Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Oh I know they do. I just don't believe you for a second. Your highly suspicious sudden account creation only to parrot the same shit the same 5 people who have been banned already is enough for me to not believe a single thing you said.
    Okay, whether or not you believe me doesn't change the fact that I've presented realistic arguments that you've failed to refute. As another poster stated, your repeated attempts to condemn me based on conjecture and conspiracy only reveal the transparent weakness of your standpoint.

15+ Year Old Account
    Freedom of speech. I don't really like either Trump nor Colbert, but he's free to say whatever he likes as long as he isn't making threats.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gxsosbee View Post
    Okay, whether or not you believe me doesn't change the fact that I've presented realistic arguments that you've failed to refute. As another poster stated, your repeated attempts to condemn me based on conjecture and conspiracy only reveal the transparent weakness of your standpoint.
    No you haven't. You haven't presented anything. You've only ever said, "IS OFFENSE!"

It was nothing about Trump or Putin being gay. Try harder with your faux outrage next time mr banned account.

Deleted
    No you haven't. You haven't presented anything. You've only ever said, "IS OFFENSE!"

It was nothing about Trump or Putin being gay. Try harder with your faux outrage next time mr banned account.
    No, I've stated that people who identify with Colbert have something to gain by shielding him from criticism and twisting his remarks. I've also stated that people keep generating hypothetical situations to deflect while I am literally interpreting what he said, which would be criticized as homophobic if it were uttered by any right wing figure. I've also stated that mainstream media is on the side that is condemning Colbert. Did I miss anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Using the implication of a sexual act between two men as an insult, and he was visibly angry and shouting, is clear homophobia. I'm sorry that the truth doesn't behoove you, but based on easily accessible articles from widely accepted news sources, Colbert blurted a homophobic slur.
    The implication is that Trump is bending over for Putin, rather than standing up for American interests is acting such a bitch for Putin's that his mouth's only purpose at this point is to fellate him. Which is something you don't want your president doing to another foreign leader.

Where did Colbert say that fellating someone was bad? And since when is fellatio something only done between two men?

Is reading comprehension that difficult? Yeesh.

I get that a lot of Trumpettes don't like that Colbert, a successful comedian with a popular late night show which he uses to express his opinions, brutally slammed Trump vis-a-vis his connection to Putin and have no practical recourse but to accept what he said, but this "feigned outrage" is just ridiculous.

You might as well be saying "I didn't like what he said about Trump! It was mean and unnice!" for all this "feigned outrage" is worth.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    So exactly how many Republicans are using twitter to boycott this, and how much of it (like the OP stated in all fairness) is people using it to bash the silly boycott?

Christmas time, a twitter hashtag about Republicans boycotting Starbucks was trending, and it was mostly people making fun of them or clearly bullshit accounts. Barely anyone using the hashtag was actually complaining about starbucks.
    Last edited by theostrichsays; 2017-05-03 at 11:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The implication is that Trump is bending over for Putin, rather than standing up for American interests is acting such a bitch for Putin's that his mouth's only purpose at this point is to fellate him. Which is something you don't want your president doing to another foreign leader.

Where did Colbert say that fellating someone was bad? And since when is fellatio something only done between two men?

I get that a lot of Trumpettes don't like that Colbert, a successful comedian with a popular late night show which he uses to express his opinions, brutally slammed Trump vis-a-vis his connection to Putin and have no practical recourse but to accept what he said, but this "feigned outrage" is just ridiculous.

You might as well be saying "I didn't like what he said about Trump! It was mean and unnice!" for all this "feigned outrage" is worth.
    You might as well say "Its okay what Stephen Colbert said! Because Trump is mean and unnice!" for most of the people in this thread who apparently have a lot at stake defending his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

"context only matters when I say it matters!" it really is telling how they pick out that snippet but ignore that it's a joke at Trumps expense as a leader, nothing else (but in all fairness to Trump it's still conjecture). all offense to this is taken, not given.

There's a running theme here, and it's the Trumpets' inability to interpret language correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

No, I've stated that people who identify with Colbert have something to gain by shielding him from criticism and twisting his remarks. I've also stated that people keep generating hypothetical situations to deflect while I am literally interpreting what he said, which would be criticized as homophobic if it were uttered by any right wing figure. I've also stated that mainstream media is on the side that is condemning Colbert. Did I miss anything?
    lol the opposite is actually true. Those who defend Trump do so because they identify with him on an emotional level.

The funniest part is all of your blathering here applies to those like you who are feigning outrage than those laughing at your nonsense. I'm done responding to this fake account. See you back on your main when your ban is over.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-05-04 at 12:02 AM.

Rofl.

Rofl at the fake accounts and fake outrage screaming "homophobe!!!!!!!"

After the innumerable occurrences of Trump being offensive, all of the sudden the thing you care about is a comedian saying "Trump is Putin's cock holster"?

....Oh, of course that's the thing you care about. Because it's about Trump being Putin's cock holster...

Girl your feelings will heal over, have a cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    You might as well say "Its okay what Stephen Colbert said! Because Trump is mean and unnice!" for most of the people in this thread who apparently have a lot at stake defending his character.
    And you apparently have some stake in besmirching the character of a late night talk show comedian.

Frankly I think the character of the president of the United States should be held to a higher regard. If only the president of the united States had, or warranted, any character to defend.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    lol the opposite is actually true. Those who defend Trump do so because they identify with him on an emotional level.

The funniest part is all of your blathering here applies to those like you who are feigning outrage than those laughing at your nonsense. I'm done responding to this fake account. See you back on your main when your ban is over.
    I accept your concession.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I love how the tolerant left is so full of hate and anti-trump that they're willing to forget their own values to insult him. I wonder if Colbert will get a complete pass.

For the record though, I'd love for some to show me a comment Trump has ever said that shows he is anti-gay like all the protesters love to chant.

No conservatives actually care about the joke. They are just trying to use your own strategy against you. Funny how you don't like it now.
    It's somewhat like a religious thing now. Colbert whips up the crowd like a preacher, saying outrageous things, and at the end the crowd is cheering their affirmation of the viciously anti-Trump sentiments the way a deep south congregation would for a fiery sermon. It's more emotional at this point, hating Trump, than it is anything else. If what Trump has accomplished so far were the accomplishments of any other person, it largely wouldn't be noteworthy. But because it's Trump, something is activated in the psyche of people, something primal and, as I said, borderline religious. The Church of Anti-Trump.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-05-04 at 12:39 AM.

I accept your concession.
    Did that make you feel good?

To invent a concession after a slew of crap posting and pretend you won something?

Lol.

Someone says you're not making any sense or worth responding to.. "I ACCEPT UR CONCESSION!! YAAS!"

Lollllllll!!! Thanks for that.

Should he be fired over it: No.

But the comment was distasteful and unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Freedom of speech. I don't really like either Trump nor Colbert, but he's free to say whatever he likes as long as he isn't making threats.

Rules For Radicals. Rule #4.
    Enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by zemerax View Post

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I think it's safe to say that the discussion of what is, and what isn't tasteful, went out the window quite a while ago.

I'm just surprised people even watch Colbert enough to get upset over this. He hasn't been on Jimmy Fallon's level, or even close to anyone remotely funny like Seth Meyers or John Oliver. I'd equate him as around Amy Schumers level of funny, as for the comment without proof it just seems distasteful. Put it this way, if Colbert said the same thing about Obama then you'd see how fast he'd be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by zemerax View Post

Bingo. This guy has it.