Poll: If you had to choose, what type of tank would you prefer in your group/raid?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Favorite Tank

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Favorite Tank

What is your favorite to play with not as.

As a dps or healer who do your prefer leading the charge?

B-but I AM the tank

Well, my 2 cents is that DK is always better at overgeared content just because of insanely useful single/multi-target grip.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-05-09 at 10:56 PM.

As a healer, I really like bear tanks. Big health pools, strong defensives, and (more personal) I know a lot of great druid tanks. That's probably the main thing that shines through from my side...if you're a good player, you're likely playing your tank role well and that makes me a happy healer, whatever your class is. :P

Anything but monks

Deleted
    Guardian druids.

Big ol' fluffy sponges that are fairly healer-friendly

I really prefer Druid Tanks because they are they are easy to get good at and have great health pools, but I wish they had more abilities...

Monks are king in Mythic+, especially on Necrotic week, which is this week. Ring of Peace = gg.

Also let's not forget world first tank challenge was done by a Brewmaster.
    Last edited by muto; 2017-05-10 at 10:38 AM.

Deleted
    brewmaster is just master tank :-)

Used to be Blood DK cause it could solo ANYTHING but now i dont much care for tanking so i will just say Prot Pally cause i love throwing my shield at people.

It really depends on a player skill and knowledge of specific pulls, but if I had to pick a tank from a healer's perspective it would probably be Prot Paladin: smooth intake - no damage spikes, no surprises, great toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    B-but I AM the tank

Well, my 2 cents is that DK is always better at overgeared content just because of insanely useful single/multi-target grip.
    its cause deathknight is a Hero class.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    its cause deathknight is a Hero class.
    This is the exact joke we're doing between friends too.

Deleted
    Anything other than Guardian Druids, those things can go back to their damn forest where they belong. Feel like I'm going to puke every time I see one.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Monks are king in Mythic+, especially on Necrotic week, which is this week. Ring of Peace = gg.
    I strongly disagree. I have 3 tanks between 903-907 ilvl (warrior, bear and brewmaster) and I can say that bear is ABSOLUTELY incredible for necrotic because it's artifact power (life leech) doesnt care about reduced healing at all and with huge hp pool, insane armor and 4 active ohshit~ buttons you don't even need to kite mobs at all.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Also let's not forget world first tank challenge was done by a Brewmaster.
    And how is this even relevant? You can cheese challenge with Dave + Nuizao (both are never taken in any other content). This doesn't even mean anything for brewmaster's performance at all.

Guardian druids are THE kings right now.

If it's a random pug I'd rather see a druid cuz they are far easier to play and ridiculously OP, also the player never gets punished for making a million mistakes, easiest class/spec in the game by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Anything but monks
    It's hard to agree or disagree with. It's either 90% chance for absolutely horrible player or 10% for ridiculously mastered tryhard.

To play myself; Brewmaster
    To heal; Bear

I think a lot of it depends on the skill and the experience of the tank. But I guess overall that bears are the easiest to deal with on my healer alts.

DHs tend to be the most annoying since they have a tendency to run as far out of range as fast as possible.

A guardian druid + brewmaster monk... delicious.
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017

Deleted
    On the healer perspective i can see the Bear as the best tank but oh boy what a fucking boring spec to play with. Paw 1, paw 2, paw 3 and smash ironfur furiously. For fun i would play blood or protpal, best designs in tanking specs if you ignore the fact that blood is shit due to blizzards moronic tunning.