Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I'm not trying to be a dick here but, why would I watch this guy over someone like Asmongold, someone who at least has a good productive video.. I mean???

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I dunno why Preach gets so much flak. He does put forward some concerns and criticisms towards WoW, but overall, he has a very positive attitude about the game and you can genuinely tell he enjoys his time playing it.
    Az, on the other hand, I just want to break a keyboard over the stupid fat twat's head.
    When you start to put forth misinformation people tend to stop caring about your channel.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

7+ Year Old Account
    I dunno why Preach gets so much flak. He does put forward some concerns and criticisms towards WoW, but overall, he has a very positive attitude about the game and you can genuinely tell he enjoys his time playing it.
    Az, on the other hand, I just want to break a keyboard over the stupid fat twat's head.
    Preach lists facts. And if he feels a certain way about something, he objectively explains why he feels a certain way. His videos are all very informative.

Az is all about cashing in on negative publicity. His channel really took off during WOD. WOD was a terrible expansion, so listening to someone rip into it with profanity laden diatribe was entertaining. That's the only reason he got as popular as he did. Look through his videos. EVERY SINGLE ONE of them is him complaining about how terrible a game is with lots of profanity. I don't mind profanity of course (heck George Carlin is my favorite comedian ever)...but that's really all he does. Now he's not entirely WRONG, but he wants WOW to become a completely new game. And with a game as old as it is, that's probably not going to happen. I honestly think the developers have pretty much hit the limit of what they can do with the current engine. They aren't lying when they say they would like to do something but for technical reasons they can't.

I'm going to make an objective point here. When Tomb of Sargeras launches, Legion will have about the same amount of instance based content that WOTLK had, and MORE world content. What did WOTLK have at max level. Think about it. Daily quests for factions. Az is bitching about world quests being repetitive. What the hell were the Sons of Hodir dailies then? In WOTLK the only max level content out in the world was daily quests. The daily quests for the different factions, and the Argent Tournament. And guess what? They were the same thing every day. Legion world quests can get repetitive sure, but there is more variety than WOTLK, objectively. Instanced content is about the same (although WOTLK had more dungeons, a lot of them were very similar to each other whereas Legion's are all totally different). Legion has the addition of mythic/mythic+ dungeons which WOTLK didn't have, keeping dungeons relevant after raids come in.

With the exception of WOD (which was awful ONLY because Blizzard did not support it), the game hasn't gotten worse. What has happened...gaming has come a long way since WOTLK was new. It was 9 years ago. WOW hasn't really changed all that much (it can't, it's limited by its aging engine). People's expectations keep getting higher and higher with every expansion, and Blizzard is hitting the limit of what they can do without making an all new game. And they aren't going to do that, because MMO's are a genre in decline. The new generation (generalizing of course, there are exceptions but it's still a trend) doesn't have the attention span or patience for large, complex games. They want things that last 5 minutes that repeat over and over...hence the popularity of Overwatch (which incidentally makes me ill to even look at, I don't even consider it a complete game).
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-05-06 at 03:10 AM.

Oh joy. He just can't leave it alone now, can he?

I wonder if he realizes that Legion is being compared with WoD at the 6 month mark, in which it still had nearly 7M subs. Legion launched when WoW probably had like 5, so that means retention would be great so far.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

He's right though, the outdoor content is boring in WOW, and I honestly don't remember the last time it wasn't boring now that I think about it, but that's my own experience as a mythic raider, I play this game because I enjoy raiding with friends.

For me grinding stuff outside of raid to improve my raiding is chores.. because I don't find it fun to quest anymore, it's repetitive and has not changed at all in the 10 years I've played this game, and I usually level fast to clear that content ASAP to focus on raiding.

Another problem now is I don't even play my alts anymore because it's more interesting to get AP from normal mode on my main than running an alt when raiding off-night with my friends.

Plus let's be honest, the lack of danger in the outside world in WOW is getting really old.

But it's the nature of the game to repeat content,, so I don't think this will ever change sadly...but in WOD they did add pet battles, what new system they added since -then? I'm not an achievement whore, a mount or pet collector...

Then, I just leveled alts super fast using invasions, and I spent 1 hour on Broken Shore and that alt is ilvl 850+ and basically have no content left beside raiding, which again, I don't play to do that again on that toon because I do it already on too many difficulties.

I'm happy raiding is still great though, and I just don't care about the grinds anymore. But even mythic raiding you have to wonder if it's worth it now, I realized I only have 4 pieces of mythic raiding on me beside being 912 ilvl, rest is all from heroic or titanforged mythic+ stuff... and I'm on Gul'dan progression.

All we asked is less time between the last patch of an xpac and the new xpac...! that's all we asked.

Rofl @ this thread. You know you have no concept of critical thinking if your using arguments for why you play based on some random no name scrub who never did anything relevant except complain about the game talk about it after not playing it for years. What a joke.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Translation: EMERGENCY! DROP ALL THINGS YOU DO AND HEAR THE NEWWS! BLIZZ MAKE SLIGHTLY MORE MONEY THAN LAST EXPANSION! COME WITH ME TO HATE WITH ME! I HAVE TO PAY BILLS AND BUY MY CAT FOOD!

