Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    lol @ people who think it's russia just like trump.

thanks for the free entertainment
    Yeah no way its Russia i mean 2 candidates, 1 of them is pro Russia, want to stop all sanctions against Russia, have gotten a shitload of "donation" from a Russia owned bank and the other one wants sanctions against Russia to continue and quess who got hacked of those 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Debates are just as much about appearing competent and knowledgeable as they are about the actual answers. When one party gets the questions and can prepare and the other doesn't, you can't make an accurate assessment about their relative debate performance.

What you are describing is more of a take home test rather than actually hearing what each debater has to say based on what they already know, not based on what their team prepared for them. Hillary relied on a team to come up with her answers and when she gave off the cuff answers (we were dead broke when left the white house) they were awful.

Not sure what the purpose of listening to a debate when under your scenario we could just read the answers they publish and not bother watching.

Nice way to try to excuse the bad behavior of your candidate though!
    That is what made Clinton boring and robotic. You could tell all her answers were preprerared. Her answers were too choreographed. You could also tell she had marketing analyst do their homework too. So she could answer questions correctly to fit the demographics to the target audience that ask the questions. All too fake if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Nothing to worry about, except random idiots inventing and finding things that aren't there. We went through this shit tons of times on this very forum. Person A goes 'look at this damning email!', and people either realize that person A doesn't understand the email, or they fall for it.

When there's a legion of people who have a bone to pick with you and who have nonexistent analytical skills yet happen to think their Sherlock Holmes, then you have a lot to worry about even if you did nothing wrong. Because lies are much easier to spread than they are to debunk.

- - - Updated - - -

Which apparently doesn't count for shit, because the dude that eventually won managed to appear incompetent and ignorant in every single debate, including the primary debates.

And besides, it's not like we can pass this off as a side effect of 'not being prepared' or something. Because even now he's still describing things with such brilliant terms as 'and other things, like lots of... things are done, including some bad things.' Truly, a man who knows what he's doing.
    Plenty of people on this forum spreading untruths. What are you trying to say?
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-05-07 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Plenty of people on this forum spreading untruths. What are you trying to say?
    That people spreading untruths wreck the notion that if you've done nothing wrong then you don't have to worry. The secondary, not so subtle implication, is that I'm suggesting your side are the ones who were doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

That people spreading untruths wreck the notion that if you've done nothing wrong then you don't have to worry. The secondary, not so subtle implication, is that I'm suggesting your side are the ones who were doing it.
    What side is my side exactly? And what makes you think that?

That is what made Clinton boring and robotic. You could tell all her answers were preprerared. Her answers were too choreographed. You could also tell she had marketing analyst do their homework too. So she could answer questions correctly to fit the demographics to the target audience that ask the questions. All too fake if you ask me.
    You're kidding yourself if you think Trump's team didn't do the exact same thing. His discourse was precisely targeted at specific voters and he told them what they wanted to hear; it's not your fault if shit happens, I'll bring back your jobs, I'll protect you from spooky strangers. Trump saw an opportunity with this vote and jumped on it. His outrage at America's current situation is as fake as his outrage at Obama's birth. This is the guy who spent his entire life moving up the social ladder in New York and regularly played golf with America's proverbial nobility, Clintons included. He doesn't give a flying fuck about people in the Midwest losing their jobs unless he gets them to vote for him.

Yeah, he may say it in layman's terms and not have as prepared a speech as Clinton, but the behind the scenes machinations are the exact same; target a demographic and slam the message at them until it passes. Le Pen does the same shit. These people don't get close to power because the stars aligned that day; they know what they need to do to win and act on that relentlessly.

That's why I cannot see this type of candidates as ''the anti-establishment'' or ''those who say it like it is''. They aren't rabble-rousers spontaneously conjuring up a crowd. Their messages are as carefully calculated as the conventional politician's, sometimes even moreso. Le Pen is especially guilty of this, she purged the party of its more far-right loons (her dad included) so she could better control the message and pass the FN as a more serious political party.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Which leads to another question: What's the point? Why now, instead of earlier when it could've been damageable?
    Because it's unlikely there is anything that could be damageable. Releasing it one day before the election leaves plenty of time to insert fakes with no time to debunk it.

