Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elemental vs Triliax

Hello all

I got huge strugle to do good DPS on Mythic Triliax since need to move due to mechanics... Any sugestion how to improve it? Here is link my char

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ljedete/simple

Ewen sometimes I put 1M on myth anomaly but minut later it fall to 580k... Very strange for me...

Deleted
    Hi there

Since you do not have logs uploaded for any Trilliax Wipes I can not help you much.

From looking at your character I would swap Totem Mastery for Flame Path.

The Opener for Trilliax is abit diffrent from other bosses. Id suggest you open with Stormkeeper ASAP. Doing that and you will get it back for the Annihilate phase and you can cast LB on the move.
    Always remember to cast CL instead of LB when the add is up.
    Using Flame Path and you wont need to waste a GCD to apply Flame shock on the add aswell.

If you are really struggling with Movement you can try the Ice fury Build and you have a shitton of Instant casts för the Annihilate phase.

Good luck

/Raindrool
    Twitch.tv/raindrool

Unfortunately someone removed WOL link from discord. I replace path of flame because I lack mastery around 7-8% and it is very hard to reach goal of 87%
    I played Icy fury build And I am not sure about how much it is good for Triliax u still need to cast Icefury and cast time is same with LB. This week I could not cast it often maybe one or two times and proc was awful. I know this is single fight but I am thinking of elemental fusion since it increase LB proc from FS. It is not to much but if it proc 2 times + my cast 1-2 times it will be ok for maniac phase. Also next raid I will need to check what other ppl doing since we struggle for the first time I think ppl didnt work much on mechanics so I run around to cover everything...

Dont run asc on that fight run LR, my secret is chain-lightning during scrubber phase because although scrubber damage doesn't count they trigger lightning rod damage which does count.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Dont run asc on that fight run LR, my secret is chain-lightning during scrubber phase because although scrubber damage doesn't count they trigger lightning rod damage which does count.
    Whatever you do, don't take this advice. Not only will any good guild / log analyzer look at this and see right through it and call you trash, but it's a terrible habit. I've had multiple 95Th percentiles + on Mythic Trilliax as ele with vritually all of my damage done to trilliax. Here's how you maximize it.

1- take ascendance, you will have 2 periods of 15 seconds that you can unload on without worry.
    Pop ascendance right at the start with your opener, if you get a pool under you, you can pretty much just soak it or move when you get a LvB proc. The second time you pop it will be right after annihilate phase. You have 10 seconds before first cake's start and you can let other range soak first round, or preposition yourself to have a cake land on you.

2- When the add spawns you should be specced into path of flame, so you dont have to re-apply FS to 2 targets. Chain lightning off of the add.

3- In middle phase do not hold stormkeeper for this unless it is coming up within 10-15 seconds. Example: Annihilation phase (beam phase) is coming in 10 seconds, storm keeper just came off CD, hold Storm Keeper for beam phase. ||| Ex 2.: Annihilation phase is coming in 17 seconds, storm keeper just came off CD, Do not hold stormkeeper use it asap. The fight is short enough that gaming a SK use for movement for more than roughly 10-15 seconds is going to be a net dps loss.

4- Cake soaking - Always position yourself infront of the boss and in the path your tank is moving him around the room, but be at max range. This allows you 2 things:
    1) when a cake spawns on the edge of the room, immediatly move towards the closest 1 and stay there. The cake will spawn, you will eat it and barely have to move for it. and 2) you will not have to move until annihilation phase because the boss will never be out of range.

5- Moving to soak explosions. Make sure you pre-position yourself near scrubbers so that when they blow up you dont have to move to them.

6- Maximizing annihilation phase- I *TRY* to have an Earthshock ready for going into annihilate phase, I open with the earthshock, immediatly lvb while hes charging the beam, and then move every lightning bolt/LvB or every other. If you have legendary shoulders these are solid on this fight as it allows you to get an extra instant cast dmg source during this phase.
    Last edited by Zazey; 2017-05-07 at 07:19 PM.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...867&dataset=90

Elemental is lowest by far on this fight for a reason.

Elemental is lowest on most of the bosses if taking Player Damage to Bosses for a reasons I am planning to swap main.
    Having ele helped on progression of 3 mythic bosses with cleaving aoe involved, but its simply bad when you can have a 15 ilvl less assa rogue|dh handling more ST damage than you
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazey View Post
    Whatever you do, don't take this advice. Not only will any good guild / log analyzer look at this and see right through it and call you trash, but it's a terrible habit.
    For context, top parse is 1,075,880 DPS as the typical Asc spec.

This is #6, at 961,498.

Lets get some things out of they way, no matter what way you slice it(hehehe) elemental is dreadful for this fight. Asc probably performs more consistently overall across the playerbase but there are different ways to do the fight and thats proven by the logs.

For context, top parse is 1,075,880 DPS as the typical Asc spec.

This is #6, at 961,498.

