Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    GOOD. There is no reason not to have an ID to vote. especially when states provide them FREE for that purpose.

People need ID for: Welfare, a bank account, Dr. visits and to drive.

I want a national biometric ID, and a paper trail for every single vote cast.
    No, not all (if any) do. If they did, and they were easily available, there would be a lot less outrage.

Edit: ND, NC, SC, GA, IN have free ids.

Those that require you to pay: NY, CT, NH, VT, IA, OR, MO, UT, KS, FL, NV, VA, OH, WA, AZ, IL, AL, AK, AR, CO, DE, HI, ID, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MT, NE, NJ, NM, OK, PA, RI, SD, TN, TX, WV, WI, WY.

So it's 45-5 in favor of states that make you pay for an ID card.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2017-05-12 at 03:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    GOOD. There is no reason not to have an ID to vote. especially when states provide them FREE for that purpose.

I don't remember needing to register for a drivers license to be aligible to receive a driver's license. With a bank account, I only needed ID when registering, after that, I can make a deposit or transfer funds on my phone. Similar with a doctor, I can make an appointment, but I don't register and then return with ID to actually see a doctor. In all of those cases, registration is enough.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Like I said, I flat-out don't believe him. The odds of him finding those 3 people out of a million, even if they were but 3 of, say, 1,000 people he knows, is ridiculously low. Namely, 4.5 x 10^-9 to know anywhere from 3-plus.
    http://freedomdaily.com/breaking-40-...te-california/

http://truthfeed.com/breaking-over-4...ifornia/34639/

http://www.capoliticalreview.com/cap...mit-they-vote/

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    It is called Law AB-60 All you need in California is a driver's license or a proof of residency like a water or electric bill and head on down in front of wal-mart and they will sign you up they do not check. just put a check in the box and thats it you can vote.
    Which is ridiculous. But I understand why the Democrats want it that way.

The ironic thing about this is I'm fairly sure a lot of the people voting republican would flip out at the idea of mandatory Biometric ID's. A good chunk of them believe in less government interference in their lives.

In my opinion all voting should be done online and ID's should be digital and maintained in a blockchain ledger. But that's a ways off still.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is called Law AB-60 All you need in California is a driver's license or a proof of residency like a water or electric bill and head on down in front of wal-mart and they will sign you up they do not check. just put a check in the box and thats it you can vote.
    You don't know that you register to vote and then you sign in as an individual? Telling me that they can get a driver license isn't what I'm contesting. How did they register to vote? How did they know, that the person they signed in as, wasn't going to vote?

You have never even voted. This is really fucked up shit... I know everyone on the internet has a foot long cock, but voting? Really? Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Which is ridiculous. But I understand why the Democrats want it that way.
    Did you register to vote or not? Did you sign in? How can you buy this bullshit? I know you voted many times... I know you know better... why do this?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You don't know that you register to vote and then you sign in as an individual? Telling me that they can get a driver license isn't what I'm contesting. How did they register to vote? How did they know, that the person they signed in as, wasn't going to vote?

You have never even voted. This is really fucked up shit... I know everyone on the internet has a foot long cock, but voting? Really? Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Did you register to vote or not? Did you sign in? How can you buy this bullshit? I know you voted many times... I know you know better... why do this?
    You vote as yourself they do not check if your legal.
    I just told you that is all you need You just get a ID or take a proof of residency like a water or electric bill DOWN to the Stand for SINGING UP TO VOTE in front of a place like a WAL-MART and FILL out the REGISTER it is that god damn simple thats how we do it in California not hard. Now what do you not get what word?
    Last edited by Starscream101; 2017-05-12 at 03:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    I just told you that is all you need You just get a ID or take a proof of residency like a water or electric bill DOWN to the Stand for SINGING UP TO VOTE in front of a place like a WAL-MART
    Liar. Ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Liar. Ignored.
    Two of his sources are on the same level as Breitbart and Infowars .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    He has always said he would and a while back said hed only look into blue states

- - - Updated - - -

Bush/Gore it was found that a florida section threw out a bunch of votes
    Which isn't stopped by voter ID laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Or it should be a national holiday with most people off of work.
    Make it two days, so emergency services can have one of those days off.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

Illegals can't vote in California.

We have a law that makes it easy to register to vote when getting a driver's license and we have a law that allows non-citizens to get driver's licenses. Somehow, in the minds of idiots, this means we're letting illegals register to vote. Which is just flat out not true. There is no proof of this, but they keep parroting it anyway because FOX news screams about it every so often.

7+ Year Old Account
    I need an ID to exercise my constitutional right to buy a gun.

There is NO constitutional universal right to vote.

Biometric National ID, get used to it.

I need an ID to exercise my constitutional right to buy a gun.

There is NO constitutional universal right to vote.

Biometric National ID, get used to it.
    Do amendments past the 2nd just not exist in your world?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Do amendments past the 2nd just not exist in your world?
    The Court affirmed the district court's interpretation that our Constitution “does not protect the right of all citizens to vote, but rather the right of all qualified citizens to vote.” ... As a result, voting is not a right, but a privilege granted or withheld at the discretion of local and state governments.

The Court affirmed the district court's interpretation that our Constitution “does not protect the right of all citizens to vote, but rather the right of all qualified citizens to vote.” ... As a result, voting is not a right, but a privilege granted or withheld at the discretion of local and state governments.
    How the fuck did you pull that out of that ruling?

And the constitution also explicitly states that there can be no poll tax. So any ID that costs money cannot be a barrier to voting. As posted above, only 5 states offer free IDs. 45 states do not.

Edit: It must also be stated, again, that IDs that are required to vote must be easily accessible to all voters. As posted earlier, states with voter id laws have also been closing DMV stations in poor and black neighborhoods.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2017-05-12 at 03:24 AM.

15h, 19th, and 26th Amendments confirm voting is a right.
    The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.
    The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.
    The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

You have two and four years in between elections. If you cant get an id by then your just lazy. There's plenty of ways to get transportation to get to the dmv. or id office and they are not expensive. If you cant set aside 20 to 30 bucks in this time frame your an idiot who doesn't need to vote anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    15h, 19th, and 26th Amendments confirm voting is a right.
    See also: 24th, "The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shmiskywalke View Post
    You have two and four years in between elections. If you cant get an id by then your just lazy. There's plenty of ways to get transportation to get to the dmv. or id office and they are not expensive. If you cant set aside 20 to 30 bucks in this time frame your an idiot who doesn't need to vote anyway.
    Any ID that is required to vote cannot cost money.

And efforts cannot be made to make those IDs harder to get, like shutting down/destaffing DMV offices in poor/black areas.