Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It certainly is,
    yeah.
    Don't really need more than that.
    Colbert basically said Trump is Putin's bitch,
    So its beneath real men to suck dick?
    You can't get away from that one.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    So every straight guy or girl who's ever hooked up with another girl is gay? One action does not dictate your entire sexual identity.

What about sex acts as demonstrations of dominance? It's existed for as long as humans have and we have specific written evidence of it as far back as 400BCE.
    Well theres something much more stinging in a joke or insult to imply that someone is in fact something they are not, something they must certainly would not like to be seen as. Im not really caring about the aspect of the sex act here, its just imaginary and not the point. The point is that this joke/insult paints trump as gay, which he goes so far as to imply he would fuck his daughter, mind you, in efforts to prove hes not gay. Im really at a loss on how you can not see this even as being even slightly an implication that trump is gay, i can see the power dynamic part, but really its as if folks here just want to ignore half of the implications. lol
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    As a blow job isn't an explicitly gay act, the punchline would be the same if Trump was a woman.

Therefore, the only way the joke could possibly be perceived as homophobic is if you think insinuating someone is gay is an insult. Do you?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gxsosbee View Post
    Using the implication of a sexual act between two men as an insult, and he was visibly angry and shouting, is clear homophobia. I'm sorry that the truth doesn't behoove you, but based on easily accessible articles from widely accepted news sources, Colbert blurted a homophobic slur.
    No, it's not. The truth is the neo-cons and alt-rights WANT it to be an insult so they walk down the path of legitimacy you're currently attempting to traverse. The sad fact is that the joke was about prostitution, and the reality is that it was true.

What you guys can't swallow (see what i did there) is that you're God-King is a complete and utter imbecile, totally bought and paid for by the Russians.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah.
    Don't really need more than that.

Your feigned outrage is adorable. Your questions prove you are missing the entire point. Why do you think only conservatives are upset by the joke?

What I love is that you guys will do anything, literally ANYTHING, to take away the attention that your idiot-in-chief draws to himself on a daily basis. Not going to work - Trump is Putin's bitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    As a blow job isn't an explicitly gay act, the punchline would be the same if Trump was a woman.

Therefore, the only way the joke could possibly be perceived as homophobic is if you think insinuating someone is gay is an insult. Do you?
    GoblinP just needs the joke to be homophobic, because otherwise the truth is all that's left for him. And Trumpkins cannot, can NOT, face the truth.

ITT "That's gay", is not homophobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    ITT "That's gay", is not homophobic.
    44 pages and people still miss the joke.

7+ Year Old Account
    Implying a man is a 'bitch' for giving head to another man, is, Drum roll, Homophobic.
    Trump has said-

"Look at Putin -- what he's doing with Russia -- I mean, you know, what's going on over there. I mean this guy has done -- whether you like him or don't like him -- he's doing a great job in rebuilding the image of Russia and also rebuilding Russia period." -Trump told Larry King on CNN (2007)
    "Putin has big plans for Russia. He wants to edge out its neighbors so that Russia can dominate oil supplies to all of Europe," Trump said. "I respect Putin and Russians but cannot believe our leader (Obama) allows them to get away with so much...Hats off to the Russians." - Trumps book (2013) (Time to get tough)
    "Will he become my new best friend?" -Trump asked of Putin in a tweet wondering whether Putin would attend the (2013) Miss Universe pageant Trump brought to Moscow.
    "I think he's done really a great job of outsmarting our country." Trump told Larry King (2013) after Putin successfully dissuaded the US from striking Syria by arranging with the US for the removal of Syria's chemical weapons.
    "I think I'd get along very well with Vladimir Putin. I just think so." Trump said in one of his first comments about the Russian leader since launching his presidential bid last June. 2015
    "I think the biggest thing we have is that we were on '60 Minutes' together and we had fantastic ratings. One of your best-rated shows in a long time," Trump joked.

"So that was good, right? So we were stable mates."

"I think that I would probably get along with him very well. And I don't think you'd be having the kind of problems that you're having right now," Trump said when asked on CBS' "Face the Nation" about similarities between him and Putin, Trump pointed to their appearance on same edition of "60 Minutes." (OCT 2015).
    "I got to know him very well because we were both on '60 Minutes,' we were stablemates, and we did very well that night," -Trump said, despite the fact that he and Putin had been interviewed in separate countries at different times for the same news program. It's a comment Trump has repeatedly made at rallies. (Nov 2015)
    "It is always a great honor to be so nicely complimented by a man so highly respected within his own country and beyond," Trump said in a statement. "I have always felt that Russia and the United States should be able to work well with each other towards defeating terrorism and restoring world peace, not to mention trade and all of the other benefits derived from mutual respect." -Donald Trump issued a statement after Putin praised the real estate mogul as a "talented person" and "the absolute leader of the presidential race." (2015)
    "He's running his country and at least he's a leader, unlike what we have in this country."

