Poll: Rate Legion (honestly)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    This is the first expansion since WotLK that I've raided at Hardmode/Mythic level, obviously the best content the game has to offer feels like it was designed for players like me. Raiding has lead to me re-subbing (not token) and playing since launch, honestly this is the only way I can play WoW and stick to it. All of my friends quit earlier on out of boredom just like they did in WoD/MoP and Cata, they are/were casual players.

For raiders I'd say it's probably business as usual, for casuals I still think the game fails to deliver.

8/10 from a Raider's point of view.
    As a casual who is mostly playing solo right now, I actually think it's a lot of fun. I have a lot of things to do on my main and I don't feel like I have to play alts just to have something to do in the game. Being able to log in and either do M+ dungeons or WQs and meaningfully progress my character without setting aside hours is great.
    Beta Club Brosquad

It is possibly the best expansion they have made. They just released it too late. Game was already like 11 years old when it came out. People are tired of the game and grinding. So they keep complaining about legion and the AP grind

They didn't complain about all the grinds in vanilla or tbc, cause it was new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    1. They designed the quests/chains to get you to 80 then still have lots to do at 80 (many of which gave gear still relevant or rep to buy it), by comparison WoD/Legion just had/have enough quests/chains to get you to 110.
    2. More dungeons.
    3. More raids.
    4. Justice/Valor system.

Generally more game
    Also more people to play with. Sad to say that matters.

7+ Year Old Account
    no, i would say wrath of the lich king is
    story, atmosphere, the raids, the teir sets, everything just so amazing, but its a close third, ahead of it is MoP, but it could pull ahead depending on how good 7.2.5, 7.3, and 7.3.5 are
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    As of right now, with 7,2 and the lack of TOS and 7.2.5 fixes, the game is a 7/10. The game keeps you playing and it rarely feels like you are on repeat of the same content. People who say, that it is a grind is quite right, but it is a diverse grind and brings alot of potential for you to have fun and interact.

The sad thing about it is, that the expansion still needs alot of polish and many of the changes made at launch are still in a poor state. The story is also in a situation, where it is either very good, as with Suramar or it is pretty bad, like with most of the central quests of the leveling experince. There are very few interesting characters left in the game and Legion has not done a good job introducing new characters, that can have a place in WoW lore ahead of Legion itself.

All in all, Legion is alright if not good. It is by far not the best expansion, since both TBC and Wrath beats it in multiple areas, but that does not stop Legion for being in the top 50% of wow expansions. It gets a 7/10.... Might get an 8/10 with 7.3, but lets see.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

It is very good expansion overall, but the main feature of 7.2 release (Broken Shore) was a major letdown. I expected something akin to Tannan Jungle&Timeless Isle&Suramar but I got dissapointing, uninteresting zone with worse than mediocre campaign tied to it. I am looking up for Tomb of Sargers in 7.2.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the best ever made, but its score is quite a solid 7-8
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    1. They designed the quests/chains to get you to 80 then still have lots to do at 80 (many of which gave gear still relevant or rep to buy it), by comparison WoD/Legion just had/have enough quests/chains to get you to 110.
    2. More dungeons.
    3. More raids.
    4. Justice/Valor system.

Generally more game
    So we are counting Ruby Sanct as raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    People are comparing broken shore, a VERY EARLY content patch (second tier of content is now even out) with the BEYOND ENDGAME content patch of other xpacks lol, I mean yeah we know you're fucking retarded you don't need to scream it on the rooftops.
    Most people are comparing the broken shore to things like Isle of Thunder (patch 5.2 in case you were not aware) which was leagues better then the broken shore, hell I'd be inclined to even say the Molten Front from cata (patch 4.2 another "very early content patch") was better then what we have gotten in the broken shore. I mean yeah we know you're fucking retarded you dont need to scream it on the rooftops.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Legion brought back a lot of players after 2 giant fucking flops of shitty retardfest xpacks AND is keeping most of them. Sure TBC and wrath didn't have to deal with that, the game was riding the hype train and it delivered but Legion managed something that is quite amazing for such an old and dying game.

