Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    No because in your opinion that disqualifies them. That's the entire point.
    Then explain how they are qualified. You said they are qualified, so prove it. That's the entire point.

10+ Year Old Account
    neither are the several committees and various intelligence agencies either according to democrats.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are opinions and the only one losing their mind is you and the democrats lol
    To a Trumpette Inconvenient facts = "fake news" "opinions" "LIES" "LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!"
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Opinions?
    Rick Perry being an unqualified person for the department of energy, Betsy DeVos being a supremely unqualified choice for the department of education... is a fucking opinion now?
    what the fuck you trumpettes drink or eat, to be blind to these basic facts? or is it that you people are part of the anti intelectualism movement?
    You just have to use a different criteria. Those people are EXTREMELY qualified to run those departments into the ground and make sure that no progress is made or even worse progress under previous administrations is rolled back. Witness the racist keebler elf sessions deciding to use for profit prisons again. Steve Mnuchin is incredible qualified to cause another recession.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2017-05-14 at 04:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember: to someone in Trump's rabid fanbase, feelings are more important than fact. I know, it's something they like to paint other people with, but let's review:
    -- they feel that they are were not safer
    -- they feel that the economy was worse
    -- they feel like they're losing more in taxes to the government
    -- they feel like brown people are taking their jobs
    -- they feel like coal was dying due to regulations, and not, for example, nobody wanting to buy coal.
    -- they feel like their voice, that of the 35-to-65 white male, was being lost

So they elected someone who made them feel good, who said things they felt were true. Objective demonstrations that these were all untrue didn't feel right, so they were ignored. And now, their chosen candidate is left trying to force things through the system -- oh right, they feel that someone who spent a lifetime and hundreds of millions on lobbying was an outsider here to bring change, they feel that someone who ran six bankrupt companies will do fine with the conplexity of the US government, they feel that someone with no military experience knows better than the generals -- things that are based on provable falsehoods. Or, in some cases, the promises based on things that felt true were simply abandoned. Better coverage for more people for less money? Felt great. Impossible. Only using US steel? Felt great. Not happening. Lowering taxes on everyone while balancing the budget? Felt great. Not happening. Someone who would never leave the White House and never go golfing? Felt great. Lasted under 24 hours. A transparent White House free of corruption? Felt wonderful. Then he fired Comey.

Those feelings are now showing up at town halls, and guess what? They're feeling angry. The difference is, this time they have facts to back them up.

What are the stages of grief, and in which order?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Remember: to someone in Trump's rabid fanbase, feelings are more important than fact. I know, it's something they like to paint other people with, but let's review:
    -- they feel that they are were not safer
    -- they feel that the economy was worse
    -- they feel like they're losing more in taxes to the government
    -- they feel like brown people are taking their jobs
    -- they feel like coal was dying due to regulations, and not, for example, nobody wanting to buy coal.
    -- they feel like their voice, that of the 35-to-65 white male, was being lost

So they elected someone who made them feel good, who said things they felt were true. Objective demonstrations that these were all untrue didn't feel right, so they were ignored. And now, their chosen candidate is left trying to force things through the system -- oh right, they feel that someone who spent a lifetime and hundreds of millions on lobbying was an outsider here to bring change, they feel that someone who ran six bankrupt companies will do fine with the conplexity of the US government, they feel that someone with no military experience knows better than the generals -- things that are based on provable falsehoods. Or, in some cases, the promises based on things that felt true were simply abandoned. Better coverage for more people for less money? Felt great. Impossible. Only using US steel? Felt great. Not happening. Lowering taxes on everyone while balancing the budget? Felt great. Not happening. Someone who would never leave the White House and never go golfing? Felt great. Lasted under 24 hours. A transparent White House free of corruption? Felt wonderful. Then he fired Comey.

Those feelings are now showing up at town halls, and guess what? They're feeling angry. The difference is, this time they have facts to back them up.

What are the stages of grief, and in which order?
    Denial, Anger, Grief, Sadness and Acceptation i think
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    How many bankruptcies before it's not a talking point? Your target is six.

Siring offspring is not a moral or ethical character trait. Snails have children. They just don't appoint them to White House jobs for which they are unqualified. That's called nepotism. And corruption.

