Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Healthcare is a right not a fucken entitlement.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly I live in one of those states..........
    Slavery ended with the 13th amendment. I know you Democrats are huge fans of slavery but let it go dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I would agree with you if it was actually the case that people who were never poor understood what it was like to be poor. But most of them clearly fucking don't.
    I lived off of canned beans, ramen, and the occasional egg in said ramen for 2 years. Largely due to high cost of living in MA mixed with local businesses who refuse to pay a living wage, or even hire on full time.

I'd love to see a politician who lived through even that, which is considered minor on the spectrum of poor hardships.

(I now work in medical billing, its a disgusting industry)
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump was right? I know, dogs and cats, living together, mass hysteria. But in this case, he's dead on.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Its almost beautiful that the people that voted for trump for his stance on things like healthcare are the ones most likely to be screwed. The GOP is literally doing everything they can to take a slight victory and turn it on its head. The democrats could literally trot out hillary in 2020 and crush trump with the biggest margin of victory in any election. Put someone like Sanders or Biden or anyone that people dont actively hate against trump and it will be hard for anyone but the most staunch conservative to vote for him. The GOP really did a good job of blowing a house and senate majority with a republican president. \

The irony here is that trump is growing to be such a historically bad president that once hes done destroying the country from the inside, it will be rebuilt by people who actually care and the country might actually be great again. Technically he wouldnt be lying if he was the catalyst that caused the country to be great again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love seeing the reactions from Senate Republicans. My favourite was the guy who said he wasn't even watching what the House was doing because it really didn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Quite a few people assumed this was going to be the case. The vote in the House was just there to pass literally anything.

(Also: Finding it a bit funny that two different posters post up the exact same article within seconds of eachother)
    I beat Genn by a minute according to the timestamps, so I win the internets, obviously >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Herrington View Post
    Slavery ended with the 13th amendment. I know you Democrats are huge fans of slavery but let it go dude.
    First off don't assume I am a Democrat or Rep it will just make you look like a ass.

Second what the fuck does any of that have to do with what I said.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I doubt you have a working knowledge of healtchare astute enough to make such observations.

People get sick. People get hurt. Sometimes people are sick and don't know it and "that cough" turns out to be symptoms of lung cancer.

And so when those people without healthcare go to hospitals to be treated for the illnesses and injuries they inevitably suffer, you know who pays the bill? Everyone else, anyway. So all you did was jack up the price for absolutely no reason. Your intent of "teaching them to go to the doctor only when they're really super and for truly sick" is one of the largest crocks of horseshit I've ever read.

You are absolutely fooling yourself if you think "things were just fine the way they were!" before Obamacare. Obamacare was an unsatisfactory solution because the republicans insisted upon gutting it because... well, they just don't like the idea of paying for people's health insurance, despite the fact that every other westernized country in the world does so.

- - - Updated - - -

And human beings survived without electricity and cars for hundreds of thousands of years. What's your damn point?

Yeah, they elected Obama twice, who ran on the notion of Obamacare.

Romney rejected it first, when he was on his campaign trail because he needed to axe the whole "universal healthcare angle" the other republican front runners at the time would knock him on. Obama stuck with it. You're basically backtracking here anyway.

Well that's not what the republicans are pushing.
    Actually I do. I've worked in healthcare the past 14 years of my life thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Actually I do. I've worked in healthcare the past 14 years of my life thanks.
    And I'm bill gates......

See its easy to say we are things that we are really not, when you are on the internet.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) wasted no time in immediately mobilizing the opposition that will be needed to kill Trumpcare in the US Senate.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/05/...ks-senate.html

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) wasted no time in immediately mobilizing the opposition that will be needed to kill Trumpcare in the US Senate.

Good.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    It's better to cull the herd from the weak than to let them drag everyone else down with them. Nature is metal like that.

[Infracted]
    you sound like a poser

I feel sorry for the red states which are going to be most affected as a whole by this.

Actually, who am I kidding? I am going to gloat and /popcorn over this for the next few years as long as this stays around. The misery of others is delicious.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

There is no way the present state of the house passed health bill will pass the Senate. Look for some changes in it before it goes for the vote. It could take weeks before that happens.

I'm actually very excited for this bill to be signed into law.
    #winning

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    I'm actually very excited for this bill to be signed into law.
    #winning
    Then allow me to happily be the one to break it to you that it died at the Senate.

Well here's another dose of historical hypocrisy by the GOP.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/696569...know-what-cost

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was House speaker in 2009, when Congress was working to pass the Affordable Care Act, and she has gotten endless amounts of grief after saying in March 2010 that "we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy." On Thursday, House Republicans are voting on their partial replacement for the Affordable Care Act, the American Health Care Act, without a Congressional Budget Office score, and it's not clear House members have had a chance to read through the bill, which was amended as late as Wednesday night.

Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.), who introduced that final amendment, said Wednesday night it would be nice to have a CBO score first. "I wish that we had it, alright?" he said, but there's no time to wait "because I don't expect it probably for a couple weeks."

In July 2009, House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) was a member of the House with his own health-care plan, and he went on MSNBC to criticize the speed at which the Democrats were moving to push ObamaCare through Congress. "Are Republicans being genuine in their complaint that this is moving too quickly?" asked Carlos Watson. "Well, yes, I don't think we should pass bills that we haven't read, that we don't know what they cost," Ryan said. "I don't think that's being effusive."

"We want to see health-care reform done, but we want to do it right," he said. "And if you rush this thing through before anybody even knows what it is, that isn't good democracy. That's not doing our work for our constituents. What's wrong with going home for August, having town hall meetings, listening to our constituents, and then coming back in September and doing this right?" Watson offered a counterargument, but Ryan doubled down: "You're right, we could work this thing through, but we shouldn't rush this thing through just to rush it through for some artificial deadline. Let's get this thing done right." Ryan has kindly and transparently kept this interview on his YouTube page.
    and yes, they didn't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    Charles Darwin used the phrase "struggle for existence." The phrase "survival of the fittest" doesn't even appear in The Origin of Species or The Descent of Man, nor in any other written work, formal or informal, by Darwin. It was, in fact, coined by Herbert Spencer and popularized by the eugenics movement.

And that's what the right-wing protestations against universal healthcare are all about; theyare a call for social engineering through the maintenance and expansion of human misery. The "weak" should "learn to be strong" or they should die, because any society in which the "weak" can thrive is a society that is not worth living in.

Occasionally a Republican backbencher in Congress, or some rando state legislator, will make the argument that programs like food stamps should be ended because "vermin breed when you feed them." Everyone with half a working soul is rightly horrified, the backbencher/local-yokel issues a fake apology ("I was taken out of context" or "I used a term I shouldn't have"), and the scene is repeated again sometime later. What people don't usually get is that this recklessly evil ideology is indistinguishable from the one espoused by Paul Ryan; he just uses fancy sounding words like "pathology" and "incentivize."
    Ya, hopefully this will be the painful death of the idea that an individual can be self sufficient in the modern world. In order to promote this hypothesis, they need to deny reality to the extent that they must ignore all effects collective society has on the health, education and survival of any individual within it.

If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. I don't think you'd find many people who argue with that statement, but as soon as you put it in a different context people get confused and start to argue. There is plenty of evidence that market forces continue to function well in a social democracy and will not devolve into a communist nightmare of shortages and poorly made products. The key is balance.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Then allow me to happily be the one to break it to you that it died at the Senate.
    Ohh. Who does your crystal ball say will be President in 2020?