Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    So there is a gear check for the class mounts? Well, I hope there will be a tanaan jungle / timeless isle zone in the next patch for me to catch up then.
    Again, thanks!
    the broken shore is basically a mid-expansion timeless isle.
    dauntless tokens, which you can turn into 850 gear drop from everything, and with enough nethershards you can buy the relinquished 880 tokens.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Baiting for what? I don't have legion and I just want to play for a month to get what's unique in the expansion. I did it the same way with WoD when it's like 12 bucks and subbed for a month.
    I don't know? To get people to talk about how you can "complete" the game in less than a month, insinuating that Legion has no worthwhile content beyond level cap and artifacts?

Seems like an odd thing to do to buy expansion, only to collect a select few items. With no interest in actually playing the game...

That would be like buying Zelda and wanting only to get a hookshot and Epona and call it quits. I just don't see anyone realistically doing what you're describing.

Waiting until the final content of the expansion is out and the powering your single character through questing/zones and all raids via LFR. Ya I get that.

I just don't see the point in collecting any of it really... if you don't intend to actually play. If the point is simply to collect those as quickly as possible and you aren't interested in anything else Legion has to offer... wouldn't it be MORE worth time and effort, to wait until the NEXT xpac?

If I'm wrong I'm wrong... I'm willing to concede that I'm just a negative asshole.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-05-03 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    the broken shore is basically a mid-expansion timeless isle.
    dauntless tokens, which you can turn into 850 gear drop from everything, and with enough nethershards you can buy the relinquished 880 tokens.
    I see, but will there be an end game timeless isle? Assuming the gear tokens will be higher ilvl.
    Just want to maximize my gain with limited time devotion.

Deleted
    I see, but will there be an end game timeless isle? Assuming the gear tokens will be higher ilvl.
    Just want to maximize my gain with limited time devotion.
    Nobody knows at this point, very little info on 7.3 right now.

And you WILL want to do more than absolute minimum to unlock basic skins. Some of them are pretty damn PRETTY! Full list here with pics and all, if you want to have a look and drool a bit.

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-weap...ng-appearances

its really not that bad, the bosses are basically essence pinatas, if you are lucky you can get everything on your first run.
    if not your first, definitely on your second.

NH requires 3 resets maximum.
    So the skin for it isn't as hard as it was originally was/thought to be? I remember everyone saying it was going to take several months to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I don't know? To get people to talk about how you can "complete" the game in less than a month, insinuating that Legion has no worthwhile content beyond level cap and artifacts?

Seems like an odd thing to do to buy expansion, only to collect a select few items. With no interest in actually playing the game...

That would be like buying Zelda and wanting only to get a hookshot and Epona and call it quits. I just don't see anyone realistically doing what you're describing.

Waiting until the final content of the expansion is out and the powering your single character through questing/zones and all raids via LFR. Ya I get that.

I just don't see the point in collecting any of it really... if you don't intend to actually play.
    Did I use the word "complete"?
    I used to play alot of wow and RL got affected so I changed my way after MoP. I will only play for a month for each expansion and get as much as I can out of the one month then wait for the next expansion. I care for the skins because they are unique and only obtainable during this expansion. I already mentioned in previous replies mounts can wait.
    I really dn't expect someone to tell me the correct way to "playing the game"

You can check my forum posts and you will see my concerns are all about the artifact appearance. That's what's tempting me to get legion the most.
    Last edited by kejer; 2017-05-03 at 09:48 PM. Reason: update

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So the skin for it isn't as hard as it was originally was/thought to be? I remember everyone saying it was going to take several months to unlock.
    ye, they increased the droprate of the nightshards for quite a bit, and the essences are guaranteed boss drops now.

Formerly known as Arafal

ye, they increased the droprate of the nightshards for quite a bit, and the essences are guaranteed boss drops now.
    Sweet! Thanks for the info. Might have to start pugging/making groups for my alts over the weekend then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So the bosses drop more than 1 item? If so, then great. Last I heard it was 1 per boss, but I know they were adjusting it so you wouldn't have to spend so much time in the "old" raid.

Might actually do it now on some of my toons.