That's obviously a move against Macron, though it won't be effective. Most people have laughed at this attempt as they did the previous one, when 4chan came up with an obvious forgery alleging Macron had a hidden bank account in the Bahamas.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Debates are just as much about appearing competent and knowledgeable as they are about the actual answers. When one party gets the questions and can prepare and the other doesn't, you can't make an accurate assessment about their relative debate performance.

What you are describing is more of a take home test rather than actually hearing what each debater has to say based on what they already know, not based on what their team prepared for them. Hillary relied on a team to come up with her answers and when she gave off the cuff answers (we were dead broke when left the white house) they were awful.

Not sure what the purpose of listening to a debate when under your scenario we could just read the answers they publish and not bother watching.

Nice way to try to excuse the bad behavior of your candidate though!
    Thing is, while of course that was inappropriate for Brazile to do, its impact was insignificant:

“19 states and the District of Columbia have banned the death penalty. 31 states, including Ohio, still have the death penalty. According to the National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty, since 1973, 156 people have been on death row and later set free. Since 1976, 1,414 people have been executed in the U.S. That’s 11% of Americans who were sentenced to die, but later exonerated and freed. Should Ohio and the 30 other states join the current list and abolish the death penalty?”

In the CNN presidential town hall — which took place the next day, March 13 — Clinton was asked a question on the death penalty.

That question, however, was differently worded.
    http://nypost.com/2016/10/12/emails-...ore-town-hall/

So basically she was given a heads up she might be asked a question about the death penalty. Hillary Clinton has been in politics for decades, I rate the chances of her being unprepared for that question about as likely as Donald Trump displaying humility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    As the Reuters article mentions, they just entered a blackout period where they aren't able to campaign anymore. I would hazard a guess that this means he's not allowed to get out in front of this to try and soften the blow (if there's anything potentially negative or that could be construed as negative) as that could be taken as him campaigning.

Yes, it also means that Le Pen can't do the same, but she doesn't have to. Political commentators and members of the media could hammer him for it for her (again, if there's anything potentially damaging or that is able to be spun negatively). So that could be why it is being leaked now (if it is legit).
    Since Reuters broke the story and cite a statement by the Macron campaign I wouldn't be quite as quick to call this fake news.
    The media wouldn't be able to comment on it either, the blakout applies to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    It's always about jobs and not the other petty stuff politicians like to talk about to appeal to fringe groups.
    In reality who you vote for has very little impact on "jobs". It's just another rabble rousing talking point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You're kidding yourself if you think Trump's team didn't do the exact same thing. His discourse was precisely targeted at specific voters and he told them what they wanted to hear; it's not your fault if shit happens, I'll bring back your jobs, I'll protect you from spooky strangers. Trump saw an opportunity with this vote and jumped on it. His outrage at America's current situation is as fake as his outrage at Obama's birth. This is the guy who spent his entire life moving up the social ladder in New York and regularly played golf with America's proverbial nobility, Clintons included. He doesn't give a flying fuck about people in the Midwest losing their jobs unless he gets them to vote for him.

Yeah, he may say it in layman's terms and not have as prepared a speech as Clinton, but the behind the scenes machinations are the exact same; target a demographic and slam the message at them until it passes. Le Pen does the same shit. These people don't get close to power because the stars aligned that day; they know what they need to do to win and act on that relentlessly.

That's why I cannot see this type of candidates as ''the anti-establishment'' or ''those who say it like it is''. They aren't rabble-rousers spontaneously conjuring up a crowd. Their messages are as carefully calculated as the conventional politician's, sometimes even moreso. Le Pen is especially guilty of this, she purged the party of its more far-right loons (her dad included) so she could better control the message and pass the FN as a more serious political party.
    If you are speaking of marketing to the demographics. I am sure both the RNC and the DNC spent millions on marketing firms.
    I just remember Hillary having a county accent in the south but didn't have one when she was in New York the next day. And eating fried chicken in New Orleans to appease her voter base.
    I am quite positive all the candidates did the same or something similar. That just happens to be the one example that I saw.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-05-07 at 06:15 AM.

