Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Races that need more diversity

What race do you think needs more diversity when it comes to factions, subraces and etcetera? For example, with night elves you have the different offshoots and with tauren you have taunka, yaungol and the Highmountain tribes.

Personally I always thought it would be cool to see a Warcraft equivalent of deep gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    What race do you think needs more diversity when it comes to factions, subraces and etcetera? For example, with night elves you have the different offshoots and with tauren you have taunka, yaungol and the Highmountain tribes.

Personally I always thought it would be cool to see a Warcraft equivalent of deep gnomes.
    But there are already, leeper gnomes, mecha gnomes and sand gnomes

I'll repost this (from favorite racial lore thread) since it's related to the topic:

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I like all races that have internal conflicting factions (that aren't just evil).
    Dwarves, with their Wildhammer/Darl Iron/Bronzebeard enmity
    Elves, with their many factions (blood, night, high, highborne, nightborne). Yes, I count all elves as one race, as their stories are so connected and dependent on each other. That's what makes them the most interesting race right now.
    Legion made the tauren more interesting to me with the introduction of the Highmountain. Would love to see good Grimtotems as another faction.

I'd love to see the orcs reorganize into a clan structure with a council instead of a racial leader. Reintroduce a few clans and create some new. Pre-Garrosh fucking everything, I liked that there were some clans active in the Horde, like Dragonmaw and Warsong.

Also I'd love to see more human nations. Right now it's just Stormwind and Gilneas (I count worgens as humans). Would love to see Stromgarde and Kul Tiras to join the party and spice things up.

Draenei need some love too. WoD introduced the concept of Exarchs, rangari and so on, I'd love to see those reintroduced in the azerothian draenei comunity.

Goblins are an interesting case in which every goblin is acting for himself. But they are played for laughs instead of used for conflict.

Of all the races, the one I despise most are the undead. Not just because they are mostly evil, but they also lack internal conflict and act almost like a hive mind to their Banshee Queen (most undead that disagree end up neutral). I know there are instances of rebelious undead, but I'd like to see factions within the Forsaken with disagreeing views that aren't just mobs to be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    But there are already, leeper gnomes, mecha gnomes and sand gnomes
    Are sand gnomes even canon? And I totally forgot about leper and mechagnomes, my bad .

Are sand gnomes even canon? And I totally forgot about leper and mechagnomes, my bad .
    Sand Gnomes, as far as we know, are just an allucination.

Leper gnomes are hardly a faction. They are almost entirely insane and will eventually die out.

Mechagnomes... do they even have free will? Honest question. They have so little development, just appearing here and there, and seem to have no stablished culture other than being servants of the Titans.

I'd love to see actual gnome factions.

Leper gnomes are hardly a faction. They are almost entirely insane and will eventually die out.

Mechagnomes... do they even have free will? Honest question. They have so little development, just appearing here and there, and seem to have no stablished culture other than being servants of the Titans.

Numbers-wise, leper gnomes are way more of a faction than regular gnomes. 80% of gnomes were infected, so that's way bigger than the Gnomeregan faction. But I wonder how many of the leper gnomes are aware of their condition? The one in charge in Gnomeregan seems to know that they're irradiated, but others that hallucinate thinking everybody is a trogg don't seem to know.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Not really diversity because they are already there, but Magisters need to have more spotlight then the bloodknights.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the undead need more diversity, not in terms of racial but in terms of factions within the forsaken.

Right now it seems to be the Dark rangers and the Royal Apothecary Society and that's it. I think we need more spotlight for the Deathstalkers, the Executors(and the 'regular' forsaken military too) and also if the Undercity has a kind of Mage guild or if there are more Banshees doing their own thing.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account

I would love to see some in faction dispute with some other gnome who has different views other what Mekkatorque believe just add some more flavor to gnomes

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Numbers-wise, leper gnomes are way more of a faction than regular gnomes. 80% of gnomes were infected, so that's way bigger than the Gnomeregan faction. But I wonder how many of the leper gnomes are aware of their condition? The one in charge in Gnomeregan seems to know that they're irradiated, but others that hallucinate thinking everybody is a trogg don't seem to know.
    Numbers don't matter. They are dying and deranged. They have no politics, no unity, no purpose. This makes them a condition rather than a faction.

However, I wouldn't mind if some faction rises out of them (maybe survivors that retained or partially recovered their sanity, but now they feel abandoned and band together for mutual support).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still hoping for Kul tiras to come into the fold...just praying blizz don't turn Jaina into a Garrosh like figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Not really diversity because they are already there, but Magisters need to have more spotlight then the bloodknights.
    This. But the reason Blizzard does this is so the Kirin Tor seem special. If any other race was shown to be good at magic, then Dalaran would seem more average. Same reason why they have every single paladin organization look at the human paladins' way of doing things and be like "oh, screw my people's traditions and beliefs, screw Elune and the Sun counterpart, let's be human paladins in night elf and tauren bodies."

