Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    But kebabs are delicious.
    Putin khuliyo

How do you ban a food item? That's fucking ridiculous.

Reading all the dumb laws passed in Italy has made me rethink visiting the country. I've always wanted to retrace some of my heritage in Southern Italy, but fuck it, I guess I'll just have to stick to Jamaica and the British Isles.

Did somebody say "remove kebab"?

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post

Reading all the dumb laws passed in Italy has made me rethink visiting the country. I've always wanted to retrace some of my heritage in Southern Italy, but fuck it, I guess I'll just have to stick to Jamaica and the British Isles.
    They have always been nuts. This is nothing new.
    It adds to the charm, you know.

It really is a lovely place to visit though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are just excuses. I don't know why they would remove them, but that's so ridiculous I'd call that fake news.

Deleted

Yes That's what's happening. They're banning a food item. There's going to be food police enforcing it too. Seriously, you better stick to outside Europe. I heard it's dangerous, don't bother coming.

They didn't, the title is misleading. They banned the construction of additional kebab stores, there's already plenty of them there and they won't be shut down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilara View Post
    They didn't, the title is misleading. They banned the construction of additional kebab stores, there's already plenty of them there and they won't be shut down.
    Which is totally understandable considering Venice is limited in size and can't really build inside the city. Venice needs to promote respectful tourism. This is one step forward towards that goal I guess.

Deleted
    A city which is visited by tourists for its tradition limiting modern fast-food style shops - shock? no.

Good. This Tourist traps needed to be closed. Last time i was in Rome i wasted 20€ till i found a Burger King, the Fast-Food they sold there was just disgusting and overpriced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Good. This Tourist traps needed to be closed. Last time i was in Rome i wasted 20€ till i found a Burger King, the Fast-Food they sold there was just disgusting and overpriced.
    That's probably cause you had no idea where to go. In rome, city centre even, 20 euro would nearly get you a full meal. Avoid touristic traps.

Italians should play more on Twisting Nether EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Anti fast food, not anti Muslim. They're even banning pizza
    motherfuckers went too far now.

i don't see the point in banning food. ban the horrible practices of religions, not food.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, did some digging, and I don't see the issue here. It's not anti-Muslim legislation like the OP seems to think (and OP's objectivity is pretty heavily in question since OP seems to be a bit of a mook), they're just trying to slow the rapid growth of the fast-food industry in Venice (a city heavily reliant on tourism for its economy and mostly visited for its' 'classic Italy' atmosphere, piss scented and all) and kebabs happen to be the big name in that industry in Venice. It also mentions that extant kebab shops will be allowed to continue business as usual, so it's not like tourists and locals will find themselves pressed for munchies on a stick anytime soon.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    motherfuckers went too far now.

i don't see the point in banning food. ban the horrible practices of religions, not food.
    this is just about preserving the culture of the city, they want tourists who go there to experience venice and traditional food and stuff, not have the place filled with kebab places and mcdonalds.

Not sure if this is a good move or not, but it doesn't seem to be really targeting any specific cultures or religions, just fast food and non-traditional places.

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    That's probably cause you had no idea where to go. In rome, city centre even, 20 euro would nearly get you a full meal. Avoid touristic traps.
    Nah first thing i went was a resturant and they brought me a cold pizza and then wanted a 4€ Tip from me... and even the cold pizza wasnt rly good.
    A few days later i tryed the small Pizza/Kebab shops and fuck i never had a more aweful fastfood in my life.
    The meat was like fat and gristle only...
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2017-05-07 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Nah first thing i went was a resturant and they brought me a cold pizza and then wanted a 4€ Tip from me... and even the cold pizza wasnt rly good.
    A few days later i tryed the small Pizza/Kebab shops and fuck i never had a more aweful fastfood in my life.
    That's what I'm saying though. In Rome you need to know where to go or you'll end up in a touristic trap. Even if it looks restaurant-y.

If you want to eat decent döner kebab you have to go to germany anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kebab getting removed? Good riddance.

Vertical rotisserie ones are just a germ breeding ground.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    That's what I'm saying though. In Rome you need to know where to go or you'll end up in a touristic trap. Even if it looks restaurant-y.
    I know the basics tourist traps but you cant always pic the right one that dont want to rip you off, check if locals eat there, check the prices first and look at the food first of other customers but when you are on vacation and drunk alot, you just want to eat something.
    Also it was new to me that Italian food can be that bad after spending month of vacation in all diffrent places in Nothern-Italy.