Yes and no. You have to do the Mysterious Light quest (Illadin) stuff to unlock one and the other is to return a pillar. You don't have to quest through every zone, just finish one or queue for Gul'dan LFR and turn that one in.
    one requires turning in a pillar (zone questchain), one requires recovering light's heart (story quest with velen that you get at 104 or something) and the last one requires you to do the first bit of your class campaign (few quests and a handful of 1hr follower missions)

you don't have to do the four week illidan chain or do any raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I use the word "complete"?
    I used to play alot of wow and RL got affected so I changed my way after MoP. I will only play for a month for each expansion and get as much as I can out of the one month then wait for the next expansion. I care for the skins because they are unique and only obtainable during this expansion. I already mentioned in previous replies mounts can wait.
    I really dn't expect someone to tell me the correct way to "playing the game"

You can check my forum posts and you will see my concerns are all about the artifact appearance. That's what's tempting me to get legion the most.
    First, if you go back to that post I did say that I was willing to concede that I'm just a negative asshole.

Second, I didn't tell you the "correct" way to "play the game" but by your own admission, you aren't actually playing. You're collecting. It just sounds like work. Which smacks of addiction, in which case I would urge you not to fall of the boat... stay clean. You can do it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am an xpac ahead and drunk. So I added "whereabouts" as a copout. So..yeah..12 classes and 36 speccs. Still a daunting job :P
    That's a little misleading. When we are talking about tier 1 and tier 2 skins, you don't have to do any EXTRA work, beyond the questline to obtain the artifact. Which can be done to gain xp on your way to 110. So its still only 12.

Say I want to get the basic skins of all artifact weapons for all classes + all class mounts.
    By basic do you mean all colors of the base artifact? You get all of them when you hit 110 and put AP into every trait, so it's pretty easy. If you mean just the original color, you can get all artifacts at 102!

Class Mounts are much "harder" (time-wise) and require you to be 110 and finish the Legionfall questline, and then some.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    one requires turning in a pillar (zone questchain), one requires recovering light's heart (story quest with velen that you get at 104 or something) and the last one requires you to do the first bit of your class campaign (few quests and a handful of 1hr follower missions)

you don't have to do the four week illidan chain or do any raiding
    I know that, but most know it as the Illidan quest chain starter and will also avoid it because it's time consuming and a waste of time to do the scenario. Also, you don't even have to finish a zone quest chain. You can just go complete Gul'dan in LFR and get your pillar that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    By basic do you mean all colors of the base artifact? You get all of them when you hit 110 and put AP into every trait, so it's pretty easy.
    That's wrong and others have already posted what's needed to do that.

jesus, just play the game and go work on it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Say I want to get the basic skins of all artifact weapons for all classes + all class mounts.
    How much time will it take? A month? Assuming 3 hrs of plays on weekdays and 6-8hrs on weekends.
    I was planning to get legion when it's on sale this November and hopefully the last content patch is released by then. But my yearly wow itch started early this year.
    I have same goal, but I stay subed all the time. After 7.2.5 I plan to dedicate every month for different character - to avoid burnout. If you want to hop for 7.3 and try to do this as fast as possible... you will hate WoW after this, believe me.

There are 6 basic skins right now (I don't think we will have 7th, last patch will focus on main story, not class stuff):

- Default one for completing scenario (you have to complete every one for each spec)

- 2nd for completing class campaign - few hours of questing + some follower missions in between + gather some resources (depend on class) + do 20 world quests

- 3rd is Balance of Power - similar to legendary questline from MoP/WoD, but you can't complete in queueable content, first you have get item from two specific mythic dungeons, then items from Emerald Nightmare Normal (or higher) raid (take 1-2 reset), then another set of Mythic dungeons and finally items from Nighthold - it end here, other raids are not included.

- 4th PVP one - you must get all honor levels twice - doing world quest each day will give you around 2000 a day, and you need about 70.000 total (you see why I will focus on just one char each month?)

(2., 3. and 4. skin you earn just one for each spec)

- 5th hidden one - every spec have different one, sometimes it's rare drop from specific boss (you do this in LFR), sometimes 100% drop from specific world boss (but there are 11 total, and only one is up every week), sometimes questline, rep or even vendor; you must do every one for each spec

- 6th challenge one - you must complete this on specific spec, it's intended for 900-910 item level, so I will start doing this on alts when 7.3 catch up gear and 7.3.5 Argus LFR gear will be avaiable - but you still will need to play every spec very well, it's very hard.

Class mounts are very easy compare to this. You will need to complete your class campaign and then Legionfall campaign - people whine that it's too short, but it will be bless on alts.

EDIT: Sorry I think I didn't understand. If you just want single basic skin for each alt, it will take just a day.