Adding races to the class isn't all that's needed to create diversity. Every race should have their own take on the class that's considered a paladin for gameplay purposes, but lorewise are very different. They should all be treated as equally valid, not being an afterthought and everybody abandons all individuality to do what the humans do. Homogenization sucks. And Delas should have a glaive or something, not a hammer. Be like a moon priestess huntress thing like she's supposed to be. Have a halberd. But NOT that one MoP polearm they give ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE THAT CAN USE A POLEARM. Like seriously, why? There are way better polearms out there. Why always one with heavy Pandaria flavor to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Numbers don't matter. They are dying and deranged. They have no politics, no unity, no purpose. This makes them a condition rather than a faction.

However, I wouldn't mind if some faction rises out of them (maybe survivors that retained or partially recovered their sanity, but now they feel abandoned and band together for mutual support).
    Could say the same for the Forsaken

A couple of days ago I was reading the Warcraft Chronicles while wandering through wowwiki, and I end up with this:

While they usually appear to be nearly brain-dead, most mechagnomes seem to have some kind of pseudo-consciousness. In the quest "Slaves of the Stormforged" where you have to free some mechagnomes from the iron-dwarves, some of the mechagnomes are clearly thankful for being freed ("Thank you, <race>. I will join your struggle against the stormforged"). A few special mechagnomes, like Gearmaster Mechazod, are furthermore quite conscious of their own actions, talking like "normal" gnomes.

Although transforming a normal gnome into a mechagnome (and opposite) somewhat changes the gnome's personality, it seems that they don't lose any of their memories in the process. This assumption is based on Fizzcrank Fullthrottle's tale of how the mechagnomes his crew had been transformed into "recognized" him and the other normal gnomes.

Even though most of mechagnomes that have been reverted back into normal gnomes apparently didn't like their "new" metallic shape, it doesn't necessary mean that being a mechagnome feels bad, just very different from being a flesh-gnome. Otherwise, it would be strange that most original mechagnomes act rather relaxed (when they are not fighting) and affectionate towards their master.

- wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Mechagnome

A couple of days ago i was reading Warcraft Chronicles while wandering through wowwiki, and I end up with this:

- When performing an action or a choice, mechagnomes often utter their reasoning out loud. From what they are saying, the minds of mechagnomes are clearly much similar to a computer-program, processing variables and executing commands.

- Mechagnomes possess the convenient ability of going into standby-mode. They often do this after completing or being released from a task. Most likely they will stand in standby-mode until their master gives them a new order, as they have little reason to do anything else.

- Amazingly, normal gnomes can be reverted back into being mechagnomes, despite those gnomes having been flesh for generations. This is not done by merely adding a supplementary spell on normal gnomes in order to transform them, but oppositely by injecting them with something that removes the Curse of Flesh.

- Likewise, gnomes who have been turned into mechagnomes may be reverted back to their original fleshy form by injecting them with something that 'reverses the reversion' of the curse. The player has to revert several newly "mechanized" gnomes back to their former self in the quest Re-Cursive (Alliance). After being mechagnomes, most of these gnomes were apparently not fond of having been so. Then again, some of the gnomes felt that being mechanized had "perfected" them.

- While they usually appear to be nearly brain-dead, most mechagnomes seem to have some kind of pseudo-consciousness. In the quest Slaves of the Stormforged where you have to free some mechagnomes from the iron-dwarves, some of the mechagnomes are clearly thankful for being freed.

- Although transforming a normal gnome into a mechagnome (and opposite) somewhat changes the gnome's personality, it seems that they don't lose any of their memories in the process.

- Even though most of mechagnomes that have been reverted back into normal gnomes apparently didn't like their "new" metallic shape, it doesn't necessary mean that being a mechagnome feels bad, just very different from being a flesh-gnome.

- wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Mechagnome

Most of the options are skins, and even then, they wouldn't warrant inclusion in the game. Now, outside of those, the tauren and the dwarves have the most options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Could say the same for the Forsaken
    That doesn't even make sense. Undeath is a condition. The Forsaken are a faction of undead with politics, unity, and purpose separate from other undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    That doesn't even make sense. Undeath is a condition. The Forsaken are a faction of undead with politics, unity, and purpose separate from other undead.
    Undeath is unnatural. Its aborrhant. Its an affront.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Undeath is unnatural. Its aborrhant. Its an affront.
    But the Forsaken themselves maintain an ordered society with politics and unity. Leper gnomes aren't mentally stable and most seem to lack the ability to create a functioning society.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the Forsaken themselves maintain an ordered society with politics and unity. Leper gnomes aren't mentally stable and most seem to lack the ability to create a functioning society.
    The same is for the Forsaken and Scourge. They need someone empowered to direct and focus them, otherwise they are just mindless rage filled abominations intent on death and destruction.

Without someone who had been bestowed greater powers or influence the rest would of just been mindless rabble. Look at the amount of undead who despise what they have become in undeath. Most are bent to the will of something or someone else.