Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    Well yes, but conservatives are just as bad.
    The current right is bad yes....but we dont have anyone in the middle really anymore serving us...it's a bunch of extreme lefts/rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    That's what happens when you grow up.
    Libtards convert to normal people.
    Using the term "libtard" after saying people grow up if fucking funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It is true in the UK...

Come on man, you're smarter than this...

So for most of my life I would have identified as been fairly left leaning and open to moat things. But i have felt in the last few years that the left is just not for me anymore. Special interest groups, identity politics and lack of direction has turned me off. Now I do not identify with the right either and feel I am closer to the center.

I am for universal healthcare and taxes to pay for services and infrastructure. But i do not like how both the right/left continue to make laws to protect us from ourselves. I am also angry about the right and left are invading our privacy.

Have your politcal prefernces changed recently as parties change and become seemingly more extreme?
    You sound independent (like me). Miy preferences haven't changed really. I was turned off by both political parties early in my life because:

1) They never unite- they always seek to divide.
    2) They fight like children (I expect better from people in leadership positions)
    3) Their track record is terrible. We are always involved in wars we never win (oh, sorry- not wars, "conflicts") our education and infrastructure are terrible (think we are 40 something in ed and our infrastructure was rated "d"). Yet they collect record taxes each year and we are trillions in debt to China......
    4) They spent billions in a war on poverty= more people impoverished than ever
    Billions in a war on drugs= more people using than ever
    Billions in a war on terror= ISIS

Yeah, actually- I really don't see the logical argument for keeping either of these parties on...... their record speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    The current right is bad yes....but we dont have anyone in the middle really anymore serving us...it's a bunch of extreme lefts/rights.
    Except both major parties are right wing. One just far, far more than the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

So for most of my life I would have identified as been fairly left leaning and open to moat things. But i have felt in the last few years that the left is just not for me anymore. Special interest groups, identity politics and lack of direction has turned me off. Now I do not identify with the right either and feel I am closer to the center.

I am for universal healthcare and taxes to pay for services and infrastructure. But i do not like how both the right/left continue to make laws to protect us from ourselves. I am also angry about the right and left are invading our privacy.

Have your politcal prefernces changed recently as parties change and become seemingly more extreme?
    You haven't changed, because those are the principles I believe in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, Comey in general has been a hilarious Rorschach test in which Democrats and Republicans have alternated and shown not even the slightest shred of integrity about the matter.
    Because, as Trump discovered this week, even if people want him gone it still matters how and why that happens. Did Democrats want him gone? Oh, sure. But does that mean Democrats should be happy at the timing of this? Absolutely not, since it was pretty evident why it happened (later confirmed by Trump and his big mouth).

Like, I want Betsy DeVos to be fired. But if I get a whiff that the replacement is Deepak Chopra, I'm going to start rooting for DeVos. Because while I may hate DeVos, the alternative is worse. Same principle here: I wanted Comey gone. But if that means we get Trey fucking Gowdy, then I'd rather we stick with the asshole Comey. A similar analogy pretty much holds for the other aspect, which is the why it happened part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

what turned me is the extreme shift the left had in the 1990, they switched from protecting worker rights and a solid anti-capitalistic policy into a sorta of carnival, now the only policies they fight for are gay-rights, unchecked immigration etc.

As for the workers, factories closing everywhere in europe, re-localizations and the only thing the left is able to say is that Globalization is good and "it's the market baby" while going to kiss ass to apple, amazon, uber and the likes.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    what turned me is the extreme shift the left had in the 1990, they switched from protecting worker rights and a solid anti-capitalistic policy into a sorta of carnival, now the only policies they fight for are gay-rights, unchecked immigration etc.
    You're just looking at a different groups, nothing has changed in the way you think it has.

As for the workers, factories closing everywhere in europe, re-localizations and the only thing the left is able to say is that Globalization is good and "it's the market baby" while going to kiss ass to apple, amazon, uber and the likes.
    And now you're confusing the left with liberals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with OPs sentiment. I consider myself liberal but im slowly leaning more and more to the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You're just looking at a different groups, nothing has changed in the way you think it has.

And now you're confusing the left with liberals.
    what group?

and the left in italy is the major party PD who was the direct descendant of the Communist Party most of the old generation inside that party is peoples who adhered to the communists.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    what group?
    I don't know, you're the one bringing up left wingers than are not left wing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    They are about as close as u can get without being the same
    You're comparing 2 parties that are both on the right-wing authoritarian part of the scale to 2 sides of the political scale... the sides that everybody in politics falls on.

They are about as close as u can get without being the same
    No they aren't.

Democrat vs. Republican is Center Right vs. Far Right.

There is no left in American politics at the moment. Justice Democrats are attempting to change that by taking over the Democrat party, but they have no power there yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    I've never heard of that "saying", it must be something local.
    It's a twist on Hillary Clinton's quote about her being liberal at heart and conservative in mind:

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/WhoIs/story?id=3963326
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is there such a gang mentality in politics by the average american. Left vs right, right vs left. Is independent thinking so lost that we all need to desperately cling to some group in order to survive society?
    You can be independent while being on the right and left. Independent isn't synonymous with middle... to answer why then? Well... people like you...

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless of where the left in the US falls on a global , in the US the dems are ely left and the republicans are considered right
    They are considered those by party loyalist. People who don't belong to either party, should know better.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    No, actually what you just said was my initial point
    No, you had no point. You cannot be complaining about there being no independent thought, with full adherence to ideology. To then refuse to acknowledge that neither DNC nor RNC are left of the spectrum. By responding that "dems are left in US", you are refusing any independent thought. You are asking for adherence to party definition, while wondering why you don't see independent thought. There is no point there, unless you are asking fir people to get you a mirror.

Here is a simple question... Can a conservative be opposed to Trump or is it all liberals?
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-05-14 at 07:11 PM.

Regardless of where the left in the US falls on a global level, in the US the dems are widely left and the republicans are considered right
    That's just an attempt of trying to whitewash Republicans actual position on the scales. Sorry, but just because they are way far off to the right, doesn't make democrats anything left, but still right wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Priorities change when you gets older. Left leaning people usually do not have responsibilies or proper jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Priorities change when you gets older. Left leaning people usually do not have responsibilies or proper jobs.
    Generalizations like that are always fun.