Poll: Vote.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    If you actually played the game you would have unlocked the flying like 1.5 month ago easy
    Well I would if I had more patience with all bullshit grinding. What demoralizes me is the fact that you'll do a world quest and have to kill like 10 of these, 8 of those and collect 5 of these things and because the enemies are like sponges and hit like a truck and the fact that you can go more then like 5 steps without aggroing something it'll take up way too much time to complete and the reward I get would be 75 rep and like 500 AP. That's nothing. I need 21000 rep to be exalted, 75 is hardly even putting a scratch into it and rewarding me with AP that low you might as well not even give me anything because that's what it feels like. When you need like 20k AP to get your next upgrade what the hell is 500 AP going to do for me? It's the fact that Blizzard wants you to grind and grind everyday the same bullshit everyday and continue being rewarded with bullshit for doing it. It's just not fun.

The grind and the time it takes to complete quests wouldn't be so much of a problem for me if they just balanced out the time it takes to complete a quest and the reward you get for it because right now it feels like I'm doing more for less. The thing is too by the time I get flying and get my ilvl as high up as I can they'll announce a new expansion and I'll have like a few months to enjoy being at the top until I have to start from square one again. So all that time and effort I gave to be at the top will be for nothing but to be ready to grind for rep again in the next expansion.

Blizzard's way of thinking is like if they reward you with too much you'll quit playing because you got everything you wanted so they reward with as little as they can to keep you subscribed and to keep you grinding for what you want. The problem with that though is it leads to burn out from doing the same thing over and over and getting nothing worthy for the time you spent doing those things which leads to people quitting. So you still end up with the same results only this is worse because here you'll have people skipping over content Blizzard worked so hard on and that is where I stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    As long as AP is a thing i will never be back.
    Good riddance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Good riddance.
    Hey if your like Blizzard brand milking machine good for you. As for me i'm giving my nipples well needed rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    Well I would if I had more patience with all bullshit grinding. What demoralizes me is the fact that you'll do a world quest and have to kill like 10 of these, 8 of those and collect 5 of these things and because the enemies are like sponges and hit like a truck and the fact that you can go more then like 5 steps without aggroing something it'll take up way too much time to complete and the reward I get would be 75 rep and like 500 AP. That's nothing. I need 21000 rep to be exalted, 75 is hardly even putting a scratch into it and rewarding me with AP that low you might as well not even give me anything because that's what it feels like. When you need like 20k AP to get your next upgrade what the hell is 500 AP going to do for me? It's the fact that Blizzard wants you to grind and grind everyday the same bullshit everyday and continue being rewarded with bullshit for doing it. It's just not fun.

The grind and the time it takes to complete quests wouldn't be so much of a problem for me if they just balanced out the time it takes to complete a quest and the reward you get for it because right now it feels like I'm doing more for less. The thing is too by the time I get flying and get my ilvl as high up as I can they'll announce a new expansion and I'll have like a few months to enjoy being at the top until I have to start from square one again. So all that time and effort I gave to be at the top will be for nothing but to be ready to grind for rep again in the next expansion.

Blizzard's way of thinking is like if they reward you with too much you'll quit playing because you got everything you wanted so they reward with as little as they can to keep you subscribed and to keep you grinding for what you want. The problem with that though is it leads to burn out from doing the same thing over and over and getting nothing worthy for the time you spent doing those things which leads to people quitting. So you still end up with the same results only this is worse because here you'll have people skipping over content Blizzard worked so hard on and that is where I stand.

You only need revered with the factions which you get very close to just from leveling up

Yes, I probably will! I still have much story to explore ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted Not subbing ever again. Nothing against the game, I liked this expansion a ton more than WOD, I just feel that after more than a decade of playing the game, I finally have lost interest. I made it all the way to the launch of Nighthold. I was streaming my raids and doing Mythic +, then one day I just realized I don't care about upgrades, I don't care about the lore anymore, and don't really care to do the content anymore. This is nothing negative against the game, I think I just finally had true burnout on the game. At this time I do not play any MMOs and really like it this way.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    And that's fine. What the other poster and I were referencing were the people who are unsubbed and come here to trash hard on every announced update and change to the game.
    Why not, they are waiting for a good reason to come back and if every new bit of information on updates is the opposite they are welcome to voice their opinion. Its not like they can do it on the game forums itself since you cannot post if you are not subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Probably not. It's not the expansion, or even wow in general. Have been really uninterested in any games for the last 6 months or so, I keep buying new games that look great and i get about 10 minutes in, turn it off, never to look at it again. Not sure what changed, but no desire to game at all these days. Not complaining, gaming is mostly a detriment to your life in every way, save few.
    Do you like FPS?

