Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Some graphics are improved.

The combat revamp is. . . different.

Have they lifted the NDA yet? xD
    more interested to know in optimisation, just need to know if it runs better or worse then the original game, granted its a Beta but the engine shouldn't be in a beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    more interested to know in optimisation, just need to know if it runs better or worse then the original game, granted its a Beta but the engine shouldn't be in a beta.
    I get the FEELING it is better optimized and that it MIGHT run better than it used too by a POSSIBLY large margin.

Theoritically, you mean

They really need a month of non-nda beta to pull in more, get additional opinions, etc.

It SEEMS like the game could still use a lot of work. It SEEMS like they should work harder to make weapons feel good, especially energizing with the off weapon.

I have a FEELING that the forums are POSSIBLY echo chambers, or MAYBE the feedback isn't always taken to heart.
    It seems like funcom pulled another funcom and if this game is releasing in a month they POSSIBLY couldn't be making any sweeping changes.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Theoritically, you mean
    TOTALLY, that's right. This is all theory. Hypothetical, even.

Does it SEEM like there's going to POSSIBLY be a console port? Does anyone have any FEELINGS either way?

TOTALLY, that's right. This is all theory. Hypothetical, even.
    Given how you feel, do you feel if there is going to be even a partial controller support?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I get this strong FEELING it could go to console. Some videos show a limited action bar, simple set up, and semi improved interaction with the world.

I imagine the revamp was to push for a console port if the relaunch does even remotely well on PC.

As I recall, this was mentioned in a dev interview too.

I'd IMAGINE that MAYBE, the biggest things now would be to improve some weapons. From what MAY have been seen, it LOOKS like some special effects on weapons are too passive.

Yeah, Funcom has been quiet when asked about console ports but it seems pretty clear they're setting SWL up for it if things go well on PC.

Which I'm pretty down with, new market/revenue source to pull from, even if I doubt it will be a big hit on consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, Funcom has been quiet when asked about console ports but it seems pretty clear they're setting SWL up for it if things go well on PC.

Which I'm pretty down with, new market/revenue source to pull from, even if I doubt it will be a big hit on consoles.
    It certainly hits a very specific niche, but with it being free, I could see myself having a second account just to casually play it on a big television versus my monitor.

It'll certainly have the ability to draw people in by being free. Plenty will give it a try. That first hour or so of gameplay will be critical though. I hope they nail it.

It certainly hits a very specific niche, but with it being free, I could see myself having a second account just to casually play it on a big television versus my monitor.

It'll certainly have the ability to draw people in by being free. Plenty will give it a try. That first hour or so of gameplay will be critical though. I hope they nail it.
    If controller is fully supported, i'm going to play it with Steam Link on the couch. Side question - will the old client be patched for the new release or i'll need to download everything again?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    If controller is fully supported, i'm going to play it with Steam Link on the couch. Side question - will the old client be patched for the new release or i'll need to download everything again?
    I don't think it is, at least at launch. I'll try to dig it up, but I feel like I caught part of an interview where the Funcom cat was asked about controller support and said that it wasn't currently planned.

And a new client. The old version of the game is getting put in maintenance mode, so it will still be running. It's basically replacing the old MMO in the Steam store (already has) so there's not even a way to purchase the base game any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Eh, engine isn't exactly the best, spell effects donì't look exactly nice. ANyway - it's going to be f2p. I'll be in for the story, and see how it pans out. If combat is decent and story is involving, it will do fine. If combat is bad though people won't be bothered much.
    I like the new Spell FX. It's a vast improvement over Vanilla IMO. One of the few things I didn't like about TSW was Spell FX and Sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    I like the new Spell FX. It's a vast improvement over Vanilla IMO. One of the few things I didn't like about TSW was Spell FX and Sounds.
    I like some of the new stuff, but feel sad about others being removed. Especially some of the more iconic visuals for certain weapon abilities.

---------------------------------------------------

I'd like if they just released their NDA already so information on it could flow freely. It's coming out officially in just under a month. (June 26)

They made a statement over leaks before, saying that they wanted to avoid misunderstandings and misconceptions about the game. But if those misconceptions and misunderstandings are still possible with just 1 month to go, I'm worried for the state of the game.

If the beta testing community has simply become an echo chamber, players outside will go into this re-release of a game and be confused as to how some decisions were made.

They could really use a month of open input from more players, those with fresh minds who haven't been in the beta long enough to "Get used to it". That new insight could be vital in making some final changes to make this game's re-release a success.

With how much they want to hide it, it feels like they aren't proud of their product and are afraid of these "misconceptions" ruining their attempts to market the game. But if people dive in with their previous expectations being from TSW, they may get bombarded by negative reviews on Steam for not making some of these changes open to public knowledge prior.

They've put in several new systems in place and only hint or give a tiny glance of them in their News or short videos. But without it being given more depth, the player base stuck outside of beta are filled with questions and scratching their heads. They can't give input, provide opinions, or much else. They are stuck making assumptions, or being unable to discuss it at all.

TheHive whatever at MMORPG.com has a video up showing a lot of the changes.

I recommend give it a watch.

It's not coming out in June anymore, the delayed it a month until July 31 to get away from ESO/FFXIV expansions.

It's not coming out in June anymore, the delayed it a month until July 31 to get away from ESO/FFXIV expansions.
    Source?

I keep seeing people make this claim with no source. The official website released a news post that still says June 26th two days ago.

Oh, I found it.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/215280...4229086811420/

Due to crowded market conditions with multiple MMO releases in May/June on
    Steam, the Company has decided to hold back the Steam launch until 31st of July
    They're only pushing back the Steam release. The stand alone launcher will still be available on June 26th.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2017-05-29 at 01:10 AM.

I like some of the new stuff, but feel sad about others being removed. Especially some of the more iconic visuals for certain weapon abilities.

---------------------------------------------------

I'd like if they just released their NDA already so information on it could flow freely. It's coming out officially in just under a month. (June 26)

They made a statement over leaks before, saying that they wanted to avoid misunderstandings and misconceptions about the game. But if those misconceptions and misunderstandings are still possible with just 1 month to go, I'm worried for the state of the game.

If the beta testing community has simply become an echo chamber, players outside will go into this re-release of a game and be confused as to how some decisions were made.

They could really use a month of open input from more players, those with fresh minds who haven't been in the beta long enough to "Get used to it". That new insight could be vital in making some final changes to make this game's re-release a success.

With how much they want to hide it, it feels like they aren't proud of their product and are afraid of these "misconceptions" ruining their attempts to market the game. But if people dive in with their previous expectations being from TSW, they may get bombarded by negative reviews on Steam for not making some of these changes open to public knowledge prior.

They've put in several new systems in place and only hint or give a tiny glance of them in their News or short videos. But without it being given more depth, the player base stuck outside of beta are filled with questions and scratching their heads. They can't give input, provide opinions, or much else. They are stuck making assumptions, or being unable to discuss it at all.
    If there's a nda all the way to release they are clearly trying to hide a unfinished questionable product and want people to get into the game blindly. It'll backfire though. Ill probably wait a year before checking this out again
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Source?

I keep seeing people make this claim with no source. The official website released a news post that still says June 26th two days ago.

Oh, I found it.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/215280...4229086811420/

They're only pushing back the Steam release. The stand alone launcher will still be available on June 26th.
    Steam is the only way to play the game when it launches. There's not going to be a stand-alone launcher as far as I know.

Steam is the only way to play the game when it launches. There's not going to be a stand-alone launcher as far as I know.

The launch through our own channels will go ahead as planned on the 26th of June
    Same link..