Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

PTR Build 24026 Unholy Changes

Hey guys! I'm wondering if there is someone who played on the PTR with latest changes and see are they good enough? They are buffing different skills, but nerfing passive damage, which is concerning me.

"Unholy Death Knight Increases damage/healing of Clawing Shadows, Death and Decay, Death Coil, Death Strike, Epidemic, Festering Strike, Scourge Strike, Soul Reaper by 6%. Death Knight - Unholy Spec. 3%. Death Knight - Unholy Spec."

So, if anyone checked it, it will be great if you can share the results. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Faust843 View Post
    Hey guys! I'm wondering if there is someone who played on the PTR with latest changes and see are they good enough? They are buffing different skills, but nerfing passive damage, which is concerning me.

"Unholy Death Knight Increases damage/healing of Clawing Shadows, Death and Decay, Death Coil, Death Strike, Epidemic, Festering Strike, Scourge Strike, Soul Reaper by 6%. Death Knight - Unholy Spec. 3%. Death Knight - Unholy Spec."

So, if anyone checked it, it will be great if you can share the results. Thank you
    We discussed this in another thread. It seems that in the end we still have gained like 3%in many soells..

Unholy didn't get a nerf at all.

Some spells got a 6-9% buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Unholy didn't get a nerf at all.

Some spells got a 6-9% buff.
    The Unholy Aura was nerfed from +6% dmg to +3% dmg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Filri View Post
    And every spell affected by the Aura got a 6% buff. So its Overall a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    And every spell affected by the Aura got a 6% buff. So its Overall a buff.
    My response was to Beefkow, who stated that some skills got a 6-9% buff and no Nerf at all, which inclines that it would be a 6-9% Buff in damage as a whole. Which is just an incorrect statement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    We discussed this in another thread. It seems that in the end we still have gained like 3%in many soells..
    Sorry for missing it, and thank you for your answer

P.S. I hope that 3% buff will be enough to allow us to compete with other classes
    Last edited by Faust843; 2017-05-04 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    TLDR we got a 3% buff from live.
    What about combining the spell changes with gear? It appears our 2 and 4 piece will be very strong. Also in consideration to Frost is there an equivalent to COF for Frost in tomb. If there is not how viable will BOS spec be in 7.2.5? Looking at log data it looks like we're about 10% behind Frost on live. Would you agree Maxweii?

Deleted
    They shifted the 6% on to the spells then put the extra 3% in the aura.

It's a buff not a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post

It's a buff not a nerf.
    the increases to the individual spells are in general greater than 3%. And the good thing about distributing the changes to individual spells is that it makes it easier for blizz to tune each one based on need.

My response was to Beefkow, who stated that some skills got a 6-9% buff and no Nerf at all, which inclines that it would be a 6-9% Buff in damage as a whole. Which is just an incorrect statement.

It's a buff not a nerf.
    10 chars .

Deleted
    3% is pathetic. We can assume that necrosis will have to be dropped, since ptr tests have shown a net gain of nearly 0 when looking at clawing shadow damage. You may see larger gains with non-necrosis builds, once T20 is available to test we should be able to discuss the gains from previous tiers with the buffs.

Deleted
    Tested some of the shadow damage trinkets on the PTR, didn't seem to scale from our mastery too much if at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Tested some of the shadow damage trinkets on the PTR, didn't seem to scale from our mastery too much if at all.
    I found the same, the 910 on use trinket with 45 seconds CD is really pathetic. Looks like it needs to be discussed on the PTR feedback forums, in their trinket section.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    I found the same, the 910 on use trinket with 45 seconds CD is really pathetic. Looks like it needs to be discussed on the PTR feedback forums, in their trinket section.
    Maybe they are changing trinkets to not interact with skills because the shitstorm that DoS is for warriors. To me its a good change no trinket should be 20% of a class damage and an instant 100k dps boost in a single press of a button.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2017-05-08 at 08:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    3% is pathetic. We can assume that necrosis will have to be dropped, since ptr tests have shown a net gain of nearly 0 when looking at clawing shadow damage. You may see larger gains with non-necrosis builds, once T20 is available to test we should be able to discuss the gains from previous tiers with the buffs.
    They seem scared to give us a meaningful % on the aura.

3% probably won't make us competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post

I bet they still scale with all of the warrior damage modifiers though ;^)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Maybe they are changing trinkets to not interact with skills because the shitstorm that DoS is for warriors. To me is a good change no trinket should be 20% of a class damage and an instant 100k dps boost in a single press of a button.
    a 910 Draught of souls will do on average around 4.5 million per cast, this depends on mastery % of the player of course, since it scales with mastery. There is an opportunity cost and it may lose value significantly as our abilities scale up with ilevel. So on the ptr, the highest hitting GCD ability which does instant damage (on average) is around 500k at ilevel 910, give or take 50k. So a 910 DoS in fact does around 3.5 million per cast (assuming you have runes to spend when you cast, which is always most likely the case when trying to advantage of the Death debuf on the target). At 910 there is no ability that can crit that much, let alone hit that much.

Specter of Betrayel has a 45 second CD and hits for over 612K (at 94% mastery) and on the PTR it doesn't even hit for it's full amount so it's bugged. Even so that's quite small. In it's current state it does under 500k for ever 45 seconds. Since it doesn't lock you out like DOS does, there's no opportunity cost involved. The damage it does is also split evenly between targets, so it's not even a mini KJBW.

The other trinket, Engine of Eradication spawns 4 orbs for you to collect. They seem to spawn very close to the target, or your centre (placement is random and is always around you). Each orb extends your str buff every 3 seconds. You can basically double it's up time. This is by far one of the strongest trinkets out there (Edit it's actually weaker than a stat stick of same ilevel if it's proc rate is less than 50%). The problem of course, it can be and I suspect it should be a pain to sometimes collect all the orbs. On fights with lots of mechanics, it should be problematic, but I expect skilled players to deal with this aptly. The orbs stay for around 12 seconds and are green in colour.
    Edit, just hit a dummy target for an hour, uptime is around 24.2%. If you collect all the orbs you in effect double your up time. This makes it less attractive than a stat stick unless the procs coincide with major dps CDs. However, for it to be really attractive it needs a guaranteed 50%+ up time.

- - - Updated - - -

They seem scared to give us a meaningful % on the aura.

3% probably won't make us competitive.
    Anything less than 10% won't make us competitve as things stay as they are. In this scenario, I'd much prefer us to be overpowered for a short time and then brought into line with other top tier classes after progress has been made by the top guilds.
    Last edited by mmoc7f933b7749; 2017-05-08 at 08:11 AM.

The spec damage aura is meant to be a quick fix for DPS issues. You don't actually want a meaningful % on the aura because it basically means that Blizzard has temporarily given up on fixing a spec and is just giving it a blanket x% damage increase instead of going into the skills and tweaking them individually so that a class scales better.

Our scaling has been fine we've just been undertuned slightly. Tuning and scaling are different.