Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

If you could only bring your Backpack to WoW 2

Say Blizzard announces a WoW 2, noting that nothing will carry over. Then, as a surprise homage, informs us we're allowed to bring our backpack with us.

You have 16 slots available to encapsulate your entire existence in Azeroth and beyond.

What do you bring with you, and why?

I'd go...

My mog set which can be trimmed to helm, shoulders, chest, gloves, belt, boots, artifact.

That's 7. 9 to go.

Then I'd bring my favorite Mounts (Invincible/S3 Netherdrake/Swift Spectral Tiger/Mimiron's Head/Ashes of A'lar) and my favorite pet (Spirit of Competition).

13. 3 to go. I've got a pit in my stomach thinking about this stupid hypothetical lol.

Then I'd take my first epic I ever got. A Glowing Brightwood Staff w/ a +22 Int enchant still on it. That thing was the best. I'll never forget how overjoyed I was to get it. That staff lasted me all the way through the late 50's and even through dungeons/ZG/Molten Core. I was wearing it on my first Ragnaros kill, and it even made a reappearance during Viscidus progression way later on! 14

Here's where I get highly frugal. Maybe too late, even. 15 would be my "still in wrapper" Golden Chest of the Elemental Triad. It was awarded for Challenge Mode Gold during MoP, and contains every piece to the Mage CM set. Don't ask why, but I kept it in the box and bought the mog from the vendor instead. Since it's one item, it counts.

Last spot. Now what? Another mount? Maybe something unobtainable to show my veteranship? Legendary items? There's so many of them.

I choose my Tabard of the Argent Dawn. 16. Another reminder of the halcyon era of my playtime, and what it represents is worth bringing to the new world.

10+ Year Old Account
    16 stacks of Delicious Chocolate Cake.

Because by the time WoW2 is released, games will be full VR and I want to eat some Delicious Chocolate Cake in VR.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

16 HD Swift Spectral Tigers.

/Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    16 stacks of Delicious Chocolate Cake.
    Bold choice ^^

If they make a WoW 2 and they don't bring over all of the tmog, mount, titles, and everything I've collected over the course of 12 years I will actively go to Blizzard's HQ and burn it down with nothing but a molotov.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    If they make a WoW 2 and they don't bring over all of the tmog, mount, titles, and everything I've collected over the course of 12 years I will actively go to Blizzard's HQ and burn it down with nothing but a molotov.
    Sigh. Just entertain the question :P When it all boils down, what 16 items are worth the most to you?

The Last Relic of Argus--- Because I don't care where I go, as long as its not where I am and if I can get there in 4 seconds sometimes.

OP just one question.

Is their hardcoding still that bad/stupid the WoW 2 bag will be 16 slots by default?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    OP just one question.

Is their hardcoding still that bad/stupid the WoW 2 bag will be 16 slots by default?
    Well, it's been the one true staple of WoW's entire history. WoW 2 would be nothing without it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    The Last Relic of Argus--- Because I don't care where I go, as long as its not where I am and if I can get there in 4 seconds sometimes.
    Interesting choice! I thought about toys, if any were truely worth bringing. This is a great one though. I did think about the Gnomish Gravity Well, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would bring both of the 50% xp PvP hierlooms, 2 of the 5% xp ring hierlooms, chest, cloak, helm, pants, and shoulder hierlooms, the Void Tentacle hierloom, and a weapon hierloom.
    Also the hierloom mount.

The remaining 4 slots? Dalaran Hearthstone (Many portals), Last Relic of Argus (Many teleports), Evershifting Mirror (Even MORE teleports), and mah Meatball follower (To pwn all the things). No problems getting around then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    tabard of the argent dawn, don't need anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I would bring both of the 50% xp PvP hierlooms, 2 of the 5% xp ring hierlooms, chest, cloak, helm, pants, and shoulder hierlooms, the Void Tentacle hierloom, and a weapon hierloom.
    Also the hierloom mount.

The remaining 4 slots? Dalaran Hearthstone (Many portals), Last Relic of Argus (Many teleports), Evershifting Mirror (Even MORE teleports), and mah Meatball follower (To pwn all the things). No problems getting around then.

You'd be planning on leveling lots of alts, I see. Not sure about the follower though, since it's not an item that would go in a bag. What would you swap with that one?

Deleted
    Lord Walden's Top Hat

Fox Mount

All of my Whelplings

(can I bring Dog?)

Have to include 4x30 slot bags

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Have to include 4x30 slot bags
    Bags can't be put inside the Backpack if they have any items in it. Nice try though!

Could bring an Onyxian Scale Backpack though, for the feels.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Bags can't be put inside the Backpack if they have any items in it. Nice try though!
    No - just the bags... not wanting to run out of bag space in WoW2

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Nothing, I'd stop playing both WoW and Wow2, if they did a WoW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    Lord Walden's Top Hat

Fox Mount

All of my Whelplings

(can I bring Dog?)
    Lol the Whelplings. Isn't there more than 16 though? Who gets the cut?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    Nothing, I'd stop playing both WoW and Wow2, if they did a WoW2.
    Just a thought experiment. Care to give it a try?

Arcanite Reaper - That thing was expensive when it first came out.
    The Lobotomizer - SO many AV's to be played.

"Sentimental value", you know.
    My Ele Shaman PvP YouTube channel: https://goo.gl/s0u6Hn

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Ginger View Post
    Arcanite Reaper - That thing was expensive when it first came out.
    The Lobotomizer - SO many AV's to be played.

"Sentimental value", you know.
    No doubt. Both legendary items in their own rights. Reaper was a rite of passage. And pointy, hazy black swirls near a Rogue's fists meant impending doom back then, coming from a clothie.