Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Less than 60% have Pathfinder Part 1, and less than 50% PF2

Of players ACTIVE IN THE LAST MONTH... Less than 60% have Pathfinder Part 1, and less than 50% PF2.

That doesn't even include the many who have simply stopped playing before the past month.

Why do you think that is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lazy people?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I was wondering the same. From WQs, and considering the mmo-champion poll, I also would have said it's rather 90%+.

Imho it either means this is the casual audience Blizzard always talks about, the majority of players that just logs on once or twice a week.
    Or bot accounts make such a great part of the playerbase.

Deleted
    Now I wonder how many of these 50% who got it just got it because they can. And how many are actually those super annoying and loudly yelling doomsayers who keep prating that the game is absolutely unplayable and everybody will quit if there is no flying.

Because if 50% don't even bother to pick it up when it's there and very likely not everyone in the other 50% thinks it's an absolute neccessity (I myself picked it up because I just happened to have P1 done through normal play, not because I absolutely must have flying) then something doesn't seem to quite add up here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Lazy people?
    No. I don't have either because I just don't give a fuck about flying. I still do emissary quests, raid with my guild (we got heroic Gul'dan down last night, whoo) work on alts. Just flying has never been something I've cared about. Different strokes for different folks, which is what Blizzard is so good at: catering to a wide base.

IMO that's a lot of people who rerolled at some point and because of how insanely fucking bad suramar is they just never went back with their new main cuz doing it once on the first toon is already torture enough.

Now they dont wan't to go back to their old main to get the rest done, so they start over on their new main, and it's going slowly because it's simply NOT FUN.

Also the main point of flying is to do WQ faster and get to M+ faster. 2 pretty bad incentive to get flying because WQ are also boring as fuck, and most people just masturbate in their class hall waiting to get summoned to every M+ or raids.

Personally I don't have part 2 done yet because I haven't been as active recently due to exams coming up. Similar situations might account for some others.

- - - Updated - - -

Also wouldn't be surprised if a lot that don't have part 1 are PvPers who don't want to do a ton of PvE to access something in the overworld that they're not that bothered about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I decided I wasn't going to do a bunch of content I don't like. Even if i want to fly.

Because way too much of it is time gated and purposefully strung out.

Fuck.That.
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

"A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!"

Because a lot of people just don't care about flying.

Maybe they just don't care about flying? Same thing happened in WoD, plenty of people never bothered obtaining the Pathfinder achievement and as such they stayed grounded for the entire expansion.

One might not get that idea looking on these forums and all the idiots thinking their game sessions are so important that they can "gimp" themselves, but most players are quite capable of choosing how they want to play, and if they don't feel that they need or want to fly, they'll just not pursue it.

Flying is an integral part of this game and has been for the huge majority of its lifetime, even making it unique to other MMORPG's for a long time. The compromise means that those whom want to fly, can. Those that don't want to, can opt out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Flying is obsolete and unnecessary for my game.
    Fixed that for you
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Flying is obsolete and unnecessary for the game.
    Says you. My time spent in-game has improved by 315% since I could finally free myself from the chains of the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Fixed that for you
    Was just about to say!

The real test will be when all the gated quests in broken shore are out. I can see more getting it passively that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Maybe they just don't care about flying? Same thing happened in WoD, plenty of people never bothered obtaining the Pathfinder achievement and as such they stayed grounded for the entire expansion.

One might not get that idea looking on these forums and all the idiots thinking their game sessions are so important that they can "gimp" themselves, but most players are quite capable of choosing how they want to play, and if they don't feel that they need or want to fly, they'll just not pursue it.

Flying is an integral part of this game and has been for the huge majority of its lifetime, even making it unique to other MMORPG's for a long time. The compromise means that those whom want to fly, can. Those that don't want to, can opt out of it.
    All people I know found the grind in WoD was too much, and in Legion, they don't even bother to come back. So that's my anecdotic evidence. The pack of straws that broke the camel's back.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If flying gave players something new to do, that ratio would probably be different.
    All it does is make the same activities faster, which is a value up for debate.

Deleted
    Too much effort... just pick me up

I got them because I need herbs, otherwise I wouldn't bother either.

Deleted
    I'm far from Part 1 and even much further from Part 2. I want to get the Raven though.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    All people I know found the grind in WoD was too much, and in Legion, they don't even bother to come back. So that's my anecdotic evidence. The pack of straws that broke the camel's back.
    Anecdotal evidence is nice. Everyone I know whom care about flying, got flying in WoD and in Legion.

"Grind" is debatable, more like "effort" and that effort is not worthy of being called a grind.