Page 1 of 2
LastLast

started tanking..

just wanna say it's really fun. what are some tips you more seasoned tanks have for specific m+ dungeons? like tricks of the trade :P

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedz View Post
    just wanna say it's really fun. what are some tips you more seasoned tanks have for specific m+ dungeons? like tricks of the trade :P

thanks.
    Spam thrash. Get thrash relics. Get thrash legendaries. Get extra thrash point in weapon and pawsitive new gold trait then spam thrash more.

On a more realistic note, learn which mechanics are magical and use ursol (it's going away in 7.2.5). Then keep up iron fur. Use RotS and barkskin on big pulls for extra damage and leech. Otherwise it's fairly straight forward.

Signature Created by Jassinta

https://mythicpl.us/routes/ is a good starting resource for dungeon specifics. Don't think any bear specific advice except thrash hard and always keep up iron fur for Anti-mitigation checks. Even if a spell does magic damage, it'll fail the AM check if only use ursol.

For bears:
    Farm MoS, HoV and ARC for BIS Thrash relics.
    Spam Thrash.
    Rage of the Sleeper Leech is amazing, use it in you case you need it.
    Keep Iron Fur up and Mark of Ursol for magic damage.
    I like to take Incarnation as it lets you spam Thrash a lot more and you can do some really crazy pulls with it and survive/kill them with no problem.
    Understand what your talents do. I usually take Balance Affinity for extra range on Thrash but in some very specific cases I would take Resto Affinity to help with heals between pulls (bursting/grievous affix) or when you have a not-so-well-equipped healer.

For tanks in general:
    Learn mechanics. There are a lot of stuff you can avoid and/or interrupt like Carry Swarm from the dreadlord before Melandrus in CoS and the Cone AOE from mobs in NL.
    Learn what you should interrupt and be smart about it. If you are running Arcway and there's not a lot of cc in your group you shouldn't care to interrupt those arcane elementals aoe and save your interrupt for their Reconstruction spell.
    Understand your limits. I know I can pull everything up to the warden in VoW in a higher lvl mythic+ if I have my cds and not have any problems surviving it but I can't pull both groups together after the first door with every mitigation on cooldown.

TLDR: Buff your Thrash damage. Spam Thrash. Do hundreds of dungeons and get used to mechanics.

Welcome to tanking

I don't recommend using balance affinity outside of raid. Thrash pulls through walls and with luffa has retarded range.
    Bis for dungeons is luffas/belt, and get your mythics in before this disgusting change.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelivabru View Post
    If you are running Arcway and there's not a lot of cc in your group you shouldn't care to interrupt those arcane elementals aoe and save your interrupt for their Reconstruction spell.
    This is pure stupidity, on fort the AoE does 3/4s of everyone's health, it needs to be interrupted.

10+ Year Old Account

thanks.
    bear tanking? Really fun? REALLY?

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Spam thrash. Get thrash relics. Get thrash legendaries. Get extra thrash point in weapon and pawsitive new gold trait then spam thrash more.
    Pretty much this. I macro thrash to my spacebar and I hippity hop everywhere. /shrug I'm an asshole... but did you die?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Different strokes for different folks?

On topic: Yes, thrash is godly for your damage output -- put anything and everything you can into it and watch your dps soar into the stratosphere on big pulls.
    Do note that, like Soulwell said, your Pawsitive Outlook thrashes (but not Thrash itself) can pull through walls, ceilings, and floors, as can Barkskin (with brambles). Useful in some situations, really risky in others.

With balance affinity take advantage of the huge range on thrash together with the slow of it. A lot of the time you can pull big packs and as long as you keep running around the pack in circles you take a lot less damage while still maintaining almost full damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    im playing with galactic gaurdian and the shoulders from balance. it's fun as hell to me, lol

also i refuse to use MoU as it's going away in 7.2.5, so to get used to that it's not on my bars at all.

tanked an 11 coen as my highest one so far, been tankin 3 days hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    I don't recommend using balance affinity outside of raid. Thrash pulls through walls and with luffa has retarded range.
    Bis for dungeons is luffas/belt, and get your mythics in before this disgusting change.
    Thrash doesn't pull through walls that break LOS.

Guess I'm just used to the extra range on everything with Balance Affinity and it's not like you really need any specific affinity for M+s. I do suggest you take Resto Affinity for Bursting/Grievous tho as it will really help your healer.

This is pure stupidity, on fort the AoE does 3/4s of everyone's health, it needs to be interrupted.
    That's why I said to "be smart about it".
    If your group is sitting at 100% and you don't have a lot of available cc's/interrupts I'd still rather save mine for the reconstruction and just let the aoe for someone else - if you're running with a premade group it will usually get cut anyways and even if it isn't it's unlikely to kill someone. Also consider we have 3 cuts for that, 4 if you're a tauren, so being in a scenario like this (when you have only 1 available interrupt and everybody else's on cooldown) is extremely rare.
    Last edited by Unbelivabru; 2017-05-06 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Thrash doesn't pull through walls that break LOS.
    Thrashthrash does. Happens to me in court all the time.

Thrashthrash does. Happens to me in court all the time.
    Report that, it shouldn't.

How is it fun? (Honestly interested)

I played a Bear Tank (not this "Guardian" nonsense... but Feral, as it used to be) during WoTLK and Cata, and I just don't find him enjoyable anymore for some reason. :-/
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

different strokes for different folks
    i dropped MoU from my bar entirely and just play the way its supposed to be played in 7.2.5 and i'm havin alotta fun avging around 600k~ in dungeons with trash pulls goin over a million

what's not fun about that? :P

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Report that, it shouldn't.
    Eh

different strokes for different folks
    i dropped MoU from my bar entirely and just play the way its supposed to be played in 7.2.5 and i'm havin alotta fun avging around 600k~ in dungeons with trash pulls goin over a million

what's not fun about that? :P
    Do also spam maul in preparation?

Deleted
    I'd recommend using this Frenzied Regen weakaura: https://wago.io/NkogH0_D-

Wish I had started using it earlier as it tells you when FR will heal for a lot.

Eh

Do also spam maul in preparation?
    nah i dont mess with it, hits like a wet noodle and it's off the gcd.

i do use it in pvp however

nah i dont mess with it, hits like a wet noodle and it's off the gcd.

i do use it in pvp however
    With 7.2.5 it'll be a lot better supposedly.

Signature Created by Jassinta