"I think our country does plenty of killing also." - Trump said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." (2015)
    "I have no relationship with him other than he called me a genius. He said Donald trump is a genius and he is going to be the leader of the party and he's going to be the leader of the world or something," Trump said, embellishing Putin's praise.

"These characters that I'm running against said, 'We want you to disavow that statement.' I said what, he called me a genius, I'm going to disavow it? Are you crazy? Can you believe it? How stupid are they."

"And besides that wouldn't it be good if we actually got along with countries. Wouldn't it actually be a positive thing. I think I'd have a good relationship with Putin. I mean who knows," he continued. (2016)
    "Maybe we will, maybe we won't," Trump says when asked by Bill O'Reilly about whether he and Putin would have a good relationship.
    "I'm saying that I'd possibly have a good relationship. He's been very nice to me," Trump said. "If we can make a great deal for our country and get along with Russia that would be a tremendous thing. I would love to try it." (2016)
    That's just stopping in March of 2016.................

Claiming a joke is homophobic because you fear people are calling your president a homosexual when really the joke is about Trump acting like Putin's 'bitch' in general and a relationship of Putin's dominance and Trump's open previous subservience then your claims are indeed..... "Drum roll, Homophobic."

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Why does the OP mention the right wing. For everything Ive seen its liberal groups up in arms about colberts alleged homophobic statement. Several articles have been written on it.
    http://modernliberals.com/stephen-colbert-joke/
    #FireColbert seems to have steamed from liberal groups.
    OP its so sad how insecure you are about your own party.
    Seems like your projecting hard.

-snip-
    And yet, in this very thread, many on the right are trying to imply that it is actually a homosexual joke.

Even the right-wing twitter trolls who started the #FireColbert , seem to take issue with the joke either saying it was profane or claiming it was homophobic.

Sounds like the insecure party who champions "locker-room talk" doesn't like this joke because it's about the president and they'll invent reasons to be offended.

So the right views-

["Grab them by the pussy." -A great hero we need to vote for him now. He's anti-pc and a revolutionary savior. We're pissed off thank god for the first amendment.

"Cockholster" - Oh no not our fragile ears. Isn't that against the FCC? How dare he. That's Un-American. He needs to be fired! Don't talk about the president that way!]
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2017-05-04 at 04:07 PM.

So did #cancelcolbert... err I mean #firecolbert work yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Why does the OP mention the right wing. For everything Ive seen its liberal groups up in arms about colberts alleged homophobic statement. Several articles have been written on it.
    http://modernliberals.com/stephen-colbert-joke/
    #FireColbert seems to have steamed from liberal groups.
    OP its so sad how insecure you are about your own party.
    Seems like your projecting hard.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/L9IeJcU.png[IMG]
    /r/the_donald is running a bit against your idea that it is only, or even mostly, liberal groups. That place is foaming at the mouth over the apparent homophobia of his comments while defending legal discrimination against lgbt people in a another thread. One of those things is not related to the subject, but it is funny when looking at the two together.

How does this relate to my post in anyway. I just linked to people discussing the left wing starting this thread not the right. Which invalidates your entire post.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically your saying both sides are mad about it. But fuck the right for being mad about it? Just to be clear.
    No fuck the left too for being upset, just the left doesn't also support legal discrimination against lgbt people while being upset over these comments.

7+ Year Old Account
    How does this relate to my post in anyway. I just linked to people discussing the left wing starting this thread not the right. Which invalidates your entire post.
    Except the left didn't start #firecolbert. That's what made it such a widely known issue/topic. The right. Not the left. The right making a big deal out of it and feigning outrage does indeed invalidate your entire post. One link to a facebook post doesn't amount to anything.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Firecolbert

I don't even see one liberal using the tag, except to make fun of the right pretending to be hurt by it.

There does seem to be a whole lot of another certain party crying about it though. Clearly it's the fault of the left though right?

Just to be clear are you offended by the joke? If not might want to help your party understand why.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2017-05-04 at 04:27 PM.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    "Joke"....lol...unhinged rant is more like it.

