Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this coming just by the extreme amount of high end guilds quitting. Legion is fun, but requires waaay too much grinding to be good, has way too much RNG on things that are crucial, and isn't alt friendly.

My guild is so lucky to still be going and it's basically only because other guilds have fallen apart on the server and others. Maybe wow is dying, maybe it's not, but mythic raiding sure as hell is dying. It's way too time-consuming and requires too much work for literally nothing. Any other game can be just as fun without the massive commitment (and I say that as someone who still wipes on m guldan all day lol)
    Last edited by Azarak; 2017-05-05 at 07:07 AM.

I think people are to salty, I for one like Legion and hated WoD, for me there is no comparison because the difference is to huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausingen View Post
    This could spell the end for WoW. I wonder if the next expansion will finally be the last 'proper' one.
    /Insert Jeff Goldblum gif here/

Wow is fine, and still enjoyable for some million players.
    The next xpac could be the last, could be not. I hope it's not.

What it surely will not be - is vanilla 2005 kind of a disaster, with 40m lagfest raids and 2 month wait time on a bench, to get to the raiding spot for MC, every one here keep having wet dreams about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    (and I say that as someone who still wipes on m guldan all day lol)
    What?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausingen View Post
    Shocked. A LOT of work went into Legion. This could spell the end for WoW. I wonder if the next expansion will finally be the last 'proper' one.
    I dont get what u mean, Wod 8 months in had lost 4 million ppl.
    Shouldent slightly better mean they got more ppl 8 monnths in to legion than wod had 8 months in?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    What?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/2950

Did I stutter?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Haha, if not that, what then? You can't play your class ... doesn't matter. Go into dumbass lottery or let the others do the world quests for you by joining a group and get epics/legys shoved up your ***.
    Why so salty? It's proven that MMO-Champ doesn't reflect the game's standard-players - hell, the MMO-Champion community is in fact pretty hardcore. So please don't take your skill level as an indicator for other people's gaming ability. WoW is NOT an easy game. I'm playing it since release and switching between characters takes a lot of effort (rotations, procs, gearing etc.), even for experiencend players. Then there is this crazy ass complex world with myriads of tasks and time sinks. I think the classic MMORPG isn't really appealing for today's audience anymore.

Overwatch, for example, so absurdly easy to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    Nub got busted.

Legion launched well out the gate. But they continue to do all these crazy things like ilvl scaling and grinds, etc that players HATE that drives them away anyways. as well as other gimmicks to try and keep players doing that same content over and over again. that content was good yes, but that doesn't mean we want to be forced to grind it FOREVER

The word performance is a bit vague. Being investors report though it is more likely in terms of revenue. If it means player activity then it counters claims of Legion doing worse than WoD from players are leaving comments already being posted.

The overall Blizzard playerbase leaves WoW very tiny even at its peak and even dwarfs Overwatch that is squashing WoW in player activity. WoW still brings in a lot of money though.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-05-05 at 07:30 AM.

LOL @ King's mobile gaming revenue. Blasting Activision-Blizzard out of the water!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Nub got busted.
    Since you can't be bothered to read 2 posts up
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/2950

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    I saw this coming just by the extreme amount of high end guilds quitting. Legion is fun, but requires waaay too much grinding to be good, has way too much RNG on things that are crucial, and isn't alt friendly.

My guild is so lucky to still be going and it's basically only because other guilds have fallen apart on the server and others. Maybe wow is dying, maybe it's not, but mythic raiding sure as hell is dying. It's way too time-consuming and requires too much work for literally nothing. Any other game can be just as fun without the massive commitment (and I say that as someone who still wipes on m guldan all day lol)
    So basically Legion is Classic wow only now people are so pandered they consider grinding to be detrimental to gameplay.
    Classic wow was ALL grind in every way.
    It wasn't alt friendly as alts took ages to level and even longer to gear. Remember 20 man UBRS for those last pieces of the set armor? Or hell, even the fire res cloaks and don't even get me started on amassing elemental resistance gear in 14 slot bags. There were no collection tabs so everything took up bagspace and alts had to get their own mounts. Those mythic guilds quitting just goes to show that people have gone soft.
    Last edited by mmocc215b80cce; 2017-05-05 at 07:31 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    = Failure.

What did you expect from wod 2.0?
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    ...and nothing about Diablo. How surprising...
    well it's not like Diablo has really done anything of note that would be mentioned on an Earnings call, Necromancer is still a ways off, and unlike HotS, Overwatch, and Hearthstone it doesn't really have any sort of microtransaction market to speak of

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by donmarker View Post
    So basically Legion is Classic wow only now people are so pandered they consider grinding to be detrimental to gameplay. Classic wow was ALL grind in every way. It wasn't alt friendly as alts took ages to level, even longer to gear, no mount tab, no shared achievs, nothing. People want classic wow but quit when faced with the same elements. Pathetic.
    People are blinded by nostalgia at times. Like many have said, MMOs just aren't really the type of game that people like nowadays. Nobody likes spending tons of time doing things that aren't fun for a game that's supposed to BE fun. It's much easier just to start a FPS or MOBA or even an single player RPG and instantly have fun with no commitment.
    Last edited by Azarak; 2017-05-05 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    What did you expect from wod 2.0?
    lol its not comparable to wod at all

Gotta love the formulation of the earning call putting a positive spin on everything ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by donmarker View Post
    So basically Legion is Classic wow
    It takes a really weird outlook at Legion to see any link with Classic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    Anyone say this coming, but the fact that it's better than WoD means that the game isn't dying anymore, and it's getting better. it wasn't dying in the first place but you get what I mean

Also, this is in terms of earnings. WoD had hardly any content and a massive content drought after 6.2, so Blizzard would have spent less money. I'd argue Legion is doing miles better than WoD because a lot of work has gone into Legion in the last few months, meaning they spent more, and is still earning more than WoD.
    7.2 brought the sub numbers crashing down. Fact

Me too! Absolute shocker!