Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Legion: Worst expac for recruiting?

I have been guild leading since early BC, and maybe it's just me, but Legion seems to be the absolute worst expansion when it comes to player retention in guilds and overall guild recruitment. It seems that we see a huge influx of players when new raids/patches come out, all the guilds snatch them up, and then the players slowly dwindle, and the recruitment treadmill ensues. I was listening to the Convert to Raid podcast the other day, and one of the "speakers" on there was Tattva from Line of Sight gaming, and I think he said they've lost 15 of their core Mythic raiders over the course of however long. I think that's what happened to Nihilum as well, and ultimately led to them closing up shop (75% turnover rate).

So, to all the guild leaders and/or officers out there, how are you doing in the recruitment department? Are you seeing a constant stream of new recruits, or are you able to keep most of your core raiders together?
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

Deleted
    I am able to keep my core raiders together, but we do have problems with recruiting players... But I also see alot of new guilds come and go as every expansion..

The question I have is that if you quit WoW in February what the fuck are you still doing here on MMO-Champion discussing it for?

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    The question I have is that if you quit WoW in February what the fuck are you still doing here on MMO-Champion discussing it for?
    I quit in February and just recently came back to see how the game was doing. Nice attitude though.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    "If you don't agree with my thoughts on the game, gtfo"

Everyone here are former or current customers of Blizzard, if Blizzard had same attitude as you in regards to the game, they'd go out of business. There are few things as valuable as displeased customers who are willing to take time to give feedback.

----

From what I've experienced and seen from my friends' guilds it seems to be a pain. It's hard to find worthwhile recruits who are willing to put in the effort, I certainly ain't one of them myself. I have no interest in farming AP, but I'd have interest in raiding. So I know how that's like. The people who quit seem to have quit for similar reasons, when they come back they miss the raids, but not the grind. Even though the grind is something you need to do to obtain a proper spot.

I hear about ton of cancelled raids and people moving onto more progressed guilds or other guilds hoping to find raids that actually take place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melrael View Post

Everyone here are former or current customers of Blizzard, if Blizzard had same attitude as you in regards to the game, they'd go out of business. There are few things as valuable as displeased customers who are willing to take time to give feedback.

----

From what I've experienced and seen from my friends' guilds it seems to be a pain. It's hard to find worthwhile recruits who are willing to put in the effort, I certainly ain't one of them myself. I have no interest in farming AP, but I'd have interest in raiding. So I know how that's like. The people who quit seem to have quit for similar reasons, when they come back they miss the raids, but not the grind. Even though the grind is something you need to do to obtain a proper spot.

I hear about ton of cancelled raids and people moving onto more progressed guilds or other guilds hoping to find raids that actually take place.
    Yeah, lot of useful Feedback here on MMO-Champion! I wonder why some people are tired of whiny or repetitive threads from people that no longer play or hate this game! Let's hope Blizzard cares to listen us!

/S

OT: I ear this since Cata or MoP, nothing new. It's just normal that is hard to find people willing to commit a myt raid schedule.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    So, to all the guild leaders and/or officers out there, how are you doing in the recruitment department? Are you seeing a constant stream of new recruits, or are you able to keep most of your core raiders together?
    It's terrible, WoD/20M making 2/3 of the Mythic playerbase quit mythic was a real problem but in Legion it's hit boiling point. Now that it's super easy to pug heroic and lower via the in game tool most players don't see a point in being in a raiding guild that isn't doing mythic content (so good look moving from 10/10H to 1/10M if you can't find the extra people).

The funny thing is, despite Legion/WoD slowly dissolving the mythic playerbase as players quit the game (or just mythic raiding) and guilds fall apart with no players/guilds to replace them, the players who aren't being affected will still defend the 20m format because "it isn't raining on them" (yet).

It's becoming harder and harder to continue to field 20 players, it's also becoming more and more impossible for the <20m guilds to step up to the recruitment wall, and the really REALLY annoying part of watching the raiding scene dying, is that this is EXACTLY what players told Blizzard would happen back when they announced the change from 10/25 to 20m >.>
    Last edited by caervek; 2017-05-15 at 10:52 AM.

We're 8/10M almost 9/10 with 6 hours raiding a week and we basically get one application per week, most of them garbage tier with no mythic experience. Our guild has been around on Ravencrest EU since WotLK so we're not exactly newcomers, and while we've never had roster issues and very few people quiting during this expansion the number of applications has never been this low.

However, Ravencrest used to have 15 active 25M HC raiding guilds back in WotLK/Cata and now we've got 150-200 Mythic raiding guilds so the pool of guilds is insanely large compared to years ago. I suspect that's the case for most guilds, the mythic raiding player pool is larger than it used to be but so is the number of active guilds.
    Last edited by Arainie; 2017-05-15 at 10:55 AM.

I would say yes... just due to how brutal artifact research is to new and returning players. I missed out on a entire tier of mythic progression simply because I had no chance at catching up no matter how well I played since I missed the artifact research to even be able to compete.