Let's be honest here. If this same statement was made about Obama by a right wing show host, there'd be no end to the outrage about it.

It was a dumb thing to say, however truthful it might be. And Colbert is more annoying than funny anyhow.

It is humorous to see the right wing suddenly become friend to the gay man though. You'll be backing off the attempts to repeal gay marriage any day now, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    /r/the_donald is running a bit against your idea that it is only, or even mostly, liberal groups. That place is foaming at the mouth over the apparent homophobia of his comments while defending legal discrimination against lgbt people in a another thread. One of those things is not related to the subject, but it is funny when looking at the two together.
    And this isn't even remotely the "gotcha!" that they think it is.

Only those who think that being called gay is always meant to be an insult are the ones who think that what Colbert says qualifies as homophobic, ironically revealing their own homophobia. They would be insulted if someone suggested they were gay, and they think everyone else would be too. Projection at it's finest.

Those who are socially liberal don't find anything wrong with being gay, so simply calling someone gay isn't insulting or homophobic to them.

The punchline of Colbert's joke wasn't even that Trump's gay. It was that Trump was submissively intimate with Putin. As a woman is entirely capable of that as well, the punchline still stands if Trump was a woman.

Therefore, Colbert's joke is as homophobic as any of the jokes that have been made about Lewinsky and Clinton. It isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Let's be honest here. If this same statement was made about Obama by a right wing show host, there'd be no end to the outrage about it.

It was a dumb thing to say, however truthful it might be. And Colbert is more annoying than funny anyhow.

It is humorous to see the right wing suddenly become friend to the gay man though. You'll be backing off the attempts to repeal gay marriage any day now, I'm sure.
    These people are still trying to learn the ropes of indignation :P it'll be a while until they are able to achieve a similar effect to similar campaigns from the regressives (namely, the scientist's shirt; Moriarty Tweet, etc).

You mean like Alex Jones calling Michelle Obama transgender?

Pretty sure he still has a job. Not his kids, but that's unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    You mean like Alex Jones calling Michelle Obama transgender?

Pretty sure he still has a job. Not his kids, but that's unrelated.
    I'm quite certain that the audience sizes for each aren't even remotely close.

I'm neither right wing nor offended by the joke. But I did link you an article claiming the opposite of your claim.
    You linked to an article that didn't substantiate that claim whatsoever. It merely responded to the liberal strawman they set up. Grats?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm quite certain that the audience sizes for each aren't even remotely close.
    InfoWars has been publicly endorsed by the sitting president, who made an appearance on it while he was campaigning. You can't handwave it away as insignificant.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm neither right wing nor offended by the joke. But I did link you an article claiming the opposite of your claim.
    You linked one BLOG, by someone telling people not to be offended by this. He offers no sources and in only one line says the "Uber-left" are calling this homophobic.

Your "proof" is a blog by a self-proclaimed comedian who is telling people to get over themselves about this joke. Oddly enough those most offended have been on the right. So your hypersensitive criticism of the op and claiming that he's sensitive about his party and projecting seems odd.

Either you aren't as bi-partisan as you claim or you truly have no idea what the argument is about. For the record a comedian's blog with zero quotes or sources is never proof. In fact he doesn't even claim that liberals are the source of #FireColbert, but seeing as you probably, didn't actually read the blog post of a comedian and rather simply linked the title and picture it makes sense.

Also of note this is in the humor and SATIRE section. So he could be saying uber-left ironically when it's the right saying it instead of him misunderstanding where the message comes from. Either way, you've misunderstood what you linked entirely.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2017-05-04 at 05:18 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    How did conservatives respond? Throw a tantrum and start #Colbert. I think what's funny is that I remember seeing many of them freaking over over the #CancelColbert hashtag started by that dumbass asian woman for Colbert's "Ching Chong Ding Dong" bit on the Colbert Report.
    Rule 4: Make opponents live up to their own book of rules. “You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.”

Saul Alinsky's playbook. I think it is more than fair to expect the faction that say "Everything is homophobic, everything is racist, and everything is sexist and you need to call it all out!" to actually live up to their own rules.

Some on the Left even point it out, how it is odd that Liberals will be against Homophobia but use it selectively when its against the "right targets."

It is a fair social critique to make, how come people like Colbert can hold on these liberal/lefty/progressive piety's but in another instance do something that if Richard Spencer did them would be chastised and condemned?

I know Partisan Hackery is strong with some people, but you must be able to see through your loyalty to a political party to recognize this correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Talking

How is this homophobia? The joke is about Trump being Putin's personal bitch .