Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    If he gets impeached it does not mean a new election. It means his vice president takes over. You will get Mike Pense as president.
    No it doesn't.

If he gets impeached, Pence does not become President.
    If he gets impeached, he goes to trial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

This is probably obvious but the number one role that Trump has in this country is providing source material for media and brand companies, and what is America if not a media/brand nation. Something that could legit get him impeached would be suppressed and dismissed.

The other side of this is that there has been a persisting, endless conversation about impeachment of our presidents for over 50 years if not more. It's tied into literally every political discussion after you get past foreign policy. Was Obama at high risk for impeachment? because Trump has about the same chance as he did to be charged/bumped off.

Let's just hope democrats at the upper end are focused on the next election, their ability to speak to people, and encouraging competent individuals to join in their meetings, rather than only attacking the current president trying to prove a useless point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seeing the continuous display of a basic mis-understanding of impeachment is almost as painful as people thinking Obamacare is different than the ACA. Are these people also active voters? I shudder at the thought.

Kinda interesting to see the downfall of america happen right before you.
    it's just amusing that it's blamed on Trump, while the people opposing him don't see they are the cause.

once you wanna topple a legally elected leader just cause you don't like him (not even because you disagree with him), it's gonna start being the norm.
    and i don't think there's an easy way to come back from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    it's just amusing that it's blamed on Trump, while the people opposing him don't see they are the cause.

once you wanna topple a legally elected leader just cause you don't like him (not even because you disagree with him), it's gonna start being the norm.
    You must have missed all the people wanting to impeach Obama and he didn't even have an FBI investigation going on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You must have missed all the people wanting to impeach Obama and he didn't even have an FBI investigation going on him.
    oh i definitely didn't.
    At that time i thought exactly the same about them, i thought they were ridiculous and dangerous.
    But i also think they were a lot less people than the anti-trump are right now.

but i could be wrong.
    in the end, we mostly hear the loudest ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post

I would not say that. Is Trump disliked? Yes. But that does not mean that people wanting him gone do so just out of spite and not disagreement. As for me, I would really like to be able to like the guy. But it is his policy that makes it so hard for me, from immigration to the Supreme Court, environmental protection, online privacy, trade and the un-affordable health care act.
    Oh, and his lying, oh god, his lying makes it so hard, especially when he complains about fake media all the time.
    So yeah, I dislike him and I disagree with him - and I think a lot of his critics would say the same. Though calling for impeachment is kind of pointless there, which is why I am not. Impeachment by itself, even if it got him removed from office, would change little with regards to policies. Those are mostly Republican brainchildren, so changing one R to another R would do little.

As much as I detest SJW, I think all the women's/sjw/blm protest marches are one of the biggest things that makes America great... You can literally take a megaphone and go almost anywhere you want and denounce the democrats/republics/house of representatives/senators/TRUMP/Your own governors as fascists/communists pigs/etc with little to no consequence (And yeah I know this is far from unique in these days). But yeah the chance of impeaching Trump seems pretty slim for a few reasons.. 1. Do you think trump/his team are that dumb to leave him vulnerable to that sort of exposure? I mean I prefer Trump over Clinton, but even I would believe some shady Russia stuff happened... but Trump will have all sorts of deniability. 2. Outside of the whole Russia thing he hasn't come close to doing anything like lying under oath etc. 3. Republican congress... obviously... if there is a smoking gun they will throw him to the wolves but look at Clinton's impeachment... the vote was largely along party lines... and he still managed to skate by with a republican senate.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

Will never happen. Acceptance is the first step to healing.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    Bill Clinton 100% did get impeached.
    inb4 you don't know what impeached means.

OT: Trump may or not be impeached, but that's not the important question. The important question is do we WANT him removed from office? Because while fundamentally we want him removed from office, the fact that Pence becomes President if that happens is the reality. You can't separate the two things; Trump removed and Pence becoming President.

While the former would be great, the latter is the worst possible thing for the country.
    I do not think you understand the context of my post. I'm looking at it from the view of being officially removed from office aka the end of the vote in impeachment trial. The rest of the process I don't know because A. my education did not revolve on the specifics of impeachment I did take us gov just not that focused intensive.

