Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So... From my understanding, she wasn't his teacher, but merely being overwatching a volunteer drama club, Macron joined in?
    Then where is the problem. A bit weird, but legally not wrong. So calling her a pedophile, especially since firstly he pursued, scondly, he was in the legal age of giving consent, is just ridiculous.

Why do people give fucks about pointless issues.
    Like the other day in the UK,front page headlines Katie price (formally known as 'Jordan'...google her before you say 'who is she?') was spotted kissing another guy in a night club....WHO GIVES A FUCKKKK????????.

Planet X please hurry the fuck up!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Wait so...how is this homophobia? Because he called him gay? I mean I don't even think its misogynistic.
    I think he means that people calling him gay (since he must have married his wife as a beard) as if thats a negative thing is homophobic. This is almost literally the definition of homophobic.

The reason he calls it misogynistic is that people are okay with men marrying women who are 25 years their junior (assuming they are adults when the relationship starts). On the other hand people are calling it unnatural when a women who is 25 years older than him marries him. I can understand where this is coming from and I think this is partially true.

Having said that, I think random people calling him homosexual is a pretty minor issue (though it is homophobic), since people pmuch always beat politicians they don't agree with with whatever stick they can find.

Personally, I think marrying a woman who is 25 years your junior is as weird as marrying a man who is 25 years your junior, so I am failing to see the issue here.

All in all this article seemed designed as clickbait while talking about irrelevant issues that the newspaper knows people will start discussions about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    It's biology.

Old women have no reproductive potential.
    Old men can still procreate.
    Thank god we have moved on from seeing marriage as something purely focussed towards reproduction so we can drop cliché's like this.

I think his use of language is probably out there on one stetch, just because a small gathering suggested he was covering up his apparent homosexuality doesn't really deem necessary to label it as homophobic. I reckon it boils down to people trying to be clever and sarcastic than actual malice against where you stick your meat. Misogyny is probably right on the mark, people still are unsure of the age swap between older women and younger men I won't lie.

As for a paedophile well, it is out of the way but the simple fact is if parents hadn't been involved, if he as a young adult didn't express his feelings... Would have it gone down that route? It's hard to say though "I can't promise anything" is somewhat fucking bizarre for any adult to say even if they got kids or not, because 16 is still really young even if you want to go full-out cougar.
    Thankfully they did it right and exempt from the whole paedophilia situation but it makes me feel uneasy with just her comment on it all...
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-05-11 at 01:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    So... From my understanding, she wasn't his teacher, but merely being overwatching a volunteer drama club, Macron joined in?
    Then where is the problem. A bit weird, but legally not wrong. So calling her a pedophile, especially since firstly he pursued, scondly, he was in the legal age of giving consent, is just ridiculous.
    Just for the sake of accuracy she was in charge of the drama club that year. She doesn't consider herself to be her teacher, that title was for her education field : french studies. was she a volunteer, teacher, animator ? Doesn't really matter except on the weird/weirder spectrum. However mob mentality people tends to mix weirdness/legality/morality when those are three distinct things.

I tend to prefer weird people to people spreading hate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's rather funny that France's first lady will be a child abuser.

We'll call her a Hebephile if you want, won't change my opinion about her.
    Why would you find it funny if she were a child abuser? In my opinion that would be a grave offence in need to be prosecuted.

We don't know about the nature of the relationship. If (and that's a strong if and not to be used for BS'ing) the nature was sexual then given the age it would have been ephebophilia.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Still doesn't beat a sexual assaulting president though, does it?
    I think both are equally bad in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    "Pedophile" seems to be the slam-word here but it carries really no weight as long as they both moved within the range of the laws which is what actually happened. Age of consent is usually between 14 and 16 in European countries. In Germany for instance you are allowed to marry when you are 16 years old given the other partner is of legal age (18+ years). In France you have to be 18 years old. Now that said if she were a pedophile in a legal sense then he would have to have been 14 years old or younger OR between 15 and 18 years old while she was his custodian. Neither was the case. Therefore it is just morale-induced talk based on taking offence at what happened.
    Age of consent is 14 in Europe? Wow!!!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Planet X please hurry the fuck up!
    Shouldn't it be planet IX now Pluto has been downgraded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Not in the UK (or in France where the peado stuff happened).

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    She wasn't
    Yes she was, in fact that's the one fact no one disagrees with because it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    *Tilts head*
    That's some damn strong projection he's going going on there.
    Not really, a very young man (17) married a middle aged woman. Both grew older. Now he is middle age and she on the brink of being elderly. The reaction of the yellow press: He is gay! He gets angry and defensive. Reaction: That's some strong projection.

What a load of bullshit from the media. They can't grasp that he really loves his older wife just because they reduce women to their bodies and expect everybody to do the same.

This is from that time (2007) when both where young:

Total crazy to think that woman is hot?
    Last edited by Kryos; 2017-05-11 at 02:14 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Not really, a very young man married a still young woman. Both grew older. Now he is middle age and she on the brink of being elderly. The reaction of the yellow press: He is gay! He gets angry and defensive. Reaction: That's some strong projection.

What a load of bullshit from the media. They can't grasp that he really loves his older wife just because they reduce women to their bodies and expect everybody to do the same.
    Actually medias don't really plays a role in that one.
    Macron being gay is a persistent rumor the press does not participate in.

I don't recall any mainstream media blaming the relation. There was some cover over it (they did write a book about their own relationship so duh) but i don't recall any newspaper or TV saying or implying he was gay.

Deleted
    It varies, but if you want to take a look:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, I've read a lot of people calling her a gold-digger, etc. But men being with younger women often times isn't negatively criticized. He's praised, while the womans motives are questioned.
    Generally women like older men. And generally, men like younger women. But, that doesn't mean it has to be like that. With the approach to anti-aging tech, we are close to making age just a number. In which case, who cares? The only time age should be an issue is when someone isn't at the legal age.

She looks like E.T https://pics.me.me/who-wore-it-bette...t-19709307.png

She is no doubt a predator as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Thank god we have moved on from seeing marriage as something purely focussed towards reproduction so we can drop cliché's like this.
    You might have moved on, but nature is still there driving people's instinct.

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

15+ Year Old Account
    In some European countries. Like in Germany. Yes, it is. It is different in France where it is 15. It differs from European country.

In some countries it's also coupled with age of criminal liability which in Germany is also 14 years old (which is one of the few rare things they took over from the DDR). I remember how I had to get my personal ID card and permit of stay within the prohibited zone (DDR border area) at the police station when I got 14. That Volkspolizist (DDR policemen) "entertained" me with the duties and responsibilities and how I can now be held criminally liable. During DDR times there was the rule though that between 14 and 17 years you would not to be tried like an adult and with (re-)education in mind.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    You don't? They used some rumour that he was gay to make it seem like he was a lesser candidate. If that isn't homophobia then i don't know what is.
    No it isn't. He would be less of candidate not for being gay.

He would be less of a candidate for being dishonest about his sexuality

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's common for older men to marry younger women. Yes it does seem strange for some reason to see an older woman married to a younger man, I don't know why.
    it's not, this is only news because he is the french president, i cannot count the number of old bags of botox having younger partner, J-lo, madonna, etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.