Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    it fell off in 2012 tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What? I totally missed this...how do you get in on that action? Because I need that shit in my life nnnoooowwwwwwwww.
    I think they are talking about Trahearnes weapon. You get a cheap ascended and can keep exchanging it for all the skins (or to pick the one you like) or you can craft all of them.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

This game still isn't shut down? What?

What? I totally missed this...how do you get in on that action? Because I need that shit in my life nnnoooowwwwwwwww.
    I think they're talking about the Caladbolg reconstruction quest.

Fwiw I'm pretty sure you don't actually need LS3-4, you just need to have finished the HOT storyline.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    you just need to have finished the HOT storyline.
    it will help once they fix the final fight

Dulfy has a good guide:

http://dulfy.net/2017/02/22/gw2-feb-...-events-guide/

You only have to have completed HoT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    it will help once they fix the final fight
    That's probably the worst event in the game. No resuming, you get knocked out of the sky for no reason, etc. It's just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Dulfy has a good guide:

http://dulfy.net/2017/02/22/gw2-feb-...-events-guide/

You only have to have completed HoT.
    Sweet, thanks. Bookmarked so I can turn this into one of my MMO projects this week/end.

Gw2 is the best MMO no one really plays. Matter of fact, Gw2 is far superior to WOW in many ways yet not a lot of people bother playing the game, let alone supporting the game on You Tube or Twitch. The largest Gw2 You Tuber is Woodenpotatoes who comes in with around 115K subs, about 1/3 of which he got from playing Guild Wars. By contrast, some of the largest WOW Tuber are 3x's bigger and Swifty is 6x's bigger. Currently Gw2 barely cracks the top 100 games on Twitch with just under 300 total views. Don't get the wrong idea here, I love the game, a lot of other MMO's, including WOW, copy Gw2 features and most people can't say many negative things about the game yet still... no one plays it. ArenaNet even put together a pretty decent support program for content creators and still... no one plays it. Maybe it's a lack of having a sub fee, people will be more likely get their $$$'s worth and play. Maybe it's a lack of progression in the game, if you disappear for 6-8 months, you do not fall behind and outside of being a little bit rusty with rotation and abilities, you can come back at leisure and not miss a beat.

I am often baffled by the lack of player participation in Gw2. The game is fantastic, ArenaNet cares about players and the game more than most other publishers and they deliver more patch content with a B2p business model than Wow does with a sub based business model, a lot more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Maybe it's a lack of having a sub fee, people will be more likely get their $$$'s worth and play. Maybe it's a lack of progression in the game, if you disappear for 6-8 months, you do not fall behind and outside of being a little bit rusty with rotation and abilities, you can come back at leisure and not miss a beat.
    I believe it's neither of those. GW1 had no monthy fee and no progression and did fine until ANet moved to GW2 (except for pvp, which died earlier, ANet will never learn to balance pvp)

ANet tried to catter to everyone, instead of staying true to their believes, I think this was the reason GW2 began it's fall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Where do you think the gems come from that you buy for gold?!?! I'll give you a hint - Arena Net doesn't create them out of thin air so that you can buy them for free...
    they do actually. gems that can be bought with gold are not gems that are sold by players.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    they do actually. gems that can be bought with gold are not gems that are sold by players.
    You can't seriously be this naive, right? If there is any 'fixing' going on it's for the other way around, where gold is created out of thin air that players give gems for. But even then, it undermines their whole system to not allow this to be a real economy. I highly doubt they do any manipulation.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Sese View Post
    Like, there is barely people online compared to before... Is it time to realize World of Warcraft is the go-to...?... As much as I hate to say it..
    Lol that's because it never succeeded to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    Lol that's because it never succeeded to begin with.
    Erm, over 5 million copies of the base game sold by early 2015. That's a success for any company.

I don't know what are You talking about srsly. Perhaps we are playing different versions of the game, because in mine there are plenty of ppl, even on old areas, call it megaserver or sth, but in WoW, even with the corss server technology there are not even close the amount on ppl on the maps, especially the old ones. And in the new maps the amount of ppl are even greater. Ofcs the amount of ppl that are playing the game atm are lower than where it was at launch but, except WoW, this is always an issue. I think the living world shiet they went in season 1 and very small updates in S2 made ppl quit. Now the flow of content is in the good place and they caught a good rythm. They have 2 teams. One consists of 3 sub teams that are working on lviing story stuff and the second one is working on the expansion, which results we can experience now. We are getting frequent content every 2-3 months and not long after the last 6th episode of the LS we are getting the new expansion, so there won't be the content lack issue anymore. I think with the new expac, they will learn from their mistakes from the past (including HoT, which was i think a little bit to small at the release). The leaks proves it, maps are a lot bigger and knowing Anet they wont be empty.

If they had this release schedule from the start, the amount of ppl playing the game would be counted in millions. They are on the right track, they just need to deliver an amaizing expac, so ppl would spread the word again.

Gw2 is far superior to WOW in many ways yet not a lot of people bother playing the game,
    There is atleast one thing that WoW does a lot better than GW2, though.

GW2 gameplay is incredibly clunky at times and sometimes unresponsive, whereas WoW plays as smooth as an elven arse.

And I don't think "no one" plays GW2. Plenty do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post

GW2 gameplay is incredibly clunky at times and sometimes unresponsive, whereas WoW plays as smooth as an elven arse.

And I don't think "no one" plays GW2. Plenty do.
    I play both. There's plenty of people playing GW2, and with the next expansion coming in ~ half a year, there's gonna be a mass resurgence. Even when the LS patches hit, you always get spikes in attendance.

And idk what you mean GW2 feels clunky , I honestly find it way more fluid than WoWs. With all the active mitigation like dodges and blocks, that actually require you to time when you press the button , it feels much closer to real combat than wow does.

Also , a bit offtopic , but GW2 pvp is miles ahead of Wow PvP, both fun factor wise and balance wise.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post

lol, I agree, I hate to play gw2 because of the weird movement and camera + god damn jumping is so glitchy in this game, simple stuff rly. I can get used to it ,but once I play wow its much better, its just smooth and it works

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is, I've never had problems with GW2's control scheme. It's different, yeah, but mostly because your character has weight. In WoW, gravity works very differently than in GW2. Maybe that's why people think that GW2 controls "worse" than WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by sten260 View Post
    lol, I agree, I hate to play gw2 because of the weird movement and camera + god damn jumping is so glitchy in this game, simple stuff rly. I can get used to it ,but once I play wow its much better, its just smooth and it works
    much prefer jumping in GW2 to WoW (the worst mmos for jumping IMO are TESO and SWTOR). The animation rigging is different in GW2 than in WoW. GW2 will use momentum animations, however, you still have the same reaction and response that you do in WoW, it just looks slightly off.

Quote Originally Posted by sten260 View Post
    On the contrary, I can fly through most jumping puzzles at this point. Never had any issues with the camera or glitchy jumping. The movement feels just as responsive, with the difference being that you have some control over your movement while airborne in GW2.