and
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Voted Not subbing ever again. Nothing against the game, I liked this expansion a ton more than WOD, I just feel that after more than a decade of playing the game, I finally have lost interest. I made it all the way to the launch of Nighthold. I was streaming my raids and doing Mythic +, then one day I just realized I don't care about upgrades, I don't care about the lore anymore, and don't really care to do the content anymore. This is nothing negative against the game, I think I just finally had true burnout on the game. At this time I do not play any MMOs and really like it this way.
    Same here. Played since January of '05 and im finally to the point where after M Helya I just stopped and have decided MMO's aren't for me anymore. Nothing really against Legion aside from a few issues with certain systems. Just not really my thing anymore. I hope the game does great i just dont care anymore :/ and it kinda sucks but it feelsgoodman
    Last edited by Novakhoro; 2017-05-09 at 08:29 PM.

Deleted
    probably never wow died with wod

Probably won't... I kinda lost my passion for playing this game as much as I used to, and it bums me out that I won't be able to experience what I consider to be the most fun content if I resub to only play casually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Lol at subbed people reading a thread directed to unsubbed people.
    I am not currently subbed, but I'll most likely come back someday. I just think it's funny to say "never".

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft, died with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably , same as MoP I wait for the catch up mechanics to fully kick in so I don't have to do all the grind. In MoP I was unsubbed for half the xpac but I enjoyed the other half and got my cloak.

In effect, this is a poll for unsubbed players who still like to hang out in a forum to discuss the game they unsubbed from. O.o
    Not judging, just noting that to make sense of the results we would have to factor that in.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    The game should also never conform to people who have virtually unlimited time to play. If it did the game would be like Legion, which is what the whole AP/Legendary/RNGfest systems are about. We're all seeing how that unfolds and now the only question is will the fallout be the same or even worse than WOD?
    The game isnt conforming to people who endlessly grind, in fact legion is potentially the WORST expac for people who do.

The nerf to M+ hurts people farming TF in midlevel keys and the TF system makes mythic raiding a lot less lucrative loot wise. Do you even understand why so many mythic guilds have called it quits? Cuz the grind for the top tier SUCKS.

The game is not at all designed to be played 24/7 and never has been. It's designed for casual play and for dedicated play, which doesn't mean endless grind.

I would like to play WoW again, but a few things stop me every time. This forced CRZ in the game needs to piss off before even i play WoW again, and by the looks of it, the morons at Blizzard are set in stone to keep a feature around that is poorly done.

I really miss the old Blizzard, when they cared about the game and community.

My sub runs out again in 48 hours or so. Can't really think of any reason why I might resub this expansion. I'm not a raider or PvPer, and world quests + mount farming isn't worth paying Blizzard £9.99 for. Realm communities also don't feel like they used to; nobody seems to do random stuff for fun anymore. Everyone's got endgame tunnel vision.

Maybe towards the end of the expansion I'll log in, get some 900 gear gear and smash out the challenge artifact skins before they're removed, but if they keep the loot system as it is I'll be passing on the next expansion regardless, and it'll be the only expansion to date that I won't have bought at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Lol at unsubbed peope claiming there are "many other interesting subforums here" which is what they come to visit - only to spot the one thread that asks "Will you ever come back".

No, honestly - as a person who has been playing many games in over twenty years....and also many games that have dedicated forums, I do find it interesting. Because I could walk away from every game, no sweat.even Diablo 2 after 4 years of forum activity, I never looked back.

So naturally I look at these threads because I am curious at people's reasons...and I even a bit surprised to see posters again who I thought have long, long left (and have forever had only bad things to say about WoW). Not that weird really, people take an interest and spread their opinions on all kinds of things
    Dropped by to see the news, this thread was on the recent threads box at the top of the page. I look at the official forums too sometimes. They're pretty entertaining. I mean, at this point none of the devs' decisions can affect me negatively because I already packed it in, so when they do or say things that are mind bendingly stupid or frustrating I can just laugh now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    The game isnt conforming to people who endlessly grind, in fact legion is potentially the WORST expac for people who do.

The nerf to M+ hurts people farming TF in midlevel keys and the TF system makes mythic raiding a lot less lucrative loot wise. Do you even understand why so many mythic guilds have called it quits? Cuz the grind for the top tier SUCKS.

The game is not at all designed to be played 24/7 and never has been. It's designed for casual play and for dedicated play, which doesn't mean endless grind.
    Pretty much.

I've had enough.

2 days ago I did what I never had done before. Deleted everything, sent my gold to the guild leader and called it quits. Uninstalled all battle.net games, along with some others. Only left Witcher 3 alone.

I have to stop lying to myself, game hasn't been fun in the way it used to be over 5 years ago for a long while.

And I guess I've probably grown out of it.

Lurking and staying here will still be fun though to tease some folks and some hardcore fanatics.