Lets get some things out of they way, no matter what way you slice it(hehehe) elemental is dreadful for this fight. Asc probably performs more consistently overall across the playerbase but there are different ways to do the fight and thats proven by the logs.
    The problem is cherry picking logs. You link one log of someone that has their guild kill the boss in 2.5 minutes. Of course their dps is going to be inflated, that's how it works when you have an entire raid team already pulling incredibly good numbers. You are telling someone progressing on a fight to use a talent setup used by an outlier, in a guild that absolutely shits on the fight. That's bad. You should be suggesting they go with the more consistently performing build (Ascendance), especially when they are progressing and their fight will last twice as long (increasing the amount that LR procs will fail them). The log you linked could have been DRASTICALLY lower if he hadn't had the luck to have a 78% uptime on LR.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmanmao View Post

Not constructive, no one cares. Plenty of things you can do on this fight as Ele to be above average and contribute to scoring a kill.

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmanmao View Post

Wow, I thought ele was bad but not THIS bad. This is flat out embarrassing. All I can say is good luck OP, and share this link to your raid leader so you don't get cut from the team.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Crysth View Post
    The problem is cherry picking logs. You link one log of someone that has their guild kill the boss in 2.5 minutes. Of course their dps is going to be inflated, that's how it works when you have an entire raid team already pulling incredibly good numbers. You are telling someone progressing on a fight to use a talent setup used by an outlier, in a guild that absolutely shits on the fight. That's bad. You should be suggesting they go with the more consistently performing build (Ascendance), especially when they are progressing and their fight will last twice as long (increasing the amount that LR procs will fail them). The log you linked could have been DRASTICALLY lower if he hadn't had the luck to have a 78% uptime on LR.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ilities.210689

There ya go, unfortunately I expect people to be able to use the search function themselves to show something that might be more applicable to their situation. As I said, people parse on it and play it but either way the spec is dreadful for this boss.

I never said people don't parse on it. I said you should be suggesting the more consistently performing setup, especially to someone progressing on the fight. I mean, you can see a few Icefury parses, why aren't you suggesting that? Because it isn't ideal, nor consistent enough.

My whole point had nothing to do with consistency, rather it was that what he's suggesting is "fake" dps. Your insane cleave damage to adds is 100% pointless damage. It doesn't help your guild progress since you're doing virtually no dmg to the boss, and if you ever were going to have some1 look at your logs for, say, guild recruitment, they would look at your "sick" trilliax parse and see that the majority of it was to adds that realistically you don't want to kill since they clean the room, and say that you're a bad player. When looking at logs for a fight, anything in the top 10-20 you can usually see heavy padding where it doesn't matter, good sources of solid damage are around the 94th-98th percentile.

If you truly want to help your guild progress, you play ascendance, since 80% of that fight is Single target, with the exception of the two adds. One of those adds spawns during annihilation phase which really limits your CL's anyway, so you would do more damage playing PoF and banking on LvB procs regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazey View Post
    My whole point had nothing to do with consistency, rather it was that what he's suggesting is "fake" dps. Your insane cleave damage to adds is 100% pointless damage. It doesn't help your guild progress since you're doing virtually no dmg to the boss, and if you ever were going to have some1 look at your logs for, say, guild recruitment, they would look at your "sick" trilliax parse and see that the majority of it was to adds that realistically you don't want to kill since they clean the room, and say that you're a bad player. When looking at logs for a fight, anything in the top 10-20 you can usually see heavy padding where it doesn't matter, good sources of solid damage are around the 94th-98th percentile.

If you truly want to help your guild progress, you play ascendance, since 80% of that fight is Single target, with the exception of the two adds. One of those adds spawns during annihilation phase which really limits your CL's anyway, so you would do more damage playing PoF and banking on LvB procs regardless.
    Actually, in the defense of the Lightning Rod logs he provided, the damage to scrubbers is automatically filtered out. It's not showing pad damage to inflate their logs, like Skorpyron does. So the damage you see those people doing is the actual damage done to the boss and Imprint. Sure, they may have cleaved off the boss onto scrubbers for extra LR damage onto boss (because wtf wouldn't you, if running LR?) but that's fine. That's maximizing the potential single target damage of the spec, so no one can fault them.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Not constructive, no one cares. Plenty of things you can do on this fight as Ele to be above average and contribute to scoring a kill.

- - - Updated - - -
    Wrong, no one cares. You contribute to killing mythic Trilliax as Elemental by volunteering for mechanic bitch duty. Soak 4 scrubbers (feast first 3 then CD the last). Purging the add, ect.

I never said people don't parse on it. I said you should be suggesting the more consistently performing setup, especially to someone progressing on the fight. I mean, you can see a few Icefury parses, why aren't you suggesting that? Because it isn't ideal, nor consistent enough.
    I've never played IF for it so I can't speak to it, all I said in my post is what I do on the fight.

I've never played IF for it so I can't speak to it, all I said in my post is what I do on the fight.
    I was just remarking that just because you see a severe minority of people playing a spec doesn't mean that its something you should suggest. You should look for consistency. Especially since, if they are learning a fight, they need everyone to perform as consistently as possible to ensure first kills, and early repeats.

I was just remarking that just because you see a severe minority of people playing a spec doesn't mean that its something you should suggest. You should look for consistency. Especially since, if they are learning a fight, they need everyone to perform as consistently as possible to ensure first kills, and early repeats.
    There are enough people playing LR on trill for it to be mentioned and its also pretty consistent, just because most people are playing asc doesn't mean it won't be useful for someone to see another side.