Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Guilds that relocate for "realm first"

Greedy bastards?

Try hards?

Waste of money?

Communists?

Talking about guilds that transfer their entire roster to a small realm to take realm first. I think it is pretty much all of the above. Do they ever survive for more than a few months?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    How are they communists? Like, if they get realm first, are they gonna boost everyone on the realm to mythic kills for free after?

Wasnt there somekind of protection in play where guilds couldnt get realmfirsts after a transfer for several weeks in or since WotlK ?, i seem to remember something like that but maybe it was just for the individual player achievements like realmfirst 80/85/90.

Deleted
    Here's a hint: no one cares about server firsts since they became a guild achievement in Cataclysm (2010, or so).

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Greedy bastards?

Try hards?

Waste of money?

Communists?

Talking about guilds that transfer their entire roster to a small realm to take realm first. I think it is pretty much all of the above. Do they ever survive for more than a few months?
    unless its been changed at some point since the real realm first acheivements you used to get back in wotlk your not eligable for them in the first 60 days of a transfer.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    unless its been changed at some point since the real realm first acheivements you used to get back in wotlk your not eligable for them in the first 60 days of a transfer.
    90 days I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Server first on a "bad server" isn't something to brag about.

You can get "server first" at WR 1000+ in some extreme cases (from what i saw in HFC)....
    I got a recent Helya realm first at WR 1429
    https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/c...ed-aerie-peak/

yay
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Here's a hint: no one cares about server firsts since they became a guild achievement in Cataclysm (2010, or so).
    This. You don't get any titles or anything meaningful for it anymore so if you wanna go play on a dead server and make recruiting even harder on yourself for a guild achievement then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Wasnt there somekind of protection in play where guilds couldnt get realmfirsts after a transfer for several weeks in or since WotlK ?, i seem to remember something like that but maybe it was just for the individual player achievements like realmfirst 80/85/90.
    This strictly applied for mass movements of guilds for server first (in relation to servers firsts for raiding). If you and a friend transferred to a new guild, and they happened to get server first during your "locked" period, you could be granted the Server First achievement by a GM. This happened to me and a friend when we transferred and got server first Lich King when we had a week or so left on our ineligibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    I think its like 2 weeks, so just transfer more than 2 weeks before hand, easy to avoid

Do guilds even do this still? Would like some example/proof for that.

Nobody cares about realm first since wowprogress happened.

I agree that wowprogress bypasses the server first kill achiev but I think "server #1 on wowprogress" and "realm first" can be used interchangeably.

I think such moves are greedy and very short sighted. It is really difficult to recruit on smaller servers, the guilds that do raid and get some sort of progress are a tight community and there is low turnover. If the new guild loses people, they will die really quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Do guilds even do this still? Would like some example/proof for that.
    Explain then why a guild like Openness (russian top 7 in EN top 12 in NH) guild moved away from a Russian server (where they couldn't beat the server 1st guild because it was Exorsus) to Silvermoon EU which is 90% alliance server, but they stayed Horde, took the realm first in NH then transferred away to a German realm that again has no competition because the next guild is around ~200 rank, what is a Russian based guild doing on a German realm because definitely not there for recruitment perspectives.

Another example: https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu...rmoon/Ingenium
    Another Russian transferred / alt guild coming to Silvermoon EU just in time to get rid of server first lockout limitation when TOS opens. Their main guild?
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu...B8%D1%83%D0%BC
    Surprise, surprise, they lost their server first by a sliver on their original server (2 days difference, world rank 26 vs 27). Why else would they come to another server if not to grab easy server first and then vanish away.

Idk who they are trying to impress with that but more power to them. To me realm first is about friendly competition between guilds on a server; realm first in itself does not mean much.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Explain then why a guild like Openness (russian top 7 in EN top 12 in NH) guild moved away from a Russian server (where they couldn't beat the server 1st guild because it was Exorsus) to Silvermoon EU which is 90% alliance server, but they stayed Horde, took the realm first in NH then transferred away to a German realm that again has no competition because the next guild is around ~200 rank, what is a Russian based guild doing on a German realm because definitely not there for recruitment perspectives.
    They transfer because of boosting logistics, no one gives a shit about realm first thing. Plenty of barren russian servers if they wanted the achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    They transfer because of boosting logistics,
    So it made so much sense for them to be horde on a 90% alliance server? When mythic boosts can't be done cross realm (and ofc not cross faction either)? Why wouldn't they pick a high pop horde server like Kazzak or Draenor in the first place to sell their boosts there?

For hc boosts server doesn't matter anyway, only for mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Ding ding, we have a winner.

Server first hasn't been relevant in a looong time. No one really cares anymore, world/region rankings are what people look at/care about.

No one should care about such meaningless things.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post

Another example: https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu...rmoon/Ingenium
    Another Russian transferred / alt guild coming to Silvermoon EU just in time to get rid of server first lockout limitation when TOS opens. Their main guild?
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu...B8%D1%83%D0%BC
    Surprise, surprise, they lost their server first by a sliver on their original server (2 days difference, world rank 26 vs 27). Why else would they come to another server if not to grab easy server first and then vanish away.
    Seems like a question that should be posed to the guild themselves, not this forum. All we can do is speculate as to why they'd waste their time chasing a feat of strength, especially after receiving the achievement once.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!