Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    And how can you know whether we will know about the next expansion at that time? We don't know about it now. And there is no guarantee we will know about it by the end of the year. You don't know what their plans are.
    11/10 Trolling Attempt

Blizzcon is before that release.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Hm, kinda like your opinion. But you're entitled to have it, just like I am!

Christie Golden is an acclaimed writer and author. What books have you written to call her writing "boring and stupid"? Oh, that's right, you can barely form a coherent forum post.

Got 'em.
    That stupid argument...

"You cant call that food disgusting, you are not an acclaimed chef"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Im not fan of Knaak. But Golden writing is boring and stupid. Like for 10y old girls
    Oh please...she's a decent author. I've enjoyed all of her Warcraft Novels. 10 yr old girls rofl....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    That stupid argument...

"You cant call that food disgusting, you are not an acclaimed chef"
    I think it's the difference between insulting the food and criticizing the chef, as it were. I'm not much a fan of hoity-toity and highbrow food myself - I think caviar and escargot are wretched and don't see why or how anyone would like them. But I wouldn't take that as far as saying the Michelin Star chef who prepared them has no idea what they're doing or suck at their job. I just don't like the kind of food they make or specialize in is all - same for some of the Warcraft authors. I prefer Stackpole and King's style as opposed to Knaak or Golden, but I don't feel I have the authority (professional or otherwise) to criticize either author directly - I just have issues with some aspects of their style or characterizations, other people have and are entitled to their own opinions.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The german text reads as follow:

World of Warcraft: Die Trollkriege

Im Anschluss an den legendären Krieg der Ahnen wurde eine Gruppe von Magiern der Nachtelfen von ihrem Volk verbannt. Auf der Suche nach neuem Lebensraum landeten sie an der Küste von Lordaeron. Zu dieser Zeit waren die Menschen noch ein loser Verbund aus schwachen Stämmen, während die Trolle eine regelrechte Hochkultur etabliert hatten. Die Ankunft der fremden Zauberer und deren Bündnis mit den Menschen legte den Grundstein zu einem der folgenreichsten Konflikte Azeroths, die unter dem Namen Trollkriege in die Geschichte eingingen.

World of Warcraft: The Troll Wars

Rough Translation: Following the legendary War of the Ancients, a group of night elves magi were exiled by their people. In search of a new habitat, they landed on the coast of Lordaeron. At that time Humans were still a scattered group of weak tribes, while the trolls had an established empire. The arrival of the foreign magi and their alliance with the Humans laid the foundations for one of the most memorable conflicts of Azeroth, known throughout history as The Troll Wars.

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...rs-paul-s-kemp

I think humans lived harassed by the trolls, when the elves came the trolls stopped paying so much attention to the humans and focused their effort on fighting the elves.

This would be interesting in some Hiatus expansion but right now I think blizzard should develop some novel about the leaders of the alliance and horde during the events of legion so far like they did with vol'jin, chen and that freak puller hunter, it would be a nice complement to legion that so far while is good, we kinda forgot about the two main factions of the world and would be awesome to see how the world is fighting the legion with mention of some campaign of the game class, like Sylvanas hearing about the rescue of Koltira which left a big mess in undercity or Anduin hearing about the legion attack on pandaria

Incoming troll expansion then, the last few wow novels have been preludes for the next expansion. I find it weird that they keep saying Vol'jin is dead without adding anything else to it. When people ask them about other dead characters they usually give some sort of explanation.

As much as i want to see where this whole troll thing will lead. It would be highly disappointing if they keep delaying the Azshara/N'zoth plot.

I would like to see how is the relationship of the blood elves and Revantusk today

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Incoming troll expansion then, the last few wow novels have been preludes for the next expansion. I find it weird that they keep saying Vol'jin is dead without adding anything else to it. When people ask them about other dead characters they usually give some sort of explanation.

As much as i want to see where this whole troll thing will lead. It would be highly disappointing if they keep delaying the Azshara/N'zoth plot.
    Not neccisiarily, for a while they were alternating between expansion lead ins and other novels, this could just be a side thing and not a direct expansion lead in.

Trolls lore = Good time

Would like to see more Troll PoV stories, and not just from the Horde's Trolls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    https://www.amazon.fr/World-Warcraft...e-trollkriege/

This is really going to be interesting that war is very important in the universe of warcraft.

I would like to see the grand magister Belo'vir and Anasterian, I would like to see how to use Felo'melorn to kill hundreds of trolls

Well... amazon page has been edited - it's a conspiracy

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Trullashippie View Post
    Looks like a basic placeholder now, then. "A New Novel" could be anything from "Chronicle Vol. 3" to whatever else.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Trullashippie View Post
    Ah well, too bad could have been really interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Looks like a basic placeholder now, then. "A New Novel" could be anything from "Chronicle Vol. 3" to whatever else.
    My hope is for "draenor high" a light novel in alternate setting where all the warlords go to school together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Ah well, too bad could have been really interesting.
    Don't worry we will get Homilies of saint illidan instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Don't worry we will get Homilies of saint illidan instead.
    The new testament with double halo? And Illidan screeching taste the rainbow Mother****er?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    My hope is for "draenor high" a light novel in alternate setting where all the warlords go to school together.
    I'm only on board if they also solve mysteries, play in a band, and have a talking garn as a shared pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm only on board if they also solve mysteries, play in a band, and have a talking garn as a shared pet.
    "It wasn't the podlings who were responsible it was him - old man velen !"
    "And i would get away with it if not for you pesky warlords !"

I can foresee this being a troll shitfest while the elves get treated like the heroic heroes of heroism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Trolls lore = Good time

Would like to see more Troll PoV stories, and not just from the Horde's Trolls.
    "Bwuahaha we evil, mon"
    - "Trolls! We must stop them!"
    "We gonna turn ya inta voodoo bwuahaha"
    - "Not so fast, Troll! It is us, cliche beautiful fantasy elven rangers!"
    "Bahh, we be dead now mons"
    - Finally our forest is safe. Because we are elves we must protect our forest".
    "Duh we be evil mon! Dats our forest! We gonna get revenge one day buahahafuedjei"

There, I just wrote the TL;DR of every story involving Trolls and Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

"Bwuahaha we evil, mon"
    "Duh we be evil mon! Dats our forest! We gonna get revenge one day buahahafuedjei"

This is a little too close to truth to be funny. And i don't even like trolls to begin with.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I can foresee this being a troll shitfest while the elves get treated like the heroic heroes of heroism.

- - - Updated - - -

"Bwuahaha we evil, mon"

You cant stop us all mon!

The elves stop them all
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol