Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool Heroic Czech girl scout stands up to neo-Nazis, becomes internet sensation

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...ent-viral.html

PRAGUE—A Czech girl scout has become an Internet sensation after a photo showing her confronting a neo-Nazi group during a rally went viral.

The teenager, Lucie Myslikova, 16, was among some 300 protesters who confronted a rally of the far-right Workers Party of Social Justice on May Day in the second largest Czech city of Brno.

At one point, she was captured in a photo facing one of about 150 supporters of the fringe party, which is against migrants and the European Union.

Riot police had to separate the groups and detained 11 people from both camps during the clashes between them.

The World Organization of the Scout Movement posted the image, by Vladimir Cicmanec, on its Facebook, saying Myslikova was joining others to express support for “diversity, peace and understanding.”
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39804471

"I wasn't afraid," Lucie told the BBC by telephone from her school.

"I went to the counter-demonstration as someone who was determined to change things. To me it makes sense to try and change the world around me," she went on.

"I think young people should get involved in such things. They should be aware of what's going on.

"You ask me if standing up to skinheads should be left to older people - well us, younger people, are going to be living here a lot longer than the older generation."

Lucie explained the argument with the unnamed man had been over refugees and migrants. She said she had told him that countries had a duty to help those fleeing war and conflict, and that in such cases borders did not exist.

He told her she would be raped by the very people she was trying to save.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words and it's so true.

You can see the girl standing up for tolerance and understanding while the neo nazi on the other hand. The complete opposite.

Not hard to stand up against them as they would get swamped if they'd attack her, both by anti-fascists and white knights.

10+ Year Old Account
    A young highschooler standing up to a hateful, intolerant mob is pretty impressive. It's why it has gone viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    A young highschooler standing up to a hateful, intolerant mob is pretty impressive. It's why it has gone viral.
    No, they'd be jumped and beaten to pulps if they would have touched her.

If he attacked her, he would have been the very thing he claims migrants are.
    Exactly what they don't want in the media.
    Not that it has stopped some before.

That would explain his response, but I think she was genuine.
    You can't predict how that could have gone for certain.
    And she took a risk for what she believes in.
    Good for her.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-04 at 09:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I'd challenge her to do the same thing, but to Antifa.

This is not how Czech girls usually become internet sensations.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Not hard to stand up against them as they would get swamped if they'd attack her, both by anti-fascists and white knights.
    Or by, you know, any decent person who thinks it's wrong for a grown man to physically attack a teenage girl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...ent-viral.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39804471

They say a picture is worth a thousand words and it's so true.

You can see the girl standing up for tolerance and understanding while the neo nazi on the other hand. The complete opposite.
    She wasn't afraid. Cause she knew men aren't allowed to hit women. The nazis would get raped by whiteknights. Also there are cameras there. Would be pretty stupid to hit her. So basically she acted like that cause she knew she could. There's nothing heroic or brave about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Or by, you know, any decent person who thinks it's wrong for a grown man to physically attack a teenage girl.
    So, white knights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Imagine hating women so much that you defend the fucking nazis.
    I don't hate women. I just tell it like it is, women get protected by men by their side in situations like these.

Deleted
    He's not defending nazis. Nice strawman and ad hominem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really understand why this is an 'internet sensation', whatever that means. Maybe among the intellectual dregs of society who are easily influenced by public gestures.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Standing up for tolerance"

That's an oxymoron.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    She wasn't afraid. Cause she knew men aren't allowed to hit women. The nazis would get raped by whiteknights. Also there are cameras there. Would be pretty stupid to hit her. So basically she acted like that cause she knew she could. There's nothing heroic or brave about that.
    M8 she's a teenage girl not a woman.

If she was a grown ass woman nobody there would have had an issue hitting her.

Deleted
    Jesus, it's like stupid is a disease on this forum.
    And another ad hominem. Nice argument man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    If she was a grown ass woman nobody there would have had an issue hitting her.
    In what world are you living?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Yet...just recently....

Of all the fist-fights, explosions and bloody brawls that broke out at Saturday’s so-called “Patriots Day” protest in downtown Berkeley, one moment stood out.

In a video posted to social media, a young woman — apparently protesting Pres. Trump — is seen being sucker-punched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for her. That's what we need in the States as well. People to stand up to these ANTIFA thugs George Soros is hiring.

[Infracted - posting conspiracy theories]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-05-05 at 06:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Good for her. That's what we need in the States as well. People to stand up to these ANTIFA thugs George Soros is hiring.
    lol wat

/10wats

10+ Year Old Account
    See that guy behind them? With that helmet and weapon? She was in no danger, and no one is defending nazis.

It was still brave of her, in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why is this a sensation? It's just a teenager at a rally.

Good on her for being engaged, but come on..