Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why do people like nightborne?

Are you one of those that were excited about them or like them? if so please share why cos I don't get it !

They' don't look particularly nice, they're not particularly good either, a lot of their elites went bad over the legion etc. The only thing I can think of is because their city looks pretty and they are written as "powerful" - that's all there is to them. The city is a night elf city, they live in night elf ways (the arcane Nelf culture from the books) and are essentially night elves that look a little different and behave worse - I don't see how you can like them but not the night elves - you're looking at the arcane side of the night elves.

Also I don't know why you would like them over the blood elves. Except again - described as powerful, and has a pretty city. Both of which the blood elves are already described as, and they look better. So why would you pick nightborne over blood elf? and how can you like nightborne without liking night elf?

I don't get it.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2017-05-09 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People correlate to them as fellow addicts and feel connected. One being the mana addict, the other being the WoW addict.
    It's like bikers waving to eachother when they ride past on the highway. Nobody knows why but they all do it.

I certainly don't. Their zone is ugly, their city is ugly, their model is ugly. I enjoy killing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

You develop relations with them by helping them from literally ground zero to retaking their city. Thus you relate to the nightborne way more than most races in the game, which at least made me like them.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    All elves are ugly.
    Except Blood elves!

OT: I personally don't like the Nightborne, they're so ugly.

Deleted
    I like the slight references to Renaissance Italy. I love the aesthetics of the place, and their looks. I like the concept of the rebel-underdogs fighting against a leader who is a sell-out, which also fits quite well to the Horde, so I would love to welcome them there. And I will forever hold Arluin in high regards. He is the Han Solo character in Suramar - first a mercenary, but then deeply committed to the cause to make a great sacrifice. When I think about it, the whole Suramar campaign kinda reminds me of Star Wars... I even love the concept of Withered. Mana-starved zombies FTW!

Also, all elves in WoW are some kind of mana-addicts. Or what for do you think do the Night Elves have their moonwells and their trees? They are probably addicted to a different type of magic, but they depend on in just as well. They are just more hypocritical in that matter.

For me it's not brcause they are Nightborne but because their characters and story are simply highpoint in Legion so far. If breaching the tomb got the same treatment Broken shore would be awesome.

Deleted
    I don't really like them or their city, their colors are kinda dull and lack the feeling of mysticism which the rest of the elves have.

I'm a big elf fan though, I love all the Night Elves zones, but the Nightborn feel kinda boring, they mostly use purple Arcane magic and weild staves or swords, and the same color palette is used even on the trees of their city.
    Teldrassil and Darnasus have a more whimsical, mystic feel than Suramar city or the Nighthold imo.

If I had to compare strictly the Legion zones, Azsuna's creatures, trees and buildings are prettier than Suramar and its dungeons/raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like them but I loooooove Surumar, I really do. As well as Runas, RIP.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You like them?

What are you hiding...

I really truly hate everything about them. They were needy garbage crack elves that couldn't do one thing without our help. Their city was a maze of bland badness that tried my nerves. Even when liberating their city in the raid, they just stood and watched use and commented on shit every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I like the slight references to Renaissance Italy. I love the aesthetics of the place, and their looks. I like the concept of the rebel-underdogs fighting against a leader who is a sell-out, which also fits quite well to the Horde, so I would love to welcome them there. And I will forever hold Arluin in high regards. He is the Han Solo character in Suramar - first a mercenary, but then deeply committed to the cause to make a great sacrifice. When I think about it, the whole Suramar campaign kinda reminds me of Star Wars... I even love the concept of Withered. Mana-starved zombies FTW!

Also, all elves in WoW are some kind of mana-addicts. Or what for do you think do the Night Elves have their moonwells and their trees? They are probably addicted to a different type of magic, but they depend on in just as well. They are just more hypocritical in that matter.
    that's probably true, they're just the arcane side of the night elves - the ones that had a serious problem, I don't think they're new race material. At most they give flavor to the night elves, and they bring nothing to the blood elves who already had their addiction problems are nearly as good with magic, much prettier and already have their own stuff. Who is Arluin?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    I don't really like them or their city, their colors are kinda dull and lack the feeling of mysticism which the rest of the elves have.

I'm a big elf fan though, I love all the Night Elves zones, but the Nightborn feel kinda boring, they mostly use purple Arcane magic and weild staves or swords, and the same color palette is used even on the trees of their city.
    Teldrassil and Darnasus have a more whimsical, mystic feel than Suramar city or the Nighthold imo.

If I had to compare strictly the Legion zones, Azsuna's creatures, trees and buildings are prettier than Suramar and its dungeons/raid.
    interesting, do you like the highborne and arcane part of the night elves? Cos that's what they are, yet you like the night elves but don't like them? or you don't like the magic using bit?

Why would anyone not like lazy, rude, whiny, self-centered crackheads who blame everyone but themselves for their own stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    All elves are ugly.
    Thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    [SNIP] Who is Arluin? [SNIP]
    One of the NPCs in the later part of the Suramar I campaign questline. The one where you dump so much ancient mana and who helps you in the scenario at the end of the first part, when you finally activate all the ley lines to power up the new tree as a mana source for the starved rebels.

They have created the worst quest hub in wow history and, like all elves, they are obsessed with harps and flutes....

I don't know anyone that likes them.

