Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Magnets how do they work?
    Well clearly it is some sort of magic.

Deleted
    So, this is how Trump is going to save those coal jobs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    I have to disagree here. This is the main battery so to speak of a aircraft carrier. If you can't fix it, the thing is essentially worthless. This is not some rail-gun on a destroyer that if you can't get it to work right you just take it off and put something else there, these ships will need extreme amounts of work to remove and replace the system.

I also don't see getting 90 years out of the ships design tbh. Technology improving faster and faster, I can't see any ship we make today being worth a bucket of spit nearly a century from now.

Again, just my opinion on a topic I know nearly nothing about.
    The first Nimitz Class was commissioned in 1975 (and is scheduled to remain in service until at least 2020), the last in 2009. If the last one serves 50 years, the class will have been in use for 84 years. The Fords were built with the future in mind, they produce 2X the power that the need right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Going steam is cost effective. That's Trump's rationale.
    It isnt long term though, and that is the point, to reduce lifetime costs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    So, this is how Trump is going to save those coal jobs...
    We should use coal powered warships with giant slingshots that shoot poor people at countries that don't pay for the walls we're going to build on their border.

Inb4 frickin sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their frickin heads.
    I mean honestly people, throw Trump a bone here.

Deleted
    Glorious president prefers the green solution for his carriers!

Boy Skroe is going to be kicking himself for missing this.

“I said, ‘You don’t use steam anymore for catapult?’ ‘No sir.’ I said, ‘Ah, how is it working?’ ‘Sir, not good. Not good. Doesn’t have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam’s going all over the place, there’s planes thrown in the air,’” Trump said in the interview.

“It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said—and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said, ‘What system are you going to be—‘ ‘Sir, we’re staying with digital.’ I said, ‘No you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good.’
    Every time I read something he's said I feel measurably dumber.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I can't stop crying. Not because our president recommended steam. Not that.

He is just making America so great and so strong..

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Well if anything this gives me hope he wouldn't even know how to use the nuclear launch codes, it's all digital.
    He'll just order someone to make him a goddamned steam nuclear football.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Is he right? Is steam better?
    Today? Yes.

But that doesn't mean "digital" shouldn't be worked on. If the military scrapped everything that was behind schedule or didn't initially work properly they wouldn't have half the stuff they have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Glorious president prefers the green solution for his carriers!
    Next move, he's going to taste, chew and sniff technology before giving his permission otherwise has his personal guard, two loin-clad axemen, taking care of those sorcerers of dark magicks and their assistant witches.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

“I said, ‘You don’t use steam anymore for catapult?’ ‘No sir.’ I said, ‘Ah, how is it working?’ ‘Sir, not good. Not good. Doesn’t have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam’s going all over the place, there’s planes thrown in the air,’” Trump said in the interview.

“It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said—and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said, ‘What system are you going to be—‘ ‘Sir, we’re staying with digital.’ I said, ‘No you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good.’
    Skroe wouldn't bother replying this level of idiocy i think or at least shouldn't. Worst thing ever happened to English language is the trump presidency i guess. Busch was at least hilarious to listen but trump...oh fuck me

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    http://thehill.com/policy/defense/33...craft-carriers

He is so out of touch
    A trebuchet would be able to throw a 90kg stone 300m away
    Jesus christ. This gets worse and worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Every time I read something he's said I feel measurably dumber.
    You have to understand he is a communication expert, in reaching the kind of people who voted for him this type of talk that for others is almost belittling the amount of adjectives he uses to explain what something is like but to his voters it's all great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Skroe wouldn't bother replying this level of idiocy i think or at least shouldn't. Worst thing ever happened to English language is the trump presidency i guess. Busch was at least hilarious to listen but trump...oh fuck me
    “There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

Bush had only a few of these gems, but this guy is breaking records who needs comedians making up stuff when you have this guy writing it all for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Going steam is cost effective. That's Trump's rationale.
    This is overshadowed by the fact Trump is a god damn fucking idiot.

Deleted
    Maybe they should change the age requirement to get on the ballot from 35+ to 35-55 or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not a Trump lover for sure, but there is merit to his line of thinking - steam is more reliable and way cheaper. Of course he made it sound really retarded, but well, the fact is that he at least is not a complete idiot about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You have to understand he is a communication expert, in reaching the kind of people who voted for him this type of talk that for others is almost belittling the amount of adjectives he uses to explain what something is like but to his voters it's all great.
    I swear he thinks superlatives are commas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Idiots like Trump, make me really glad that there are still people like Elon Musk in this world. If you feel bogged down by all this bullshit and fuckery here are a few links to brighten your day.

https://futurism.com/elon-musk-just-...nity-warranty/
    https://futurism.com/tesla-just-doub...d-of-schedule/

Great news for everyone, Tesla finally has their first major competitor.

https://futurism.com/a-veteran-autom...icles-by-2025/

The world is going to change in major ways over the coming decade and it is going to be absolutely glorious.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    With all the stuff going on since he got himself suspended I just hope his HDD is big enough for all the walls of texts he must be writing in preparation XD