Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    He was fired, Obama warned Trump, Trump ignored the warning, hired him to a high security position with no vetting, fired Sally Yates when she warned Trump, and then when the evidence was finally overwhelming Flynn was fired. Now they blame Obama again for their fuckup (shocker).

What are the Vegas odds for Trump never admitting he made a mistake in the next 4 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    So I have two questions.

1. If Obama knew Flynn was a sketchy character, why didn't he revoke his security clearance when he had the opportunity?

2. After being warned by Obama, Yates, and Clapper, why did Trump decide to name Flynn his National Security Adviser?
    What bothers me about this situation is these two questions are getting linked together when in reality they are two entirely separate issues.

Yes, we should find out why the security clearance for someone who was under investigation and has some serious questions about his status was renewed.

However, regardless of the above Trump still hired someone who was apparently not vetted at all even AFTER being warned and then continued to keep them in their position after being presented evidence of bring compromised.

These are not related and Trump and his supporters attempt to absolve Trump and his administration of any blame in this by deflecting to the security clearance is laughably stupid and, more importantly, excusing national security violations of a rather significant degree.

You all DO realize it's possible for both sides to make mistakes? And that one mistake doesn't excuse the other?
    Last edited by Lenonis; 2017-05-08 at 06:36 PM.

So I have two questions.

1. If Obama knew Flynn was a sketchy character, why didn't he revoke his security clearance when he had the opportunity?

2. After being warned by Obama, Yates, and Clapper, why did Trump decide to name Flynn his National Security Adviser?
    EASY
    1. It's NOT Obama's fucking JOB to revoke his security clearance. I'd bet $10k, Obama had NO FUCKING CLUE Flynn still had his clearance. This lie does work with Trump's idiot base who can't think for themselves though and think Obama was overseer of everything that happened in government when he was president though.

2. Trump is a fucking moron who learns everything about being president from Fox News and Right-Wing media. The real question and blame should be "Why didn't Sean Hannity or Judge Napolitano warn him?" "Why would they let Trump do something so stupid?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    What are the Vegas odds for Trump never admitting he made a mistake in the next 4 years?
    Did you see his apology for the "grab them by the pussy" comments? Go find it.

Trump is mentally incapable of admitting he was wrong, regardless of what he does or how red-handed (triple pun) he's caught. It's a common trait among sociopaths.

So I have two questions.

Good Question

Easy, because Trump is going to do the opposite of whatever Obama tells him.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    I blame Bush!
    Daddy or W, or maybe Jeb?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    I'd bet $10k, Obama had NO FUCKING CLUE Flynn still had his clearance.
    Well, hold on. Obama probably knew because...he didn't strip it. Flynn wasn't fired for talking to the Russians. He did that after he was fired. He was fired for being horrible at his role as DIA, and for clashing with other people at the top in terms of aggressiveness (he wanted to be far more aggressive in the MIddle East). Based on what we've seen so far, being horrible at your job + wanting to start a war in the Middle East are positive traits when working for Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by p0werslav3 View Post
    Jeb! is a simple guac bowl merchant. He did nothing wrong

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    He was fired, Obama warned Trump, Trump ignored the warning, hired him to a high security position with no vetting, fired Sally Yates when she warned Trump, and then when the evidence was finally overwhelming Flynn was fired. Now they blame Obama again for their fuckup (shocker).

Sally Yates wasn't fired for warning Trump about Flynn...she was fired for failing to defend an Executive Order on immigration. You guys and you're fucking alternate reality make you like like ______________ (fill in the blank).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by p0werslav3 View Post
    All of them! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Sally Yates wasn't fired for warning Trump about Flynn...she was fired for failing to defend an Executive Order on immigration.
    First of all, there's no reason it couldn't have been both. The Flynn warning could have put her on the watchlist.

