Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Except, this game actually died, and had to be patched up.
    ok then GW2 and GW?

rewards should be linked with difficulty, which means no rewards from daily quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Hum, what you say it is true, but FFXIV meant the end of FFXI, and it seems it went well.
    Don't know much about Final Fantasy, but it seems XIV was a disaster initially before they rebooted it three years later. I also don't know how big XI was before XIV came out.

What i want? Hmm, developers that actually play WoW. That's all i want.

Subraces, such as Vrykul for humans (Want a Vrykul shaman)

For them to leave classes alone

Vehicles as a choice over mounts

Guild Airships/sea ships instead of guild housing

Leave mythic 5 mans and keystones the fuck alone. I love this system, don't get rid of it for 10mans.

ok then GW2 and GW?
    GW was hardly played or updated at that point as far as I know.

The point is that making a sequel to a MMO only works if the old one is more or less dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Don't know much about Final Fantasy, but it seems XIV was a disaster initially before they rebooted it three years later. I also don't know how big XI was before XIV came out.
    @Gehco says it was dead before XIV launched, i thought that was not the case but i am no FF online tittles expert.
    Yes the original XIV was a huge disaster.

Account wide everything.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Or maybe you are trying to make a point that you can't buy skill with gold, then I have no words for you.
    Ah there you go, you finally get it. Now you just need to realize your definition winning in wow is also flawed. You'll get there. Baby steps

Deleted
    GW was hardly played or updated at that point as far as I know.

The point is that making a sequel to a MMO only works if the old one is more or less dead.
    Normally yes, but i think it would also work if the old one is alive, but the new one is a huge success.

Maybe i am not the norm, but i think i would play both

I've cleared the current content without spamming M+
    I doubt that.
    And besides, the race was over long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Azen View Post
    Ah there you go, you finally get it. Now you just need to realize your definition winning in wow is also flawed. You'll get there. Baby steps
    And what is your definition of winning in wow? What would constitute a p2w model in WoW?

edit: Well, I see the biggest accomplishment of Blizzard was convincing people the game didn't become p2w.
    Every game requires even a tiny bit of skill, unless it's completely random, but in that case it couldn't be p2w because its, well, random.
    Every activity in every game can become competition, when players decide to check who can do it faster, better, or more efficiently.
    The reality is people play for rewards, and in WoW you can get all the rewards for $$$ instead of actual effort.
    Last edited by Rafoel; 2017-05-05 at 10:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I doubt that.
    And besides, the race was over long ago.
    I've cleared current content of selection of Mythic dungeons, the raid and awaiting next raid.

And besiddes, if we talk race, then people are the ones forcing themselves on a route.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Normally yes, but i think it would also work if the old one is alive, but the new one is a huge success.

Maybe i am not the norm, but i think i would play both
    I can't imagine a world where people would play both WoW and WoW 2, even if WoW dropped its subscription fee. Certainly only WoW 2 would be updated in any meaningful way.

10+ Year Old Account
    The original version is the main reason I just can't get in to the RR version. Even though given 'gifts' etc to return to their live version.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I've cleared current content of selection of Mythic dungeons, the raid and awaiting next raid.

And besiddes, if we talk race, then people are the ones forcing themselves on a route.
    Normal or HC raid does not really count. That was cleard the firs week.

undo about 90% of the class changes since WOD launched, at this point if they had any class design as good as any expansion before WOD I'd probably re-sub in a second.

Deleted
    I can't imagine a world where people would play both WoW and WoW 2, even if WoW dropped its subscription fee. Certainly only WoW 2 would be updated in any meaningful way.
    Sure, and i think i would spend a lot more time in wow2 than in wow1, but still i would visit the first one for nostalgia reasons.

Well of course, wow1 does not have a sub fee for me at the moment, i am doing enough gold this exp to pay the sub of the next ten years.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2017-05-05 at 10:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    - More account wide things, toys gating behind rep requirements while not needed with mounts for instance.
    - Ability to transmog fist weapons into other one handers would be awesome.
    - Less RnG.
    - Normalize world quest rewards.
    - More dynamic world, world quests are a nice touch but it's still pretty static. I like the GW2 example that someone brought up in this thread.
    - Bad luck protection for mount drops hahaha (just kidding here)
    - Account bank for materials, guess this is just a qol wish from me. Also something I have seen in GW2 and I think it is amazing. Maybe even add some currencies that are already BoA (Marks of Honor)
    - 5 man dungeon on par with the TBC dungeons, where a bit of planning was required instead of mindless zerging trough the dungeon.
    - Make legendary feel truly legendary. I have no idea how to achieve that but I do notice that orange is the new purple and purple is the new blue. If equipping legendaries was not locked behind a limit than I'm pretty sure that there would be a bunch of people walking around completely decked out in orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiburan View Post
    - Make legendary feel truly legendary. I have no idea how to achieve that but I do notice that orange is the new purple and purple is the new blue. If equipping legendaries was not locked behind a limit than I'm pretty sure that there would be a bunch of people walking around completely decked out in orange.
    Make legendaries even rarer, genius, that will go over well.