Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 7.2 Hotfixes - May 8, Tweets, Poll, Heroes of the Storm - D.Va Spotlight

5 Interesting Lore Facts for the Diablo Necromancer

The 100th Tavern Brawl is this Week! Here's What to Expect

Patch 7.2 Hotfixes - May 8
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Classes

Dungeons and Raids
    • Fixed a bug that caused some loot chests, on the Guild Master loot setting, to only distribute gold to the player who looted the chest.
    • Quaking should no longer apply to players while they are on the boat at the beginning of the Court of Stars, nor after Mythic Keystone dungeons have been completed.
    • Cathedral of Eternal Night
      • Helblaze Felbringers’ Devastating Swipe now deals 60% less damage on all difficulties.
      • Agronox
        • Reduced Agronox’s health by 25% on all difficulties.
        • Succulent Lashers’ Succulent Secretion now initially explodes for 80% less damage on all difficulties.
        • Succulent Lashers’ Succulent Secretion’s periodic damage reduced by 50% on all difficulties.
        • The health of Fulminating Lashers has been reduced by 30% on all difficulties, to match other Fulminating Lashers in the dungeon.
        • The damage done by Choking Vines has been reduced by 50% on all difficulties, to match other Choking Vines in the dungeon.
      • Domatrax
        • Reduced Domatrax’s melee damage by 50% on all difficulties.

Events
    • Fixed a bug preventing the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza from operating as expected.

Player versus Player

The adjustments below will take effect with this weeks’ maintenance in each region.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvP
    What is the new PvP scaling cap? I am currently at 918 Item levels and I still keep getting more stats as my ilvl increases. Thanks
    Buff from item level still 0.1% stats for every 1 item level over 800. But the base template is now tuned to item level 900 (up from 850). (holinka)

Professions
    Since 7.2 I've gotten one mining 3 star. Still have multiple at one star.
    3-star gathering items and questgivers are still appearing. They’re quite rare! Their drop rates may increase a bit in a future patch.(WarcraftDevs)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Re: warforged/titanforged. Why knowing exact date, when you will finish your gear - is bad thing? Some players, including me, pick content according to amount of effort, needed to finish it. Potentially endless grind - is thing, that drives me away from certain content. This is the reason, why I play Wow and don’t play Diablo.
    Your arguments are largely from the point of view of a player, which makes sense. But there are at least a couple of reasons why it could be bad for a developer.

There are so many great games out this March, that I don’t know how I will play them all. I almost need reasons to be able to call one done and put it down so I can move on to another one. But if I put a game down, there is a chance I may not go back to it. I stopped playing Final Fantasy XV near the end, and if you know anything about the end, you may have predict that I may never pick the game up again. I’m a churned FFXV player. I keep meaning to go back to WoW and Diablo and Dark Souls 3, but I haven’t yet.

If you finish a tier in WoW, maybe you’ll go back when a new tier comes out. But maybe you’ll be heavily engrossed in another game. Maybe you’ll have adjusted to a new gaming schedule. Maybe your raid will have already replaced you. There is inertia to keep not playing once you start not playing. This isn’t a WoW-specific issue. It can happen with almost any game.

The subscription model complicates this for a couple of reasons. First, if you take a break for a month or two, you aren’t paying for a month or two. (And if you churn, you may never pay for a month again.) There is also the value proposition from your point of view, that if you’re paying for a month, you want content that lasts for a whole month.

When I was working on WoW, it was always with the expectation that players were always hungry for more content. I was as relieved as anyone when my guild finished a raid tier and didn’t have the long hours and tense fights for a time, but I often still wanted stuff to do in WoW.

If I ever worked on another MMO (and I almost certainly won’t) I think I would investigate a business model that is more like the standard box and expansions. When a new tier comes out (or maybe even a dungeon or class?), you purchase that tier, but then you don’t pay by the month. I think that’s more conducive with the way I like to play games, where sometimes a new game comes out and I want to drop everything and play it, or I want to take a break even from a game I love.

That was a long answer already, but I also still think it’s important for random dropped loot in WoW or any game that has it to feel exciting. When the loot starts to be too predictable, it can feel good in the short term to have more control over its acquisition, but in the long run the game can just feel more like a treadmill and the exciting moments of opening the mystery gift box just don’t land any longer. (Source)

Poll - Heroes of the Storm
    With the release of Heroes 2.0 are you playing Heroes of the Storm?

D.Va Spotlight – Heroes of the Storm
    D.Va is heading to Heroes of the Storm soon!

Last edited by chaud; 2017-05-09 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hang on, does this mean the Fishing tournament is back in action on Sundays? That would certainly be interesting. I kinda figured they might be doing away with it. Glad that a great piece of WoW past is being kept.

Glad they fixed the bugged Warlock glyph for the pet no Warlock actually uses, while Glyph of Wrathguard just continues to remain unfixed.

So GC admits that wf/tf loot is a devious plan to keep milking the playerbase out of fear if they ever dare step away from the treadmill and take a break they will never come back and Blizz will lose sub money.

And the last line talking about excitement of opening mystery boxes I think people saw where it went with legendaries... When it's 99% disappointment, frustration and rage and 1% relief "I finally got it" then something design wise went wrong.

But I see loot crates is the new fad of gaming industry, just after DLCs and cash shops, now you buy stuff from cash shop... with a twist, it's random! You can't even buy what you want, you just get random pieces of crap. Horrible turn of events. If I want to buy a hero skin in a game I should be able to do so and not keep throwing hard earned cash at the shop in hopes at some point I'm gonna pull this skin out or get enough "compensation currency" acquired at pitiful rate to be finally able to unlock it.