Have they ever impeached a sitting President? Nixon resigned before they could bring charges. Clinton had charges brought but didn't get impeached. So the answer is Never. They aren't going to impeach a sitting President.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

They will not impeach him unless congress and the senate change to a democrat majority. The only reason they opposed trump was because they didn't think he could get elected. They know trump will pass all the horrible legislature that they want passed. Why would they want to impeach him?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Have they ever impeached a sitting President? Nixon resigned before they could bring charges. Clinton had charges brought but didn't get impeached. So the answer is Never. They aren't going to impeach a sitting President.
    Don[t put it past the modern GOP. They're already having private meetings about what to do about the Trump problem and his "mental state" and impeachment is apparently a regular discussion in those meetings.

If the Dems mount a strong defense in the mid terms while also taking GOP seats, the GOP will flip on Trump so fucking fast it will give people whiplash to avoid even worse defeats in 2020. Trump provides them a scapegoat, Pence taking the reins is still an establishment guy, and if Fox and friends flip on Trump, they can easily swap the majority of Republican voters to dump Trump and get on the Pence wagon.

Basically, Trump is already something being talked about as a problem that may need removal. He also provides them the perfect scapegoat for their shit plans and lets them play up the "saving America!" card for 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

"Impeachment" and "Removal from office" are two different things. One follows the other. The House impeaches, but the Senate removes from office...(That's how it went with Clinton)
    Clinton was impeached (House nailed him there), but never removed from office (Senate acquitted).

For Trump...I'm nearly certain we're looking at treason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    They will not impeach him unless congress and the senate change to a democrat majority. The only reason they opposed trump was because they didn't think he could get elected. They know trump will pass all the horrible legislature that they want passed. Why would they want to impeach him?
    Because Pence will pass that same legislature while not having all the additional baggage. Trump and Pence will both go down with the Russian scandal but flipping on Trump lets them install Pence, deflect blame onto Trump, and try to avoid taking heavy losses in congress to the impending blue wave.

The mid terms are going to be the deciding factor. The Russian investigation may take awhile and doesn't even need to be the think taking down Trump. There's a mountain of shit like violations of the emoluments clause, state department and federal agency social media advertising Trump and family's products, his string of unconstitutional EOs, and his mental health that would all qualify for impeachment. It's just a matter of pulling the trigger on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    He didn't put his assets in a blind trust. So any money he receives from foreigners is a violation of the emoluments clause which pretty much says that no elected official can receive money from foreigners (it's not really any foreigner, but anyone that has or had any relation to a foreign state, which actually applies to people like Flynn as well, but also any foreign embassy, or people like princes, or people connected to foreign governments, like say, a business partner of duerte, who he receives royalties from). The dems can't push it forward because they don't have the votes and the GOP doesn't care.

This can apply to trump in a variety of ways, not only foreign embassies using his hotels, and royalties on his brand, but also the trademarks he received from china.

Edit: He could have completely avoided this if he'd actually put his assets in a blind trust, but he didn't. He put them into a trust that his family controls.

Continuing edit: There's a good chance ivanka is also violating the constitution since she now holds a job in the WH, see also kushner, and basically everyone in the WH that hasn't put their assets in a blind trust (which is almost his entire cabinet).
    There are some restrictions which apply to other elected officials, but not the President or Vice President. And Kennedy appointed his brother as the US DA and it did not violate the Constitution. Just some thoughts and I could be wrong of course. And I do know they seem to ignore some laws, as some states have on illegal immigration and weed laws. :P

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I doubt it will happen because Pence is worse in many ways. It's better just grit your teeth and hope the next election has more participation.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    There are some restrictions which apply to other elected officials, but not the President or Vice President. And Kennedy appointed his brother as the US DA and it did not violate the Constitution. Just some thoughts and I could be wrong of course. And I do know they seem to ignore some laws, as some states have on illegal immigration and weed laws. :P
    So, states rights are bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I doubt it will happen because Pence is worse in many ways. It's better just grit your teeth and hope the next election has more participation.
    *nods*
    Maybe true...but, if it's proven that he has zero ties to Russia, then he shines up as a better option. (Yeah, I know how that sounds, but options are shitty as usual)

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    So, states rights are bad?
    Of course not. But any Federal Law trumps ( no pun intended. ) any State law. It is suppose to work that way at least. But the past DA's have ignored the law.