What percent of your employees are you morally or ethically allowed to not pay, despite contractual obligations? I'd say it's zero.

The ripping off of employees, the bankruptcies, grab them by the pussy, the blatant lies, the use of his office for personal gain, and firing of Comey are, in fact, the way it was. Trump has flat-out admitted every single one of them, except the lying, but that's objectively demonstrated.

See above.

An increasing number don't. Hey, who loans Trump money any more? Is it the Russians? Trump's family said it was the Russians.

No, you end up in court being sued. Hey, how's Trump University doing? Still shut down? Still massive lawsuit against him? That's neat. Guess how many other times Trump was taken to court, and lost. Is it dozens? Hundreds? Is it a thousand?

Guess.

No really, guess. We're all anxious to see your answer.

Or -- and bear with me, this is a difficult concept for some people to grasp -- if the coverage is 80% negative based on actual objectively true evidence, maybe it's because Trump is really that bad of a person? How many times have you broken a contract? I bet it's zero.

And there it is.

The whining, desperate, deplorable cry of the Trump rabid fan so fearful they backed a blatantly dishonest, blatantly corrupt, blatantly unqualified, blatantly evil person that, cringing in the corner, hugging their knees as they tremble, cry out into the night, hoping it will somehow help:

"But her emaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaails"

Maybe that's not Godwin's Law, but it's proof enough you have no valid defense anymore. And, what's more, even you know this.

Ignored.
    if Trump went bankrupt 6x shouldn't he be broke? instead hes estimated to be worth 3.5B

appointing his kids to white house jobs, Nepotism exists everywhere even if people claim it does not. It is unusual to appoint your own kids but not illegal

not paying workers or employees - thats shady i'll give you that one for sure.

the grab em by the pussy comments? thats locker room talk. if you've ever been in a guys locker room they'll usually say much worse, or even just hanging with your friends and they see a hot girl walk by, friends may behave like idiots.

firing the director? again bad timing for Trump but the democrats wanted Comey gone as well, just after the election ended.

using the presidency for personal business gain? again unusual but is it illegal? who knows. Everyone gains something, Obama gets paid $300,000 to give a speech so all of his donors can wash their bribe money

the problem is even if Trump tries to do something positive, the news constantly spins it as negative coverage. I believe theres a massive liberal bias in the media compared to Trump vs when the press was covering Obama, and a bigger question is, is it fair?

again, you can also lump all Trump voters together but they voted for him for different reasons. He seemed like an outsider, he wasn't a politician. Hes a terrible liar, he might bring back jobs to the country somehow, he doesn't deal with this pc nonsense.
    Last edited by announced; 2017-05-14 at 06:55 AM.

if he went bankrupt how does he still have money?
    he loses other people's money on some deals. gets them to invest in something that's a pos then walks away after it falls apart.

he doesn't always pay his debts which is why he had to get money from Russia since american banks wouldn't give him any

he's almost always had a scam going, like Trump university, to keep money coming in etc...

grab pussy comment just locker room talk
    I played football in school and have been in locker rooms plenty of times in my life. Sure, some gross stuff gets said. But I can't recall anyone bragging about being able to get away with sexual assault like Trump did. If they had I wouldn't have let it slide because there are women in my life that I care about. I sure as hell wouldn't want anyone groping their crotch and getting away with it.

Trump doing something positive
    Well... I suppose if you're conservative the only thing you can really point to is the supreme court. Almost everything else he's done has ranged from bad to incompetent.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    if Trump went bankrupt 6x shouldn't he be broke? instead hes estimated to be worth 3.5B

appointing his kids to white house jobs, Nepotism exists everywhere even if people claim it does not. It is unusual to appoint your own kids but not illegal

not paying workers or employees - thats shady i'll give you that one for sure.

the grab em by the pussy comments? thats locker room talk. if you've ever been in a guys locker room they'll usually say much worse, or even just hanging with your friends and they see a hot girl walk by, friends may behave like idiots.

firing the director? again bad timing for Trump but the democrats wanted Comey gone as well, just after the election ended.

