Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Heard about this as I was leaving the house to take a girl out for a movie and dinner. Came back to a 38 page shtshow on MMOC GenOT. Such awesome, much cool.

I haven't read the entire thread yet. Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet: the POTUS has the legal authority to fire the FBI director. Trump, as much as I don't like him, has not in fact exceeded his authority here.
    Awesome job on making a counterargument to an argument that hasn't been made.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I haven't read the entire thread yet. Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet: the POTUS has the legal authority to fire the FBI director. Trump, as much as I don't like him, has not in fact exceeded his authority here.
    No one is disputing this fact. No one's even really defending Comey. The issue is that the timing of the firing, and a whole slew of related issues, make it look like Trump is firing him as a result of the Russia investigation and making a desperate attempt to pin the blame on something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    So Fox News banner read: Comey Resigns.

https://twitter.com/passantino/statu...63540760334336
    Been posted. It's amusing, but it caused my post about Trump sending his personal bodyguard to fire Comey to be lost in the shuffle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    So Fox News banner read: Comey Resigns.

https://twitter.com/passantino/statu...63540760334336
    Yeah, saw that earlier. Sorry to be flippant, but it's dark at night... reporting live! From Seattle...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Been posted. It's amusing, but it caused my post about Trump sending his personal bodyguard to fire Comey to be lost in the shuffle.
    Wait wait.

I saw this before but this just made me think...

he has SS... then his own personal bodyguards????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Yes.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politi...eith-schiller/

Who is Keith Schiller, the man Trump sent to fire Comey?

Few people inside Donald Trump's orbit are more important than Keith Schiller, the President's longtime bodyguard who has risen from part-time hired muscle to director of Oval Office operations.

That status was cemented on Tuesday when the former New York Police Department officer hand-delivered a letter from the President firing FBI director James Comey, entering the FBI headquarters with a manila folder and leaving without it.

Schiller, a White House official told CNN, went to the headquarters expressly to fire Comey, even though the FBI is currently in the middle of an investigation into Russia's meddling in the 2016 election and ties the hackers may have had to Trump associates.

Schiller is widely regarded inside and outside the White House as the "most underestimated person on Trump's team," as one former aide put it -- someone with constant access to Trump who has not only developed a deep level of trust with the President, but also has turned into a sort-of Trump translator.

During the campaign, "it mattered more to me what Keith Schiller thought of me than what the campaign manager thought," a former top campaign aide told CNN about Schiller. "Now I think it means more what Keith thinks of you than Reince (Trump's chief of staff) thinks of you."

Schiller joined the Trump Organization as a part-time bodyguard in 1999 after an assistant district attorney put in a good word for him with the real estate mogul. Formerly a NYPD detective who served in the Navy, Schiller quickly moved up the ladder with Trump, from temporary employee to bodyguard to Trump's head of security in 2005.

Friends from high school say Schiller never shied away from a fight during his younger years, a trait that has stayed with him. When protesters gathered around Trump tower during the campaign, Schiller ripped a sign out of one man's hands a punched him when he tried to grab it back.

Schiller, former aides and advisers said, understands the President better than most in the White House. During the 2016 campaign, aides would go to Schiller to understand a quirk or eccentricity about the billionaire-turned-politician.

"Any time I wanted to understand something, I would ask Keith," former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski said. "I valued him for all the roles he played."

And he has played many roles for Trump: Press wrangler, body man, private muscle and sounding board. He is far more involved in day-to-day decision making than most heads of security. Journalists who interviewed Trump in 2016 have said Schiller is regularly the aide checking the quality of the shot to make sure his boss looks good.

Schiller, unlike Trump, is media-shy and has declined multiple interview attempts by CNN. When asked about his visit to the FBI headquarters on Tuesday, Schiller declined to comment.

Trump's management style has also benefited Schiller. The President regularly asks people close to him for their views. Schiller is often the person next to Trump, meaning he regularly opines on politics, policy and everything in between, one aide said.

But more importantly, Schiller enjoys something that not many of Trump's White House aides has: Trust.