What side is my side exactly? And what makes you think that?
    Conservatives on this board. And because all of the nonsense that people were 'finding' in the emails came from them.

And just to preempt: nobody is going to buy it if you claim that you're an independent or something.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Conservatives on this board. And because all of the nonsense that people were 'finding' in the emails came from them.

And just to preempt: nobody is going to buy it if you claim that you're an independent or something.
    Are you saying independents don't exist? Or are of the ilk that if someone isn't on your side they must be on the "other side"? As the adage goes "if you aren't with us, you are against us". Do you really think that is how the world works? Just black and white? X and O? 0 & 1 ?
    There is more to it than simply two choices my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edorien View Post
    The media wouldn't be able to comment on it either, the blakout applies to them as well.
    I still don't get this government issued blackout. People just accept this as fact and not government suppression of their free press.

Are you saying independents don't exist? Or are of the ilk that if someone isn't on your side they must be on the "other side"? As the adage goes "if you aren't with us, you are against us". Do you really think that is how the world works? Just black and white? X and O? 0 & 1 ?
    Independents do exist, but if you probably aren't one if you spend all day praising right wing politicians and blaming everything on liberal SJW beta cucks. There's no use claiming to be something if everything you say on this board indicates otherwise, you're not fooling anyone. If you really are an independent, what left wing policies do you support, and what are the problematic aspects of modern right wing movements that stand out the most to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Independents do exist, but if you probably aren't one if you spend all day praising right wing politicians and blaming everything on liberal SJW beta cucks. There's no use claiming to be something if everything you say on this board indicates otherwise, you're not fooling anyone. If you really are an independent, what left wing policies do you support, and what are the problematic aspects of modern right wing movements that stand out the most to you?
    If I do these things you claim then you should be able to find some of my quotes of me doing it shouldn't you?
    I challenge you to find quotes of me "spending all praising right wing politicians and blaming SJW cucks"(your words, not mine). Since I supposedly do this, you should be able to find plenty, right? If not, then you should stop making claims you can't back up my friend. We will be waiting on these quotes.
    Have a wonderful evening.

If neither did has done anything wrong, then they have nothing to worry about. We know what happened with Hillary and DNC.
    But see, that's the point of releasing Macron's emails right before the election. He likely did nothing wrong, but he has a lot to worry about because there just isn't time for people to fact check anything. Rumors and misinformation can be particularly damaging when there just isn't time to clear his name.

If there was something wrong the emails would have been released earlier to let it stew in the public mind a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Of course, that's why Russia encourages fringe right groups.
    Various groups within Russia encourage whoever favours Russia for any reason, right left or center.

And provide narrative for those disillusioned with their own country that Russia supports whatever it is they support and their own "elites" don't.

So Russian "influence" grows when more people get fed up with their own elites, their plans and actions. And Western elites certainly provide lots of fuel for this fire.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-05-07 at 07:37 AM.

No, I'm just making the observation that someone who virtually always sides with conservatives on this board is not an independent in any practical sense. And that I've seen that flimsy defense enough times that it's gotten boring.

They exist, definitely. But I'm sorry to tell you that hardline R voters, you know, the sort that wouldn't vote non-R even if their lives depended on it, are not those independents. That's not what the word means, at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I still don't get this government issued blackout. People just accept this as fact and not government suppression of their free press.
    Because it's not seen as the government "suppressing" our free press, it's the government saying campaign should halt one day before the vote. Plenty of time has been dedicated to talk about issues, one day to let people pause & reflect is generally welcomed.

If I do these things you claim then you should be able to find some of my quotes of me doing it shouldn't you?
    I challenge you to find quotes of me "spending all praising right wing politicians and blaming SJW cucks"(your words, not mine). Since I supposedly do this, you should be able to find plenty, right? If not, then you should stop making claims you can't back up my friend. We will be waiting on these quotes.
    Have a wonderful evening.
    Yeah I'm not going to waste my time doing that when the evidence is plain as day for anyone to see. Besides, your defensiveness is revealing here, are you trying to imply that my accusing you of being a doctrinaire conservative is an insult? Because on that point, we do agree, and if you would like to become an actual independent voter and post your own thoughts rather than regurgitating right wing propaganda, everyone on this board would be happy to see that.