using the presidency for personal business gain? again unusual but is it illegal? who knows. Everyone gains something, Obama gets paid $300,000 to give a speech so all of his donors can wash their bribe money

the problem is even if Trump tries to do something positive, the news constantly spins it as negative coverage. I believe theres a massive liberal bias in the media compared to Trump vs when the press was covering Obama, and a bigger question is, is it fair?

again, you can also lump all Trump voters together but they voted for him for different reasons. He seemed like an outsider, he wasn't a politician. Hes a terrible liar, he might bring back jobs to the country somehow, he doesn't deal with this pc nonsense.
    I'm convinced he's actually going to have to shoot someone on 5th Avenue to get some people's heads in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    I'm convinced he's actually going to have to shoot someone on 5th Avenue to get some people's heads in the game.
    Oh, you know it'd just end up like: "FAKE NEWS!" "It was a commie, good riddance!"

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    When people say "Basically" that means "not at all". You're chuggin the kool aid if you really believe this has anything to do with the Clinton case. What a convenient time. Trump doesn't give two shits about that. Trump is worried and he's scrambling. But that's neither here nor there. Because Trump could hold a press conference tomorrow and say "I Donald Trump, sold classified United States of America information to Russia for my own personal profit." and his supporters would still defend him. That's how pathetic and partisan things have gotten.
    Well that's what the official letter said. So unless you have information to the contrary...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Well that's what the official letter said. So unless you have information to the contrary...
    It seems odd that Trump should fire a man for actions he cheered on him doing though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Trump said in an interview that the Russia investigation was why he fired Comey and he previously praised Comey. His words are going to haunt him just like they did for the muslim ban. His entire staff can't get their story straight. Changing your story is what you do when your innocent, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm late to the party, but his tweet regarding Comey was just so bizarre. Even as a fan of Trump's policies you've got to admit that right?

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Betsy de Vos - no education job experience and generally clueless about education, as shown in her confirmation hearing.
    Ben Carson - no housing job experience.
    Rick Perry - wanted to eliminate the Department of Energy before he was picked to run it.
    Rex Tillerson - no government or diplomatic experience (and no, oil deals don't count toward Secretary of State).
    Scott Pruitt - has often fought against the organization he now leads
    Jeff Sessions - too racist to be confirmed in the 1980s, has called to reinstate the War on Drugs, because it's worked so well in the past.

They are not qualified, as anyone who doesn't have blinders on would plainly see. And you can't prove me wrong on the dog thing. Trump's losing his goddamn mind with every passing day.
    Some additions

Rick Perry he thought he was going to be the ambassador for oil companies
    http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...ary-job-report

That alone should be enough to understand what his other nominees are and I'm surprised that this wasn't front page news at that time, just a few sidelines articles which was more like ''oh silly rick having another oeps moment'' since he thought he was just going to be the mouthpiece of the oil and gas industry.
    Last edited by ati87; 2017-05-14 at 12:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Some additions

Rick Perry he thought he was going to be the ambassador for oil companies
    http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...ary-job-report

That alone should be enough to understand what his other nominees are and I'm surprised that this wasn't front page news at that time, just a few sidelines articles which was more like ''oh silly rick having another oeps moment'' since he thought he was just going to be the mouthpiece of the oil and gas industry.

I mean, what really gets me is how cartoonishly evil and stupid these picks are. Like, if The Simpsons had come out with a line-up like this, President Burns unveiling his Cabinet of Sinister Robes, it would've been a pretty good joke. "Mr. Pruitt, what are your plans for the EPA?" "Well, protecting the environment is expensive, so we're going to save taxpayers money by making sure there is less environment around that we have to protect." "Eeeeeexcellent."