Deleted
    I could easily find job in NASA as main engineer with requirements that mythic guilds are asking from players these days.

Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    I could easily find job in NASA as main engineer with requirements that mythic guilds are asking from players these days.
    Log in three times a week for 3 hours give or take and have your artifact weapon up to date?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melrael View Post
    That's not what he/she meant and you know it.
    Unless of course you have a shitty grasp of the English language.
    Or you like to assume things.
    Or both.

Well that's a bad analogy, since it's Blizzard's own game.
    Doubt they would come on a fan site of their own game and shitpost and run down their own game.
    Try again.

As for the guy you quoted further up, i agree with them.
    Plenty of 'former' players here that no longer play the game but shitpost on here or pretend to know the game inside out because they 'keep up to date' with the news/state of the game which in turn somehow justifies and and adds weight to their shitposts about the game.

Delusional and detached from reality is what that is.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Log in three times a week for 3 hours give or take and have your artifact weapon up to date?
    Wow, progression must be easy.
    I should apply.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Artifact power is nothing compared to what I have seen lately. Every player that is ready to do mythics will grind them as much as necessary.

Perhaps if you are GM then you will not face such issues.

The 20m requirement has been brutal to say the least.

We've struggled to keep that number afloat. People that we do get seem to stop logging in or quit because we can't seem to stay at that magical number and actually make the attempts. Heroic is just a blaze in one night finish.

Deleted
    These forums greatly over-exaggerate A) What guilds are asking for and B) What you NEED to succeed.

We had a terrible time on Guldan with unavoidable issues, hitting 200~ world rank, we have no AP requirement and don't split run. Granted there are guilds out there asking for you to do like 5 hours of mandatory AP grinding a week or some shit but they're generally few and far between.

Recruitment is harder because the average joe THINKS he has to play 8 days a week to keep up with the AP curve and thus doesn't apply. A lot of guilds don't mention AP requirements in their wowprog page because they don't care as long as you don't take the piss and at this point clearing normal/hc and whatever you do on Mythic is generally enough.

I went on the AP grind hype pre-NH but now I just do normal/heroic/mythic clear, weekly 10 and a bit of pvp/EN/ToV if I feel like it. I also spend a fair amount of time playing alts etc and generally enjoy the game a lot more than I did when all I thought about pre NH was "omg I'm a trait behind the others this is the end of my life"

you might be looking to high up the ladder for you in that case

Well, this is what I've seen as far as Recruitment...
    MoP = My guild starts up, we have a full raid team on our little server, maybe on off days we PuG missing spots, till the Year of downtime with SoO
    WoD = Our server merges with another small server, our guild replaces missing raiders, until BRF, then recruiting slows to nothing, our guild gets stuck Pugging, I think, 7/10 (or however many bosses) H HFC
    Legion= Our main Raiders raid N EN, get started on H EN after clearing Norm, and then our main raiders start leaving.... haven't seen a new recruit that stays in guild long enough to rebuild the raid team (at most, 4 people are on anymore, not always at the same time)...

Imho, Blizz needs to either continue merging servers, or fix the guild system to allow cross realm guilds, or drop the the whole guild system, i guess... /shrug

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    In game guild tools are abysmal, and outdated since Cata, need a desperate update..

I wouldn't mind cross-realm guilds either, doesn't mean mythic raiding should be cross-realm day 1 however.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    I was listening to the Convert to Raid podcast the other day, and one of the "speakers" on there was Tattva from Line of Sight gaming, and I think he said they've lost 15 of their core Mythic raiders over the course of however long.
    isn't convert to raid that guild that has like 20 raiding teams? so is that 15 over 20 raiding teams? 15 over 1 raiding team? like...i always found guilds to be a personal/small community....that is city in comparison....and I doubt members have the same connection.

from my experience since early BC...every raid team has 80% core...and 20% float. (20/25 or 15/20)

Those last 5 come and go...always changing..hard to find peeps....once every 6 months or so ..someone sticks around for 6+ months and becomes part of the "core".

every 6+ months you lose a core member for whatever reason...hence the flow of the guild/raid team.

The only thing that usually remains unchanged in RL/GM...once that changes...with in that first year you could have a total turn over of the whole raid team.

I dont think this has changed in Legion.

There has been a difference in recruitment....but that was because all the "peeps" who came back to legion decided to make their own guild....to many bleh guilds and to little players. So many bleh guilds out there that have 3-4 amazing players. A lot have been dying off so recruitment has been picking up....
    Last edited by Banard; 2017-05-15 at 12:59 PM.

Artifact power is nothing compared to what I have seen lately. Every player that is ready to do mythics will grind them as much as necessary.

Perhaps if you are GM then you will not face such issues.
    I never really faced that issue... I always find it odd when people talk about the barriers to mythic... They seem to always link methods requirements. There are still plenty of guilds that will take you that will full clear mythic in the tier that just require 8-9 hours and a high level of play.

Granted some specs got screwed with legendaries I won't deny that as a frost mage...