Are you one of those that were excited about them or like them? if so please share why cos I don't get it !

They' don't look particularly nice, they're not particularly good either, a lot of their elites went bad over the legion etc. The only thing I can think of is because their city looks pretty and they are written as "powerful" - that's all there is to them. The city is a night elf city, they live in night elf ways (the arcane Nelf culture from the books) and are essentially night elves that look a little different and behave worse - I don't see how you can like them but not the night elves - you're looking at the arcane side of the night elves.

Also I don't know why you would like them over the blood elves. Except again - described as powerful, and has a pretty city. Both of which the blood elves are already described as, and they look better. So why would you pick nightborne over blood elf? and how can you like nightborne without liking night elf?

I don't get it.
    You realize they only look boring because they need to be low rez to have many NPC/mobs in an open world area where many people would be questing, and if they become playable next expansion, when suramar would be empty because we've all moved on, they'd actualy look much better and have variation etc.. right? do you not like them because their dark skinned? Is that why you aren't particularly fond of night elves? I have noticed that coming out in your posts, it's like a love hate, you're not sure whether to like them or to hate them and as you keep picking up on their appearance and all they have is their skin tone, I am thinking you don't like darkies.

You realise we all came from black people right? there's no point hating something just because the skin colour is darker - darker can be just as nice too

The reasons you state are the reasons i love the nightborne. For me the nightborne are the night elf arcane empire, they are are exactly as you stated, a different looking night elf, something i've been pointing out. They are the night elf empire night elves with a new look and name, that's just a modified NElf, and they're different to the night elves which i love. For me they make the night elf group bigger, more diverse and they bring back the arcane fantasy of the night elves which I read about alot. That's why i like them. They're not all bad, in fact, most of the city didn't like the alliance with the demons, intiially after Thalyssra was murdered most were too afraid to rise up with the threat of no arcwine and explusion which meant certain death, and a horrible one at that hanging over them. But even with that, they get inspired enough to rise up anyway, which is very night elven of them, and it makes up for the past when they hid at the last leg of the first war instead of fight. Now they fight. And it turns out they and their nigh telf buddies find a solution to the arcwine problem, a much better one - total healing.

The story was one of the best, and the charaters were beautiful, they really bring out the good side of the highborne night elf culture, and the bad and the ugly too. but you're left feeling that most of these people are hnourable, but despite their power, vulnerable.

Yes i like that they're powerful, and described so, and their city is beautiful, but it's not all I like about them, sure it might be a bit shallow of me, but they do well by them and i also like the night elves who are far humbler and live in ahumble environments under the stars.

I like them because i finally see the parts abou thte night elves i really liked in the lore books come to life in-game with them, so you're looking at the glorious side of the night elves, and as i like them I like the nighborne too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am guessing many of us like them because the NPCs are really memorable
    that too, it's their best piece of story righting as they mix in both action, drama and character development in a video game mmo setting, something i had felt only swtor managed. Even though that is still in a league of its own, this was enjoyable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Their story always kinda felt like the rebels from Star Wars. That's why I like them.
    yeah, which is also like the French resistance of WW2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post

OMG Arluin <3 .. someone else finally noticed, awesome character, he brings such a flaovur to the group, opens you to a side of them in such a cool way, who'd have thought these stuffy elves had characters like that, and likeable like that. Such a shame he died, he'd have been my fave male nightborne. I really wanted him to survive, he makes the fancy side of them quite a lot more real than the usual head in the stars impression you get from the citizens -- who seem so detached from reality if they're okay with teh legion around them.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    You like them?

What are you hiding...
    Something is not quite right....

Deleted
    that's probably true, they're just the arcane side of the night elves - the ones that had a serious problem, I don't think they're new race material. At most they give flavor to the night elves, and they bring nothing to the blood elves who already had their addiction problems are nearly as good with magic, much prettier and already have their own stuff. Who is Arluin?

- - - Updated - - -

interesting, do you like the highborne and arcane part of the night elves? Cos that's what they are, yet you like the night elves but don't like them? or you don't like the magic using bit?
    I don't mind the Elves' use of Arcane Magic, I dislike the Nightborns' obsession with it, but due to aesthetic reasons mostly.

The part of Arcane Magic that deals with heightened senses, intelligence, knowledge, order, books and all that stuff is interesting. The part that deals with purple energies and missiles manifesting is kinda boring.
    The Nightborn are so obsessed with the Arcane, they not only read their books, improving their intellect and harnessing this energy in times of need -like the Kirin Tor and their flying city or the Ogre Magi etc- they have imbued Arcane energies into the entire city. Everything in Suramar city, the dungeons and the Nighthold is blue and purple, even the leaves of their trees, the water or the color of their panthers; it's just a dark blue mash.

In Teldrassil, unlike Suramar, we see different colors everywhere; the ground is green and brown, the trees are typical trees or with some purple to make them whimsical, there is this white-blue aura emanating from the water, they have those white "moonstone" buildings, and so on.
    In Suramar city, on the other hand, I have a hard time telling if there are mobs in that gazebo or if the elves ahead are guards that will break my illusion, indifferent citizens or nightfallen allies.

The Nightfallen campaign and the Legion's presence in the elven city are cool, I was excited when they announced it, but those elves' culture and the city itself are boring.
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2017-05-11 at 12:13 AM.