I still think we need to wait for after the argus raid to really rate this xpack.
    Sure legion brought in a lot of players at the beginning but so did WoD, and while legion is holding water better then WoD its mainly following a flow of content akin to MoP but at a worse degree, MoPs biggest downfall was the length of SoO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Stupidity kills more people than Obesity, and Smoking combined.
    Now the question is, how do we get people to stop being stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You could probably do better. I have faith in you.
    Words to live by!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not even fucking close.

Content alone does not make an expansion.

Lets discuss other things that happened in Legion:

1. Horrendously thought out revamps of every class and spec, many of which resulted in the spec being butchered and not resembling it's former self at all. Feral Druids as an extreme example, every feral I knew quit because of the feral changes in Legion.

2. PvP balance is arguably the worst it's ever been.

3. in addition to #2, World PvP and duels aren't balanced at all because the method for which blizzard attempts (and fails miserably) to balance PvP doesn't even function in the open world.

4. Talents have never been more cookie cutter than they are now. Pick one based on fight having AoE or not, that is what just about every talent row is right now...

6. Wrong talent choices for "flavor" have never been more punishing.

7. AP grind is cancer.

8. By far the worst (most excessive) stat inflation we have ever seen, mostly because of AP... AP has inflated our damage/healing/health by about 50%, and yes, all of this IS a problem... It makes world PvP/duels even more of a trainwreck than it already is without a balancing system. Don't tell me people don't care about world PvP, PvP servers exist for exactly that reason and they are populated, those people care.

9. Fucking legendaries.

10. Too much RNG in Titanforging... Items shouldn't proc more than 5lvl upgrades.

11. Forcing the player to do timegated quest chains for basic character functionality, like the third relic slot.

Need I go on? This expansion is shit in everything but the amount of content it has... Gameplay wise, even WoD was better.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-05-12 at 03:32 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    It is possibly the best expansion they have made. They just released it too late. Game was already like 11 years old when it came out. People are tired of the game and grinding. So they keep complaining about legion and the AP grind

They didn't complain about all the grinds in vanilla or tbc, cause it was new.
    Too late for what? They still sell around 10 million boxes on launch (and God know how many more later), less people stay subed whole time, but this is change to gaming community in general - people have less time and want quick experience, so they treat expansion like other game - you only need to be on launch (for better experience) and near end of expansion to see whole stuff.

And whiners complain all the time no matter if it's Legion, WoD, WoTLK or BC. Opinion from person that is complaining (or praising) all the time is worth nothing and should be ignored.

Deleted
    I have to say worse than WoD... but then again i enjoyed WoD besides the lack of content. At least it didn't force me to constantly grind and classes were fun to play.

Tbh, i can't decide if it's worse than cataclysm or not, but it's down there. Grindy, boring pos.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelmc454 View Post
    Most people are comparing the broken shore to things like Isle of Thunder (patch 5.2 in case you were not aware) which was leagues better then the broken shore, hell I'd be inclined to even say the Molten Front from cata (patch 4.2 another "very early content patch") was better then what we have gotten in the broken shore. I mean yeah we know you're fucking retarded you dont need to scream it on the rooftops.

Sure legion brought in a lot of players at the beginning but so did WoD, and while legion is holding water better then WoD its mainly following a flow of content akin to MoP but at a worse degree, MoPs biggest downfall was the length of SoO.
    Yeah, completely retarded I forgot about Isle of thunder, which was fun.

Biggest downfall of MoP was the unbearably cringy and bad writing of the entire storyline IMO, that shit was torture, every single quest had something about an emo animal somewhere unable to handle it's little feelings so now an evil stain of dark shit was taking over. Jesus plz kill me.

SoO was way too long indeed but it was to give Blizz time to make the masterpiece that WoD was and - okay I'm kidding.

No but it's close.

TBC > MoP=Legion > WotLK > WoD > Cataclysm
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's okay.

Without titanforging and the AP grind however the game would've been abandoned a long time ago. The only reason most of us are running any content other than just logging in for raids is AP / the rare chance at a high TF upgrade. Beyond that it would just be WoD 2.0. They've found something good with titanforging though and they should stick with it, it's engaging whether plebs want to admit it or not. Yeah it sucks a little that it screws with Mythic raiding balance, but the simple solution to that is to scale gear to a set ilevel for Mythic raids. Problem solved without fucking up one of their better systems over the years.