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, what really gets me is how cartoonishly evil and stupid these picks are. Like, if The Simpsons had come out with a line-up like this, President Burns unveiling his Cabinet of Sinister Robes, it would've been a pretty good joke. "Mr. Pruitt, what are your plans for the EPA?" "Well, protecting the environment is expensive, so we're going to save taxpayers money by making sure there is less environment around that we have to protect." "Eeeeeexcellent."
    They're trying really damn hard to turn the country into a dictatorship. They will *probably* fail, but it's still not 100% certain at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    As the other poster said, not having any qualification for the job, disqualifies you to doing said job.
    i wouldnt in my fucking right mind hire someone to be part of the stock market as a trader/broker/analyst if he/she doesnt have those qualifications (like a college degree in Business/economics with a postgraduate degree in finance, or a computational analysis degree, with a postgraduate in economics), or at least an extensive curriculum that can make it up for any holes in formal education. Those people have neither
    I like the example of getting a hair cut. How many people go to their local community college/beauty school and get free hair cuts from students studying to be barbers? I don't believe there are many... I personally put down at least 20 bucks on a hair cut and I'm balding. This is the disconnect with reality Trump support dealt with. They voted in a president with credentials, that they wouldn't trust their freaking hair to... Free haircuts is just too much to risk for your hair in hands of those just learning, but the country is just fine.

The interesting part that no one talks about. Trump's sister is more qualified to be president than Trump is:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryanne_Trump_Barry

A Republican,[6] Barry was nominated to be a judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit by Democratic President Bill Clinton[5] on June 17, 1999, to replace H. Lee Sarokin, who had retired in 1996. Clinton had nominated Robert Raymar to the seat in 1998, but that nomination was never given a hearing by the Senate Judiciary Committee, and Raymar's nomination expired at the end of that year. During the next congressional term, Clinton nominated Barry to the position.

Barry was unanimously confirmed by the United States Senate on September 13, 1999, and received her commission on September 22, 1999. "I am deeply honored and very grateful for the nomination," Barry told the New Jersey Law Journal in 1999. "I am surprised I was approached on it. I assume that my record is good enough as a district court judge to be reached out to, and I'm glad that politics weren't a priority here."[7]
    If you had a sibling that got rich while living off their parents for decades, while you went to 3 different schools, dedicating your life to public service for your inheritance... while he is the one becoming president? How pissed would you be? I bet she is fuming...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    They're trying really damn hard to turn the country into a dictatorship. They will *probably* fail, but it's still not 100% certain at this point.
    Regardless, the damage is going to be hard to fix. Like with Perry, he replaced a nuclear physicist, who him self was a step down from the previous Nobel prize winning nuclear physicist. Those don't seem to grow on trees, like politicians seem to...

That's why I say the issue of Trump is not a political one, but a crisis of confidence by American people. Those who believed in the hit job done on Hillary and Obama over the last 8+ years, are protecting the country from politicians who they gave no confidence in. We no longer strive to have the best healthcare, because we lost confidence in our ability to do so. We no longer strive for energy independence, because we lost all confidence in our ability to do so. Calls that we as a country are no longer the best in some areas, receive calls for isolationism and patriotism that denounces our ability to compete, because we lost confidence in our country. As a result, we welcome demagogues who demand loyalty on to them selfs. We focus on identity politics, as a force to toss a wrecking ball at our nation. This isn't new... this was predicted 40 years ago...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kakFDUeoJKM
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Then explain how they are qualified. You said they are qualified, so prove it. That's the entire point.
    The issue is the nuclear option even being available. They could put mike tyson as secretary of state if they wanted. If enough senators want him to have the job. That's the only qualification necessary. So it doesn't matter if you or I have an opinion of he is qualified or not. Why continue this debate any further?

The issue is the nuclear option even being available. They could put mike tyson as secretary of state if they wanted. If enough senators want him to have the job. That's the only qualification necessary. So it doesn't matter if you or I have an opinion of he is qualified or not. Why continue this debate any further?
    In other words, you can't think of any reason why they're qualified. Which makes you a big goddamn liar for saying that they are qualified. And I refuse to believe that you actually think that the only qualification necessary to do the duties of high office is to have a majority of Senators approve you so that they can move on to other things, because that's the dumbest fucking thing I've heard in a long time. If you needed surgery and I grabbed some kid off the street to do the job, you wouldn't say he was qualified.

This isn't a debate, and it won't be until you actually answer my question. But if you want to continue to tapdance, evade, or even just run away like a coward, that's up to you. It just proves that you're my bitch.
    Last edited by LaserSharkDFB; 2017-05-14 at 02:49 PM.