Deleted

Logitech MX518 successor

So the successor of my undestructible Logitech MX510 has some issues of late... and after 14 years these two followed me I look for a worthy successor!

You know the mouse I look for! Tell me.

Logitech G400s.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Logitech g400s is impossible to find in some countries.

The new successor is the Logitech G403 Prodigy. An absolutely amazing mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Logitech g400s is impossible to find in some countries.

The new successor is the Logitech G403 Prodigy. An absolutely amazing mouse.
    It's not nearly the same shape. Feel a lot like some Razer mice I used before.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate the way gaming mice look today. I'd hate to see how they function as well. I'm using the Steelseries Sensei Raw and the damn thing is amazing. I've had this since 2012 or 2013. But when it comes to Linux support it's just not there. Logitech devices though has pretty decent support on Linux. I've bought two Razer mice before and I will never buy another Razer product again. Absolute shit, and their drivers are abandonware. Oddly not totally terrible Linux support.

The Logitech MX518 does indeed look like a mouse. Can't say how it works since I haven't used one, but most other mice today look like something out of Transformers. Michael Bay Transformers.

Close to the same size and button set up as the mx 518, just missing that middle button on the top between the wheel and cord.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

g500s is what i replaced my mx518 with.. but then i realised, eh try something new. 2014 naga chroma has been working out great for me~

but as always this stuff comes down to personal preference. some people cannot get along with logitech or razer xyz, but love to death their £5 chinese made no-name mouse.

try stuff out and whatever works for you, embrace it.

I have one of those rotting away in a cupboard, one of the worst I ever bought (imo anyways, does not do it for me at all despite all the good reviews)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Logitech G400s.
    That's the official one and I read no good stuff about it. I thought MX510 & MX518 had this cult status so in that sense I look for a successor. Rock solid, comfy, "cult"

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    That's the official one and I read no good stuff about it. I thought MX510 & MX518 had this cult status so in that sense I look for a successor. Rock solid, comfy, "cult"
    I have it and it honestly feels just like the original one. The only difference is the skates (which is a good thing imo, old ones were horrible), "paint" and improved sensor (which is able to to up to 4000 DPI). It probably wont last at long as the original but mine is already 3+ years old with no problems so far.

If you're not looking for a direct replacement I can only say that you wont be getting 10+ years with any mice sold today, and the thing closest to being called "cult" today is probably SteelSeries Sensei.

I'm a fan of the MX Master. Best mouse I've ever used, to be frank. It may be wireless, but you'll hardly notice that (and you can run it wired if you so desire)

Quote Originally Posted by capalex65 View Post
    I'm a fan of the MX Master. Best mouse I've ever used, to be frank. It may be wireless, but you'll hardly notice that (and you can run it wired if you so desire)
    I had the original performance MX before I bought my G602 and gave it to a friend. I can't imagine how much better the master could get, considering how amazing the old one was. When I browse for a new mouse, I always have it at the top of my list.

Hello, I have Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum. It works really well. One of the best mouse I have ever used. I recommend you that you should try it.

Deleted
    I tested like 13 mice and finally ended up with the Meduz from GeIL. I wonder if amazon will ban me for this :P

The 403 Logitech made my thumb hurt so much - the grip is an abomination compared to the 518

10+ Year Old Account
    My MX-510 died recently after 12+ years (yay the good ol cs days).

I ended up getting a g900 and haven't looked back. The sensor on the g900 is flawless and input lag is non-existent.
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2017-06-25 at 11:54 PM.