Thread: American cheese

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Didn't we just have a thread about American cheese a couple days ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    American cheese, the shit the rest of the world doesn't want due to the amount of hormones and artificial ingredients that the largest American cheese makers put in it. Trump got so butthurt because Canada happens to produce better cheese (which is a fucking fact) and we don't try to flood the market nor use artificial flavors our cheeses nor do we inject our dairy cows with hormones. Trump needs to understand that Canada does a lot of shit better and shouldn't try to be a big stupid cunt and cry over NAFTA because we happen to have more trees for softwood lumber and a vastly superior dairy industry that looks after the health of the consumers by not using hormones and steroids on their animals. Fuck American cheese right in the pooper
    Canada produced this so I have to wonder what is in your foods that you aren't aware of.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Didn't we just have a thread about American cheese a couple days ago?
    Every thread is American something or other unless tennisball is spamming this forum with garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not really cheese, but it melts better than most cheeses. I prefer extra sharp Cheddar, Swiss or Cream Havarti myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    France alone has more cheese flavours than the rest of europe, i think. And still a lot of competition here.
    Sorry, but no; american cheese for sure cannot hold a candle to everything outside of US.
    Nope, we make more cheese than the french.

http://www.newsweek.com/britain-prod...-france-484465

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    What's the difference between American and cheddar?
    How dare you

American cheese is highly processed crap.

But then perhaps you smoke and can't taste anything in any case.

Deleted
    American cheese is probably the nastiest cheese I've ever tasted.

7+ Year Old Account
    American is good there, but try having swiss in your sandwiches.
    - says Ralph

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    like I said earlier, Cold that stuff is hella nasty. On the right things, it melds with the tastes well. That said I prefer cheddar over American cheese any day. I've also never went out of my way to try other cheeses. Being a picky eater I hate trying new things.
    Get yourself some garlic/crusty bread, get Camembert and bake it, dip bread in and eat. Your life will be better afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    american cheese is a blight that needs to be eradicated

It not only tastes worse than real cheese its also really unhealthy because of all the phosphate thats in this shit to make it melt better.

even tofu is more cheese than this yellow thing :|

and i can bet even that EU commissions would put that thing more dangerous that "casu marzu"

It's pretty good on a cheeseburger or grilled cheese. Kind of a weird processed product, but useful and cheap.

I think most of the "OMG it's so nasty" is basically just a form of classism and/or anti-Americanism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I think most of the "OMG it's so nasty" is basically just a form of classism and/or anti-Americanism.
    Stop making gross products and anti-Americanism might stop

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So just got home from work and I was starving. So I made a cheese sandwich as I haven't had one for a while. American cheese makes these sandwiches so much better than any other cheese I've tried. Except for cheddar. Cheddar is good on them too. What do you guys think?
    you need to elaborate on "American Cheese"

Those Cheese slices that are only fit for burgers and can only be labeled as "Processed Cheese" or "American Cheese" and not just Cheese slices.
    The stuff in a tin that is barely edible by human standards and looks like something a builder might use as insulation.
    or real blocks of cheese that are made in America, Such as Monterey Jack.

There is a huge difference. The processed sliced stuff is horrid, I have taken it off shop made sandwiches and when getting a burger make sure there is none on it.
    Real cheese though, it makes any food more amazing!

15+ Year Old Account
    "American cheese" i.e. toast cheese gets sold here too however it's low-end cheese when short of sifting through your local chemical plant's refuse you absolutely don't want to go lower
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Like everybody I enjoy melted sliced cheese in my burger but it's nowhere near a true cheese meal.
    If you ever have the chance to come to europe (or any contrie where raw milk cheese is allowed) go to a fine cremerie and ask for a "plateau de fromage", half a dozen is quite cheap and it'll work great. Buy a goob white wine (or even red if you'd like), some charcuterie, black cherry jam (it goes so well with goat cheese) and some fresh baguette.

Enjoy your food orgasm with a great meal with litteraly not effort requiered to make it !

(sorry for my english)

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It's pretty good on a cheeseburger or grilled cheese. Kind of a weird processed product, but useful and cheap.

I just bought 2 pounds, a bit less than a kilo, for $3.80 from Walmart. That's some cheap ass cheese. It's not bad and it certainly is best for melty stuff like putting it on hamburgers or making grilled cheese sandwiches. Real cheese gets nasty when you melt it.

All process cheese is is that they include the whey. Real cheese they throw the whey out. But leaving the whey in means they have to add an emulsifier, emulsifiers are modern hightechery.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-05-14 at 12:56 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Something about Kraft American Cheese is what people generally think of when they hear American Cheese, but that's not actually American Cheese?

Like someone else said, it's some mixture of cheddar and other cheeses originally.
    Truthfully- I wouldn't consider Kraft singles "american cheese." It's more like "american cheese product." You can be buy american cheese in a deli and it is very different from the Kraft single.

American cheese is based of cheddar. Cheddar doesn't really melt well (due to the oil), so they tried to create a cheese that was like cheddar but melted and was good for sandwiches. That's how we got american cheese.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    That's because it's basically fat.
    Most cheese has a lot of fat and oil, no?