Yeah I know plebs like to pretend that you're going to get a 925 upgrade in LFR, but you're about as likely to SEE that as winning the lottery, let alone actually have it happen for one of your items. Similar with normal. Heroic you may get one or two if you run the content consistently.

But really if it wasn't for titanforging, legendaries, and AP (mostly TF) I wouldn't ever run Mythic+, I wouldn't ever raid lower difficulties, I wouldn't ever touch previous tiers. I'd have just been logging in to raid and that's it and I'd have quit months ago.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

It's the best for lore. It's pretty annoying for collections. It's awful for accessibility and alts.

Legion's story is better, IMO, but MoP's storyTELLING was superior, at least in the first half of the expansion. Unfortunately it seems Blizzard didn't pay attention when they said they saw the feedback on 5.1's storytelling and claimed they were adapting it going forward, because a weekly-gated story isn't as good as a rep-based story where you get new story quests every few days, IMO.

I think you can easily make an argument for Legion being the best expansion. The only other contender for the title in my opinion would be Wrath.

Wrath to me had a much better storyline - and it felt like the culmination of the events from WC3 (and really the end of the Warcraft story).

However Legion has great story too, but what it also has going for it is almost another decade's worth of system refinement, polish and new features.

I'd give the edge to Legion.

My overall list would be:

Classic > Legion > Wrath > BC >>> Cata > MoP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WoD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post

Legion's story is better, IMO, but MoP's storyTELLING was superior, at least in the first half of the expansion.
    That's a good way to put it, I agree with this.

It's still pretty much my favorite expansion, but it did take a hit with 7.2. Ironically, the 7.2 story questline is so disappointing, because the Suramar questline was so good when it came to weekly content. If it hadn't set up that expectation, it wouldn't have been this big of an issue.

When it comes to the initial content, it takes the cake for me. The second tier thus far is meagre, and I do not enjoy the tier set being a remake. The transmog sets gathering was well received by me however.

7.3 has a lot of pressure on it. The final patch has an enormous role in how the expansion will be remembered. ICC being so solid is why people love Wrath so much, despite Naxx being a repeat and Trial of the Crusader being hated. And Dragon Soul brought Cata to a terrible end for most people, despite most enjoying the Firelands patch a lot.

So for now, it could go either way. Blizzard often but not always learns from mistakes, and right now, they have two conflicting interests. They have to make 7.3 totally kick-ass. But they also need to get the next expansion built as soon as possible. 7.3 will need tremendous resources. Mac'Aree is the Legion's greatest city. We're going to a whole other planet. We'll meet the Army of Light, which supposedly consists of a lot of different races. And it needs a very solid story and enjoyable raid.

That... is a lot of requirements for satisfaction. Blizzard is going to face a huge challenge. Can they pull it off?

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I loved it and I thought it was the best expansion they ever made but like WoD that excitement burned out pretty quickly. The questing was fun the first two times or so but after that it became kind of tiring because of how complex the landscape is and how many pointless enemies you run into making your journey to your destination VERY annoying. I understand that you have to put some danger in the world and I like when they do but not when it feels like I'm fighting a miniboss with every encounter I have. After a while though the game became very grindy and monotonous and the RNG is the absolute worst this time around. There's too much of it in this expansion and it feels like everything is ruled by RNG.

Also Blizzard tried too hard to make you feel super special like you're the chosen one and it just doesn't work, at least for me. The whole artifact weapon situation is awkward, un-immersive and when it is you are quickly taken right back out of it, and it just doesn't fit in an MMO. It feels like it belongs in a single player game. The whole time they try to make you feel like you're the only one with this legendary weapon, the leader of your class and yet you literally come across dozens of other players with the same exact weapon who you know are being told the same exact things you have been told, have the same class title, and the same followers. It's as if the other players are in some alternate parallel universe or it feels like I'm at a roleplay attraction at a fair where the ticketmaster tells each and every kid the same story as they enter inside.

Those are my thoughts anyway. It's an alright expansion I'm definitely having a better time with Legion than I was with WoD but it's not all that much better to be honest. I still feel like I'm stuck doing the same things I was doing back in WoD. Like nothing really changed except new scenery.