This has been evident throughout Trump's few months in the White House. Schiller almost always travels with not only the President, but his top aides and children. When Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law and top policy aide, traveled to Iraq with Marine Gen. Joseph Dunford, the chairman of the US military's Joint Chiefs of Staff, Schiller was at his side for much of the trip.

Lieutenant David E. Chong, now the public safety commissioner for the City of White Plains, New York, who used to be Schiller's boss at NYPD, said he understands why Trump for puts so much faith in the former officer.

"I don't blame him," he said. "I would have kept Keith with me forever if I could have."

He added, "He always had my back. I was always very comfortable knowing he was around."

10+ Year Old Account
    They are fair and balanced. You think it's fair for democrats to try scoring points? It's only fair to balance the negativity with an alternative. I think people misinterpret what Fox means by fair and balanced. When bad news hits, it's only fair to balance it with the other side doing the same. The the constant 'they are all the same', when even an outlier like Trumo is being discussed. If there is no alternative story to balance this... as let's face it, Democrats don't have the power to do anything to balance this. You need to downplay it or else the balance between an outlier and everyone else, will show the natural lean.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    You liberals need to get over it, Comey was let go because he was part of the old administration

Wait a second!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They are fair and balanced. You think it's fair for democrats to try scoring points? It's only fair to balance the negativity with an alternative. I think people misinterpret what Fox means by fair and balanced. When bad news hits, it's only fair to balance it with the other side doing the same. The the constant 'they are all the same', when even an outlier like Trumo is being discussed. If there is no alternative story to balance this... as let's face it, Democrats don't have the power to do anything to balance this. You need to downplay it or else the balance between an outlier and everyone else, will show the natural lean.
    Alrighty...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You liberals need to get over it, Comey was let go because he was part of the old administration

Wait a second!
    Uhm... I think the last clip reveals something we didn't think about... did you see how tall Comey is? The hands on that man must have made Trump very uncomfortable.

Wait wait.

I saw this before but this just made me think...

In addition to what Breccia posted...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...etter-to-comey

http://heavy.com/news/2017/05/keith-...ce-operations/

10+ Year Old Account
    Alrighty...
    I was going to sarcastically call you a libtard, but I think that's pretty much what my 3 active infractions are for. Not to you specifically...

ugh, trump's gonna get impeached and then ivanka won't be there to hold pence back from throwing gay rights off the tallest building he can find.

10+ Year Old Account
    You might want to check on that. Including their twitter account when ever another issue appears with Russia. I'd specifically point at what they were posting, as news was hitting of the leak from French elections... because, they were pretty busy doing everything they could to point to US based on previous history... not any evidence they had...

That's why I'm telling you to think about why you went for Wikileaks, instead of unrestricted access. Because Wikileaks, acts as a filter... which even if a porous one, is still a restriction.
    I dissociate the Twitter account from their platform. Their Twitter is just aiming to build hype.

I thought about Wikileaks simply because I don't think Comey will leak in the wild. He'll go to a media outlet if he does so.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

That's uh.

Huh.

I don't know what to make of that. Except.. da fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only fair to balance the negativity with an alternative..
    "Comey Resigns" is an OUTRIGHT LIE. Calling it an "alternative" as in "alternative fact" is horseshit.

The end.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    ugh, trump's gonna get impeached and then ivanka won't be there to hold pence back from throwing gay rights off the tallest building he can find.
    After all your posts in the election you don't get to say a goddamn word on the subject. Go back to your cave and think about yourself for the rest of the presidency because if any fucking body needs to, it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    With any luck one of the 25 indictments will be heading for Pence.

If not the best we can hope for is Republicans to get stomped in 2018 and for Pence to be a lame duck.

Otherwise we get to have fun with the courts again and listen to the Republicans bitch every time something is thrown down in the 9th Circuit.

I was going to sarcastically call you a libtard, but I think that's pretty much what my 3 active infractions are for. Not to you specifically...
    Yea I got the sarcasm;p

Just wasn't sure why you chose mine to reply to. All good though.

After all your posts in the election you don't get to say a goddamn word on the subject. Go back to your cave and think about yourself for the rest of the presidency because if any fucking body needs to, it's you.
    i hate clinton, but that doesn't mean i actually like trump.

bernie was the right person, but clinton's arrogance and need for power killed that.