Isn't the "99% disappointment, frustration and rage and 1% relief" baked into the game already though? I mean, I'm still waiting for the Onyxia mount to drop, and Invincible, and the Time-lost protodrake. etc. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AnTwan View Post
    Isn't the "99% disappointment, frustration and rage and 1% relief" baked into the game already though? I mean, I'm still waiting for the Onyxia mount to drop, and Invincible, and the Time-lost protodrake. etc. etc. etc.
    I would argue that vanity items like mounts are in an entirely different category than character progression/power like wf/tf gear drops. Look at how the legendaries turned out. For many people, it was, "Thank god I got it so I don't have to worry anymore."

That's not a good feeling. It doesn't encourage me to play.
    Carnation, 90 Blood Elf Priest <Knights of Sterling> / Vek'nilash-US

I don't think WF and TF were ever meant to encourage you to grind for them. I don't they they are designed to make you say "damnit, not everything I am wearing is warforged, back to shooting for that same piece of loot again!" I think they are designed to feel extra rad when they proc and you get a 875 piece in a Heroic 5 man. They are a carrot to get tyou to push into harder content by upping your stats every once in a while and getting you over some of those thresholds. They aren't for the people on the cutting edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightscrawl View Post
    I would argue that vanity items like mounts are in an entirely different category than character progression/power like wf/tf gear drops. Look at how the legendaries turned out. For many people, it was, "Thank god I got it so I don't have to worry anymore."

That's not a good feeling. It doesn't encourage me to play.
    To each their own, I love getting orange, I go hunting for it on every character even if I already have BiS on that character cause I love the thrill of getting legendaries, its fun for me.

I think the only way for them to remove the WF/TF system is to slow the entire gearing process down. And I mean way down, down to Classic levels. I think its the only way to have most of the RNG removed, but keep engagement up.

TBH, I don't think I would enjoy that much. I remember farming UBRS for my shield, just so I could be viable to tank for ZG. It took a while, and I knew where to get it, but it was frustrating as hell when I didn't get it. And then I got the ZG shield with in short period.

I like the idea of being able to play all the content and having the possibility of getting an upgrade, and if I don't, its nothing to cry over cause it wasn't guaranteed in the first place.

Perhaps limits on how high gear from a source can TF would be an option. Raiding can always proc max, dungeons can proc 10-15 ilvl lower than max and all other content can proc 15-20 ilvl lower.

Took them long enough to implement these "minor tweaks" to Cathedral dungeon.
    -50%, -80%

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Took them long enough to implement these "minor tweaks" to Cathedral dungeon.
    -50%, -80%

lol
    I delete cathedral keystones i get
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Wonder what new games he is referring to, I'm kind of out of the loop right now.

heroes of the storm to me is nothing but bad memories, the stupid grind for the pet ruined it for me.

im sure the game is decent i just dont like having to play another game to get a reward in wow

The HotS poll is meh, cuz people would play these games only for some other game item and never touch it again. I don't even remember which game it was that we had to play for the flamesaber mount.

lol heroes of the fail

I still think that warforging shouldn't apply to Mythic gear. There should be a definitive ceiling, and the highest level of content should always reward the highest level of gear. But that's just me. Of course they have to keep the treadmill running.

I also wish that warforge/socket would appear on the tier token before you create it, so you don't have to have the whole "rolling on this item just for the small chance it warforges" situation. But they're trying to phase out master looter and force us onto personal anyways, so that won't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the option on the poll, "Only playing for the Overwatch bonuses"?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Heroes of the Storm Poll is missing an option:
    "I only had my brother play 15 matches for me so I could get the WoW mount"

Quote Originally Posted by Ringkeeper View Post
    Bravo. You're actually the target group for that crap, because you don't see and realise it on your own.
    ???
    I'm just baffled he finally found the courage to admit the truth.

I realize all the "sub retention" bullshit they're trying to implement in the game and if you read my post history you'd know, but somehow every time I comment on some front page article there's a slew of condescending comments from random lurkers.

I've wrote several posts on the subject I believe the goal should be to make a game fun to play people want to stay in and return to, a game that defends itself, instead of trying to tie playerbase by cheap tricks.

I you think I'm gonna spend all my day running m+ for that one titanforged trinket or farm nethershards all day to gamble for my legendary, both you and Blizzard are dearly mistaken.

And I think they're already starting to see the price, since the Q1 report said "Legion did slightly better than WOD", very underwhelming for an expansion that was supposed to be "the biggest content expansion ever" when it's only "slightly" better than the biggest content drought selfie-cam patch expansion that was WOD.

And I'm defo not touching HOTS 2.0 with a barge pole since all they did is add random loot crates to it to make people farm for 99% useless crap.

Same reason why I quit hearthstone, they removed adventures and moved everything to "buy more random card packs".

But keep claiming you know how many f2p games I play... I can tell you, none. Used to play LOL GC is working on atm, but they're loot-crate-ified it as well. First "mystery gifts" then "hextech crafting". Overwatch same crap, but I didn't even buy the game. I have friends who play it and I'm baffled to find out if they release a cool skin in Overwatch, let's say lunar festival Mei... you can't just buy it. No, they don't want your money... unless you spend tons of it on random loot crates. No thx.

WOW used to be better than most f2p games exactly because it had a sub and that ensured devs get steady stream of income to keep developing content without pressure "what if we run out of money", but it seems they don't have faith in their product anymore if all they spend time on is developing sub retention systems instead of fun content and gameplay.

I'm struggling to see how the hots changes justify a 2.0