mind I guess but DH can't be release in 7.2.5 like this, this is ver awkward.

Deleted
    Bracers are ridiculously OP right now. They have to do something. They will still be good for AoE/Cleave even with the change.

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    Bracers are ridiculously OP right now. They have to do something. They will still be good for AoE/Cleave even with the change.
    Bracers are behind whatever I do for now. didn't see the "ridiculously OP". Quite disappointed to be honest when I looted them last week. What is ridiculously OP right now is Chaos Cleave + Demonic spam. Whatever I do, it's 10k above at least other specs / configurations FOR ME. And effectively, if I get lucky I can get good big damage strings spam.

Deleted
    I just tried out bloodlet since I got the bracers and am new to the class and holy fuck that dmg I can sustain compared to my monk atm which has more artifact level. Granted it was LFR, I used 1 prepot(prolonged) and 0 runes food or flask and I got this result on botanist.

Considering I got exactly 0 pieces of set armor I'm amazed on the outcome still.

My gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imcxd/advanced

I also found out if I can massively do DoTs in M+ if I tab target like I do with my monk for the stacks. I totally shit on my 4 set piece ww monk with this like what.