Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I dunno, I feel like most video games have gone stale from my perspective. In fact there isn’t one which truly has much value to me, which begs the question whether the games are the issue or whether I’ve just grown out of them in general. Wouldn’t blame blizzard at all.

Personally I like simple games. Something you can hop onto and pretty much get the gist after 10 mins of play. Multi-player half-life 1 comes to mind for example. Having crazy in game menus and character progressions or skins and yada yada ya are just fluff I no longer care for or have time to bother learning

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Wow - Loot slot machine
    Diablo - Loot slot machine
    HS - Loot slot machine
    HotS - Loot slot machine
    OW - Loot slot machine

Yep, seems about right.
    Pretty much, this is how they get people to play. They learned the secret formula from wow and now they included it in their games.

The only good game blizzard has it's starcraft. All the other games are bland and boring. Ow looks like a f2p game if you ignore the art and the music, I bet they invested most of their money on cinematics and marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    I dunno, I feel like most video games have gone stale from my perspective. In fact there isn’t one which truly has much value to me, which begs the question whether the games are the issue or whether I’ve just grown out of them in general. Wouldn’t blame blizzard at all.

Personally I like simple games. Something you can hop onto and pretty much get the gist after 10 mins of play. Multi-player half-life 1 comes to mind for example. Having crazy in game menus and character progressions or skins and yada yada ya are just fluff I no longer care for or have time to bother learning
    Nah there are still good ideas around, let's take for example ark. If it wasn't a giant piece of bugged shit made by an incompetent dev team with no idea on how to balance a game I bet it would be the next great thing.

The problem with games today is that everyone is giving away their money for "early access" shit that will not get finished or they just buy the standard recycled game from blizzard/ea/ubisoft. Then there's dota, lol and cs:go and singleplayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I've had at LEAST 1 Blizzard game in my Game rotation for at least 2 decades now.

There is always something made by Blizzard worth playing to me. The only other Companies I've had in a regular rotation of games is Bethesda and Squaresoft and even they lack the sheer amount of time invested that Blizzard games have.

- - - Updated - - -

That must totally be why they keep making more and more profit every year
    They found a way to make you gamble for trash and make you pay for it. Probably most of their income is from those dumb chests that give you useless skins, most of the people just play to unlock the next chest....what a sad state for an once great software house. Blizzard essentialy turned into pokerstars.
    Last edited by mmoc6cc9359bff; 2017-05-03 at 11:56 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    They found a way to make you gamble for trash and make you pay for it. Probably most of their income is from those dumb chests that give you useless skins, most of the people just play to unlock the next chest....what a sad state for an once great software house. Blizzard essentialy turned into pokerstars.
    I've literally never used a microtransaction to buy chests or cosmetics in any of their games and have all the items I want.

WoW is very stale I can agree on that, other games, Ehm.... Well Sc2 and Diablo are about the same level, Hearthstone OW and Hots are fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I think people just hold Blizzard to a different standard. They expect to be able to play their games for months or even years (or even decades in the case of wow) and never get tired of the games.. How many games by other companies do people really play all the time for more than a few weeks. Even the biggest titles normally only last a week and then they are rarely if ever touched again.
    Well, WoW is a monthly subscription game so it is different along with expansion packs. Other games you don't pay to access every month. 12 years at 15 dollars a month = 2160 dollars. Call of Duty/other yearly release games is 1 game per year. 60*12 = 720.