At the same moment on Preach channel: "Ok, Mythic+ will have some controversial changes, let's talk about pros and cons from raiders perspective and casual pug perspective."

... you see why one channel is dying, and other one is growing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    He's right though, the outdoor content is boring in WOW, and I honestly don't remember the last time it wasn't boring now that I think about it, but that's my own experience as a mythic raider, I play this game because I enjoy raiding with friends.

For me grinding stuff outside of raid to improve my raiding is chores.. because I don't find it fun to quest anymore, it's repetitive and has not changed at all in the 10 years I've played this game, and I usually level fast to clear that content ASAP to focus on raiding.

Another problem now is I don't even play my alts anymore because it's more interesting to get AP from normal mode on my main than running an alt when raiding off-night with my friends.

Plus let's be honest, the lack of danger in the outside world in WOW is getting really old.

But it's the nature of the game to repeat content,, so I don't think this will ever change sadly...but in WOD they did add pet battles, what new system they added since -then? I'm not an achievement whore, a mount or pet collector...

Then, I just leveled alts super fast using invasions, and I spent 1 hour on Broken Shore and that alt is ilvl 850+ and basically have no content left beside raiding, which again, I don't play to do that again on that toon because I do it already on too many difficulties.

I'm happy raiding is still great though, and I just don't care about the grinds anymore. But even mythic raiding you have to wonder if it's worth it now, I realized I only have 4 pieces of mythic raiding on me beside being 912 ilvl, rest is all from heroic or titanforged mythic+ stuff... and I'm on Gul'dan progression.

All we asked is less time between the last patch of an xpac and the new xpac...! that's all we asked.
    anytime anyone suggests that the world be made harder like vanilla so that wanted quests have more meaning to them for instance your playerbase complains because they dont want the game to be anything but WOD and then the other side the casuals complain that they wont have time to play the game because its too hard and they want to teleport to their WQ and have them insta complete
    Last edited by Coffeexbean; 2017-05-06 at 07:00 AM.

Look at the viewcounts of his WoW content and then at the videos that have no WoW content.....i wonder how many "1Week in WoW" events this guy is gonna do in the forseeable future so that atleast some people click on his videos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    so he left just after 7.1 released? 1 patch. So I'll ask again, what exactly did he expect to change in that time that would warrent coming back when all he did was shit on it for god knows how long?
    He didn't expect much. He just wanted to give it a try for a week to see if something would make him want to play again. It didn't and therefore he left again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the usual MMO-Champion poster to me, does he post here? :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-05-06 at 12:02 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

gotta milk that sweet wow $$$

that guy is pathetic but people watching his wow videos are beyond any help .

just ignore him and his videos

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Sounds like the usual MMO-Champion poster to me, does he post here? :P
    his little weak, drama-queen, over-dramatic heart couldnt take it.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Oh stfu yourself, God forbid there's people criticising the direction Blizzard are taking -- I never claimed RNG was new, I was commenting on how Blizz is injecting it into literally everything in Legion where it wasn't prior to it, such as the example I've given with reputation mounts.

But please, remain the blind Blizz fanboy who accepts everything like a sucker. I won't. I used to enjoy WoW since TBC, now I'm not - hell, I dare say I preferred WoD. If they adopt this crap into the next expansion I won't bother playing it. Can already imagine Blizz wanting to add more RNG in it in other core areas...
    Good job in entirely missing my point. The way you and other haters constantly behave on the forums drowns out negative constructive feedback and makes it that much less likely that it will be seen by Blizzard. How on earth does pointing that out make me a fanboy?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I wonder if he realizes that Legion is being compared with WoD at the 6 month mark, in which it still had nearly 7M subs. Legion launched when WoW probably had like 5, so that means retention would be great so far.
    You don't know the basis they are using for comparison. They very clearly have found a way to monetize a smaller group of people who will buy huge amounts of gold, which is from a business perspective great - not so much for players.

My roommate and I play 5 accounts together and we haven't paid a penny for Legion or sub fees or anything else, which means someone else has paid $20 for every $15 we would have spent. That's great for Blizzard and great for me since I wouldn't be playing if I had to pay, but it doesn't mean that what Blizzard said means that Legion is outperforming WoD in player retention or whether players like it. It means by some unnamed metric (money, time spent playing, how many battle pets are scribed per player, or what the fuck ever) Legion is "slightly" outperforming WoD. As I have said before, without a definition of what metric was used, the statement has no meaning and you cannot infer anything about how "slightly better" Legion is doing from a player perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    Im not a fan of this dude, but holy fuck the Blizz white knighting is strong here. Even if the put content into Cash Shop ppl here will still white knighting no matter the cost.
    It's MMO-Champion. What do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Good job in entirely missing my point. The way you and other haters constantly behave on the forums drowns out negative constructive feedback and makes it that much less likely that it will be seen by Blizzard. How on earth does pointing that out make me a fanboy?
    Oh I don't know... because you're so incredibly defensive over people daring to criticise the approach Blizzard are taking? Pretty much the signs of a fanboy.

Nonetheless, get it out of your fucking head that not everyone criticising is a "hater".
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-05-06 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I agree 100% with him.

WoW needs to return to WoW.
    WoW by definition is WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's MMO-Champion. What do you expect?
    MMO-Champion is more known for it's hate then it's defending of everything tbh.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi