Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    That's a really interesting picture you are describing. I myself wish for something along those lines.

As long as they can properly explain non-entirely-corrupted environments it would be a good set-up for an expansion. Mac'Aree and surroundings are obviously going to be under heavy Legion influence, with grandiose Eredar architecture here and there, with little touches of fel and Legion influence even within the city, but preserving the Eredar legacy.

The Army of Light could conceivably be in control of certain areas that may be in a somewhat state of purification, even if we're talking about underground or isolated vales and mountains where guerrilla warfare might prove to be a problem to large Legion armies.

I think Argus would open up a whole new array of opportunities regarding world physics and natural landscapes, same as Outland did back in the day. But got to be really careful with overly "fel" environments as you mention, since Legion did not really put an incredible amount of focus on this apart from the Broken Shore and certain world areas, but still proved to cause fel fatigue for some.
    Argus as an expansion isn't happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Argus as an expansion isn't happening.
    I'm more than aware that Argus will most probably not make it as an expansion, we're just speculating as to what Argus could look like in such a hypothetical scenario.

Now, you did a great job at coming off as a prick, so kudos for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Argus alone may not be an expansion, but if they ever do a greater scope "Worlds of the Great Dark" type of expansion I'd imagine Argus might act as a centerpiece even post-Legion. 7.3 could be considered a taste of Argus if you will, and if reception proves positive it could certainly be revisited as an idea.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    I'm more than aware that Argus will most probably not make it as an expansion, we're just speculating as to what Argus could look like in such a hypothetical scenario.

Now, you did a great job at coming off as a prick, so kudos for that.
    Did I touch you in a bad spot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Argus alone may not be an expansion, but if they ever do a greater scope "Worlds of the Great Dark" type of expansion I'd imagine Argus might act as a centerpiece even post-Legion. 7.3 could be considered a taste of Argus if you will, and if reception proves positive it could certainly be revisited as an idea.
    In my opinion if Argus could ever be healed, it would take at least a bunch of Naaru, the Cenarion Circle and titan shennigans to even fix it. Since that's not likely(For now). Argus is looking like as Illidan said "The Abyss."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    In my opinion if Argus could ever be healed, it would take at least a bunch of Naaru, the Cenarion Circle and titan shennigans to even fix it. Since that's not likely(For now). Argus is looking like as Illidan said "The Abyss."
    Quite possible - although a broken and Outland-like Argus might be a workable setting as well. I'd personally like to see Argus healed and resettled by the Draenei at the close of the Legion arc (whenever it comes to an end). With everything that people have been through they kind of deserve their ancient home back.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

the scourge will be back, count on it.

besides, i think the LK is a pawn of the old gods now.

ICC is build out of saronite, an old god's blood.

Yogg saron has manipulated Bolvar somehow to resist arthas' torture attempts to break him.

Both Nerzhul and Bolvar are pawns of the old god's and arthas had a too strong will to be controlled, thus, they got rid of him.

You must question yourself how the old LK was able to resist the will of the burning legion and KJ? He got help from the old gods and ICC's saronite is the biggest proof for it.

So it will be scourge/naga/faceless/old god action.

I also believe the final boss of wow will be a VL who will manifest on azeroth by N'zoth absorbing his breathren's remains and partly the sleeping titan's energy. Void Lords need a powerful scource of energy to manifest in our universe.

Since Ion stated, we won't explore other planets but rather continents and isles on azeroth, this is my best guess on it.

Argus won't pass without a fight with sargeras. No idea if he gets destroyed, he escapes or joins us, but i think he will be done in a way. Maybe he gets obliteratd by a VL to show us how powerful they are. They need a "marketing" push.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I wonder... what if N'Zoth succeeds in corrupting Azeorth and we have to destroy her (final boss of next expansion) and the planet in the process? Where would we move?
    Nowhere. Gameplay > lore.

You killed the Lich King lorewise yet you (can) go back every week to smash his face.

Anyway, I doubt we will ever see Azeroth waking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Quite possible - although a broken and Outland-like Argus might be a workable setting as well. I'd personally like to see Argus healed and resettled by the Draenei at the close of the Legion arc (whenever it comes to an end). With everything that people have been through they kind of deserve their ancient home back.
    will never happen without the Titan Pantheon. They would be the only force in the universe, to reconstruct a broken world like argus/outland.

To restore order to the universe, the Titans must return, but since their bodies are destroyed that will require some work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post

You killed the Lich King lorewise yet you (can) go back every week to smash his face.

azeroth was always a great energy reservoir for the legion and old gods, N'Zoth will use the power of the sleeping titan to bring forth a void lord on azeroth.

Thats the only thing, worthy enough to fight us after Sargeras and all the old gods/arch demons we have faced, so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post

and we never killed the LK, we simply got rid of arthas.

And took out a problem of the old gods, like the stupid puppets on a string, that we are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I have a feeling Sargeras is going to get the boot from Argus once we get there if we don't defeat him entirely. You could be right about us fighting Azshara but I think that defeating Sargeras is going to enrage her because of her deep love for him and she will become a formidable foe.
    i can't imagine that only azeroth forces(without the sleeping titan) is able to ever finally defeat sargeras. Thats really a bit much to ask for. But i do think, the void will be involved in his downfall, somehow.

Or could anyone imagine sargeras and the legion beeing defeated by a bunch of mortal heros, azerothian guardians, naarus and the army of light? They are certainly powerful, but absoluty nothing in comparassion to a pantheon titan, let alone sargeras. What makes the titans strong is their endless wisdom over anything int he universe.(except the void)

I think they are more like an advanced ancient alien race. Both Titans and void lords could be translated into babylons 5: First ones Volons and Shadows. Their technical advancement was so extreme they seemed god-like.

That said, it surprises me sargeras is using some common demons to do his dirty work, instead of say, titanic, mindless fel creations.
    At least though, the legion has spaceships, what just underlines what i said before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    will never happen without the Titan Pantheon. They would be the only force in the universe, to reconstruct a broken world like argus/outland.

To restore order to the universe, the Titans must return, but since their bodies are destroyed that will require some work.
    There may come other Titans - perhaps ones unaccounted for in the Great Dark, or other forces in the Warcraft universe with the power needed to restore a world in whole or in part. Difficult to say what will ultimately happen, though.

I imagine Mac'Aree will look like Coruscant from Star Wars but more fel-greenish. The Legion has very advanced technology and it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to assume that Mac'Aree has futuristic architecture and tech.

Deleted
    Azshara and N'zoth are the next big things we'll be fighting. We'll finally get to murder Azshara, the single-most powerful mage on Azeroth. N'zoth is the last Old God, I dunno if C'thun and Yoggy are dead, my guess is no in both cases, but they're inactive, N'zoth is very much active and water-bound. However Blizzard would need to be clever around underwater zones as Vashj'ir did receive some measure of hate.

Nazjatar and the areas surrounding the underwater Maelstrom are a safe bet for raids or high level zones, but besides them we can also do a grand remake of Silithus and Ahn'qiraj and also the underground kingdom of the Nerubians, what we saw of Azjol-Nerub and Ahn'kahet was but a small piece of the vast Azjol Empire. The South Seas would be best served as staging grounds for the Alliance and Horde, but they're not really good material for anything bigger than that. The South Seas include Kezan, Lost Isles, Tel'abim, the remains of Zandalar and some other scattered islands. South Seas btw is not as big as you want to believe... Kul Tiras and the Broken Isles for example are not part of it and Zandalar is only barely within it. Broken Isles and Kul Tiras are further north, not within the south sea.

Anyways... It would be cool to have a new a garrison-like thing, but instead of a fort, you get a real big ship. Like the size of Zheng He's ship.

Though other ideas could be exploring other continents of Azeroth, searching for new resources and weapons to stock up. In order to be ready for coming conflicts from the cosmos, could make it interesting by it being a race with the naga and their old god allies to get your hands on these new resources/weapons, but you'll also have to be wary of the denizens which are quite literally completely unknown to everyone (maybe apart from Harrison Jones and Brann Bronzebeard), and with that you can even still make use of the massive ship idea to circle this/these new continents, including capital cities in form of capital zeppelins in form of Gallywix's super-zeppelin and some massive air ship built by the gnomes. Would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    the scourge will be back, count on it.

besides, i think the LK is a pawn of the old gods now.

ICC is build out of saronite, an old god's blood.

Yogg saron has manipulated Bolvar somehow to resist arthas' torture attempts to break him.

Both Nerzhul and Bolvar are pawns of the old god's and arthas had a too strong will to be controlled, thus, they got rid of him.

You must question yourself how the old LK was able to resist the will of the burning legion and KJ? He got help from the old gods and ICC's saronite is the biggest proof for it.

So it will be scourge/naga/faceless/old god action.

I also believe the final boss of wow will be a VL who will manifest on azeroth by N'zoth absorbing his breathren's remains and partly the sleeping titan's energy. Void Lords need a powerful scource of energy to manifest in our universe.

Since Ion stated, we won't explore other planets but rather continents and isles on azeroth, this is my best guess on it.

Argus won't pass without a fight with sargeras. No idea if he gets destroyed, he escapes or joins us, but i think he will be done in a way. Maybe he gets obliteratd by a VL to show us how powerful they are. They need a "marketing" push.
    I really, REALLY doubt that, since it would basically just be another "Old Gods corrupted/influenced/controlled"-Someone thing, and that is pretty overdone by now. I mean, come on, there are way more interesting directions the LK storyline can take than just "old gods made him their pawn just like Deathwing".

Seems cool to me , I'd play it. I think we might actually get the South Seas expansion, because considering how far we are into the product life cycle and how they listened to the players demand for DHs. I mean the SS have been among the top choices since like WotLK. It could also bridge the story line leading to a culmination in the expac after that. So 7th expac SS, and 8th void lords.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    I really, REALLY doubt that, since it would basically just be another "Old Gods corrupted/influenced/controlled"-Someone thing, and that is pretty overdone by now. I mean, come on, there are way more interesting directions the LK storyline can take than just "old gods made him their pawn just like Deathwing".
    Highmountain
    Memory of Arthas whispers: You believe that you are in control, that your will is your own...
    Memory of Arthas whispers: Yet you do as He commands.
    Memory of Arthas whispers: You exist by His whim alone.
    Memory of Arthas whispers: You imagine yourself to be free, but you will always be His instrument...
    It's possible that the Void Lords are going to spit Arthas back out and make him First Of Dimensius's Void Knights. Maybe so he can have a rematch with Illidan, Champion of Light.
    The last quote seems like quite a stretch, but would perhaps make sense with what that "return of the lichking" Expansion "leak" seems to imply by bringing back arthas for apparently no reasion. Its very easy to say its all fake, but we know Blizzard's WoD and its early iron Horde speculation and how nobody believed that, just followed by the Illidan Novel and how he became, rather unexpected to say it mildly, a Champion of the Naaru.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2017-05-14 at 02:15 AM.

They should bring Arthas back as a redemption memory and then leave him.
    Arthas deserve a better ending, frostmourne corrupted him and he should find peace at last ..

Bringing him back again as a bad guy .. that's just overuse //

Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    They should bring Arthas back as a redemption memory and then leave him.
    Arthas deserve a better ending, frostmourne corrupted him and he should find peace at last ..

Bringing him back again as a bad guy .. that's just overuse //
    Since his story was butchered, Kael'thas is the only lore character that should be given a character rewrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Since his story was butchered, Kael'thas is the only lore character that should be given a character rewrite.
    Well, "Madness" this what happened to Kael'thas. Later they said this also what happened to Illidan and Deathwing and many other characters.
    It seems if they want to kill someone they just say he went insane and put him in a raid.

I'm pretty sure it will be oldgod/sea related with n'zoth and all

Simply going to one world and defeating an entire demonic army that overwhelmed the universe and took it by fire and force... feels stupid, don't you think? We've seen that they have dozens upon dozens of spaceships as we fight the watcher atop Karazhan in the Twisting Nether. We know they have control of countless worlds. We know that all those demons can still regenerate despite having lost some of their lieutenants. Kil'jaeden isn't the endgame and he can be replaced.

An expansion that deals with the Burning Legion for good shouldn't have us go to Argus only. It should be multiple different worlds, with different environments, enemies and tasks(ie not like the current ones where we have one or two scenarios on each, but proper worlds to explore and do dungeons/raids/WQs on). I'd be seriously disappointed if the Burning Legion is dealt with in this expansion. A temporary victory would be alright, but nothing definite.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-05-14 at 11:09 PM.