Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Upgrading Legendaries in 7.2.5

Based on current rate of acquiring legendaries (approx. 3-5 days based on completing all content) it will take longer to upgrade all my legendaries than it would to acquire them at 970 once patch hits. GG Blizzard, solid plan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukenshin View Post
    Based on current rate of acquiring legendaries (approx. 3-5 days based on completing all content) it will take longer to upgrade all my legendaries than it would to acquire them at 970 once patch hits. GG Blizzard, solid plan.
    Well the value of the upgrades rapidly diminishes after the first 2 upgrades...

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Well the value of the upgrades rapidly diminishes after the first 2 upgrades...
    And if we look at nighthold, it only takes one reset to upgrade one legendary, that's just as much as you'd need in 7.2 to get a new one if you are lucky.

I agree with Klatar.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should jsut up all the existing legs automatically on login and spend the freed time on PROPER CONTENT.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I agree it sucks, but it's probably the right play. It's just the stats that change, so it's really not that serious. You'll have your main two done before you are well into mythic, likely.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

3-5 days per legendary, do you mean actually getting them or upgrading them because it definitely isn't the first one?

OT: It won't really matter considering you'll probably only want to upgrade 2-3 early on, the rest don't really matter and will just be something you do over time because there's no reason not to.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-05-05 at 02:28 PM.

Hopefully it's more than 1 legendary a week. Upgrading 12 or more is going to be no fun (and take half of the Tomb tier)

All content is 5-10 days based completing all content and then your luck from then on. 3 days is just severe luck.

What's the problem with this?

As was pointed out here and elsewhere the first few will have the most impact - 2-3 for your mainspec, maybe 2-4 more for utility and another two for a secondary spec you may get to play often.
    But there are people that have allotted 17+ legendaries at this point - me included - a minority now, sure, but there will be more people like this once the argus raid is here and probably another ilvl increase in gear and legendaries.
    If the quest works the same as the last one repeating the quest every say 5 days for 3 months will be just tedious and after one month there is no reasoning for it either that I could see as the quest is likely there to bring up the player power gradually as opposed to suddenly to the current raid niveau. Once the first month passes the quest has in my eyes ceased to have any function other than being annoying.
    There should be a solution for this - maybe rising droprates [~very similiar in rate to how artifact knowledges operates and acts on artifact power] of the quest items as the weeks pass and an overspill protection so you don't lose any if you happen to be in the raid that provides them and cannot go to dalaran midraid.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2017-05-06 at 09:02 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's annoying and it's only in the game as a pacing mechanism. If you only ever use one spec and two legendaries in every situation it's not even a thing. If you swap them around on different encounters or change to a different spec because it's stronger on a particular fight, well, it's really annoying and prevents you from being optimal for a few extra weeks. I just wish they would all be bumped up, but they aren't going to do it because if offers a 'sense' of progression at the start of a new tier, which is strange because the raid content is new anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    really annoying and prevents you from being optimal for a few extra weeks
    I don't see the problem. Current legendaries are still 940 so you'd have to titanforged pretty high to get a drop that is better. You might not be "optimal" right away but that's to be expected when a new raid opens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    All content is 5-10 days based completing all content and then your luck from then on. 3 days is just severe luck.
    3days isnt that lucky if netherdisruptor is up while you get command center rewards actually.

Oh the horror of the bleeding edge raider. Injustices at every turn. Every day a seemingly insurmountable challenge from Big Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fleks View Post
    3days isnt that lucky if netherdisruptor is up while you get command center rewards actually.
    So.... not on average then if it requires 2 buildings to be up which on EU barely overlap as we didn't get free extra buildings timed together like US did.

Surely to even suggest 10 legendaries a month is the average is insane. Does that not sound insane? Even the lucky people in my guild doing all content each week average around 7 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Fleks View Post
    It's still lucky :P Because the command center rewards don't always help anything to do with blp. Only 1 or 2 of them does, so not only do you need them to cross over, but you need the right command center buff.

Portals are an amazing source of extra legionfall supplies, boring as fk to farm, but great source none the less. Pretty sure there's a daily cap on how many you can farm though, last time it was up I was hard farming, then suddenly I couldn't click portals, or loot the mobs after a few hours. Relogged, reloaded, everything, but couldn't get anymore.

So I came back on after daily reset, and it was all fixed, I could loot again.

So it is limitted as far as I can tell.

What I'd prefer to see is they increase the quest a bit (maybe 2-3x as long), but they make it increase ALL of your legendaries.

Additionally, new legendaries would not be at the higher item level until you finished the quest, either.

Where did you pull that number out of? I play 4 different 110's, do my daily WQ's for the chests, do the Broken Shore dailies and I sure as fuck don't acquire legendaries every 3-5 days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Where did you pull that number out of? I play 4 different 110's, do my daily WQ's for the chests, do the Broken Shore dailies and I sure as fuck don't acquire legendaries every 3-5 days.
    A guildie of mine gets one every 7 days or so, by doing all Lfr, normal, hc, emissarys, broken shore and mythic raiding + some mythic+. While daily content are great, weekly content gives a lot of blp too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    How many raid bosses are you killing each week? 3-5 days is an exaggeration, but I've seen most people get one every 7 days or so if they are farming all the raids on all difficulties. Even if you ignore LFR, the you can get up to 60 boss kills from normal, heroic and mythic Emerald Nightmare, Trials of Valor and Nighthold. Boss kills seem to be one of the best ways to get legendaries.