Second of all, she refused to defend an E.O, which went to court, was blocked, was re-written specifically to get past the blockage, and was blocked again. That's how unConstitutional it was. Yates was 100% right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sally Yates wasn't fired for warning Trump about Flynn...she was fired for failing to defend an Executive Order on immigration. You guys and you're fucking alternate reality make you like like ______________ (fill in the blank).
    He didn't say she was fired for it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Spicer also confirmed it, just in case anyone tries the "ANONYMOOSE SOURCES YE RITE" angle.
    Are you mimicking the left with your spelling because that's the way they sound and spell nowadays.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yet Obama did nothing to revoke his security . .Hmmm

Like...Trumpeteers who refuse to acknowledge that the only reason Flynn was fired was because he was caught lying and there was a public element to it involving the Vice President. Not because of any the things he actually seems to have done in regards to Russia.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    First of all, there's no reason it couldn't have been both. The Flynn warning could have put her on the watchlist.

Second of all, she refused to defend an E.O, which went to court, was blocked, was re-written specifically to get past the blockage, and was blocked again. That's how unConstitutional it was. Yates was 100% right.
    Do you have anything credible that says Yates was fired for warning Trump about Flynn? Anything. Or are you just making up shit to suit a highly dishonest narrative?

Sally Yates wasn't fired for warning Trump about Flynn...she was fired for failing to defend an Executive Order on immigration. You guys and you're fucking alternate facts make you like like ______________ (fill in the blank).

- - - Updated - - -
    What alternate facts? It's expressly against her job description to violate the law of the land and the constitution. In fact both of those are infinitely more important than blind subservience to your god king. If a cop tell me to beat someone with a bat I don't have to beat them just because an officer of the law told me to do it because it is an unlawful order and I certainly don't have to wait for a court to tell me its okay to ignore that order. She did her job and Trump fired her for it, although he never explicitly stated that's why.

She was fired because Trump wrote something blatantly against the law after drafting it while excluding people who would've explicitly told him that and then ordered them to enforce an unlawful order and ultimately evidence points to her being someone willing to tell that giant man child things he didn't want to hear. And if we know one thing about Trump is there's nothing he hates more than facts, especially facts that disagree with him. He was well with in his rights to fire her because he can fire her for any reason he feels like but in terms of who was the appropriate actor here? It defiantly wasn't Trump.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2017-05-08 at 06:50 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have anything credible that says Yates was fired for warning Trump about Flynn? Anything. Or are you just making up shit to suit a highly dishonest narrative?
    Do you have anything credible to say the person you responded to said she was fired for it?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

- - - Updated - - -

All of them! lol

She was fired shortly after she warned trump, yes the immigration order was the straw that broke the camel's back, but the point was she warned trump, he did nothing to look into Flynn and he fired her shortly after she warned him

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have anything credible that says Yates was fired for warning Trump about Flynn?
    I have as much as you have when you say she wasn't. Bear in mind, all you have is Trump's word. That's like, reverse evidence. So I'm fairly sure I can say "we'll never know" on that one.

Also, isn't she testifying right now? We might yet find out!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    What alternate facts? It's expressly against her job description to violate the law of the land and the constitution. In fact both of those are infinitely more important than blind subservience to your god king. If a cop tell me to beat someone with a bat I don't have to beat them just because an officer of the law told me to do it because it is an unlawful order and I certainly don't have to wait for a court to tell me its okay to ignore that order. She did her job and Trump fired her for it, although he never explicitly stated that's why.

She was fired because Trump wrote something blatantly against the law after drafting it while excluding people who would've explicitly told him that and then ordered them to enforce an unlawful order and ultimately evidence points to her being someone willing to tell that giant man child things he didn't want to hear. And if we know one thing about Trump is there's nothing he hates more than facts, especially facts that disagree with him. He was well with in her rights to fire her because he can fire her for any reason he feels like but in terms of who was the appropriate actor here? It defiantly wasn't Trump.
    Did you not understand my post? Or did you find the context baffling?