Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't understand why Cruelle didn't protect Monkz either though. Is this some weird scum play, one claims doc the other cc's for town credit? That'd be interesting, but let's be honest very unlikely.

Although if the game does not end now, Cruelle does not get any saves and he is still alive late in the game you should consider it a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    lol.

It is only really 'standard procedure' for doc to protect themselves on MMO-C. It only happens when the doctor either believes he is very likely to be a target or has no other reads.
    The reason it happens quite on often on n1 on MMO-C is because people usually don't have any reads because of the short days. This means that it often makes the most sense to protect themselves.

However after what happened this d1, there is no way you should not have a read. A player hammered the godfather right before the deadline.
    You also just died n1 last game and you did not vote for Celtic. How could you ever think you were a target?
    Right. So you agree that it's standard procedure here, then. I already explained in my previous post why I chose to defend myself last night. It wasn't too long ago that I was killed early on multiple games in a row. I've said this before, but expecting people to conform to the 'ideal' decisions is pretty foolish. Many of us approach the game in our own unique way and it shouldn't surprise you in the slightest that I don't think and act like the 'ideal' TPR. My performance in previous games can attest to that, no? If I'm particularly devious and successful in a game, it's almost always because I'm scum and with people backing me up.

Now, obviously it could be a coincidence but I dislike how you outright stated that it is unlikely that there is a Doctor. That makes me suspect that if you're lying about your alignment then you or somebody allied with you is a role cop and investigated me on N1. On the other hand, Cruelle's sudden voting on me is worthy of a red flag as well. Yet all the same I can't help but question Arindel having been absent all day, posting and then immediately having the tide turn in her favour. That doesn't sit well with me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Right. So you agree that it's standard procedure here, then.
    No I don't. It's only when you either
    a) have no better targets, or
    b) believe you are likely to be targeted

None of them are relevant in this case.

I already explained in my previous post why I chose to defend myself last night. It wasn't too long ago that I was killed early on multiple games in a row. I've said this before, but expecting people to conform to the 'ideal' decisions is pretty foolish. Many of us approach the game in our own unique way and it shouldn't surprise you in the slightest that I don't think and act like the 'ideal' TPR. My performance in previous games can attest to that, no?
    Yes I am well aware you have a different playstyle, that's not the issue. The problem is I have a hard time buying your explanation. There is also a very big difference between getting killed 'early on' and getting killed/lynched n1/d1.

Now, obviously it could be a coincidence but I dislike how you outright stated that it is unlikely that there is a Doctor. That makes me suspect that if you're lying about your alignment then you or somebody allied with you is a role cop and investigated me on N1.
    But how can you dislike it? My logic makes sense and I'd be surprised if anyone disagrees (other than you obviously). I think the cop should always have protected Monkz UNLESS they had a very good reason not too. I can't think of a reason, which is why I think it is unlikely we have a doctor.
    You claimed to be doctor and gave a reason for not protecting Monkz. I do not think it is a good reason.

Now Cruelle is counterclaiming, which is interesting because I feel like he would've protected Monkz, but I'd like to hear his reasoning for not doing so as well.
    On the other hand I don't see why he as scum would CC you now. The only play I can come up with is if both if you are scum but meh. I think it'd be an interesting yolo play to be honest.

So you believe that Cruelle - who hasn't yet provided a reason for the votes on me - is counter claiming me?

Interesting.

Yes? He quoted your claim, that was obviously a counterclaim of some sort.

Yes? He quoted your claim, that was obviously a counterclaim of some sort.
    It could be any number of things but nothing is certain until we get an actual reason.

Nothing is certain no, but it seems very likely he counterclaimed you. Whether that means he is a doctor or has something else that counters your claim I don't know, but I'm leaning more towards it being him claiming doctor.

So you believe that Cruelle - who hasn't yet provided a reason for the votes on me - is counter claiming me?

Interesting.
    That is what it seemed like to me too?

Also
    On the other hand I don't see why he as scum would CC you now. The only play I can come up with is if both if you are scum but meh. I think it'd be an interesting yolo play to be honest.
    This would be scary.

Graeham i want to believe you i really do.
    Im not sure that if cruelle was lying about it would have come out and vote for you like that. Then again...i was between you two to be scums which makes dupti's statement about going yolo making me wanna pull my hair out.

So in my personal opinion its either you cru or crakle.
    Its that or i read everyone else wrong.
    Apart from Listo. Listo must be town. If he isnt i ll eat my left arm.

I'll say this, I actually think it is unlikely both of you are scum now that I think about (unless we get a third doctor claim).

The reason for that is that if both of you are town, it means we have a team of three (or perhaps this is some weird ass play where a thirdparty cc's a mafia/the other way around. veeeeeeery unlikely).
    And if we have a team of three it just doesn't really make sense to me if town does not have a doctor.

Now assuming that Cru is indeed claiming doctor, I think that means that one of you is indeed telling the truth. That also means it is still possible it was a team of three.

I think all there is to do now is to evaluate the two claims. I mean first of I'd like to know if Cru is actually claiming doc or not.

If he is, then I believe his claim more than Graeham's for obvious reasons. Thought Cru's d1 was town while I wasn't a fan of Graeham's, disliked Graeham's reasoning for not protecting Monkz and I don't really see why Cru would cc there as scum as all he would be able to do is buy himself a day.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Crackleslap, I think your d1 is soooooooo town but if Graeham is scum and the game doesn't end I can't help but feel you could be his partner. plx live up to my townread if the game continues I really don't want to be wrong on you

Nothing is certain no, but it seems very likely he counterclaimed you. Whether that means he is a doctor or has something else that counters your claim I don't know, but I'm leaning more towards it being him claiming doctor.
    Well, if that is the case then I have to say I doubt very much that there is more than one Doctor in a game this small. If anything, if Cruelle ends up claiming something today I expect it to be some other form of protection role. Then, after pushing a potential lynch on me, will promptly take a step back and tomorrow pull a 'my bad' along with anyone else who happened to have their vote on me. At which point Cruelle may try to convince people that they need to keep the remaining protection role alive for as long as possible - which is a pretty big gamble, but the sort of play I could see someone like Cruelle performing.

Another possibility is that Cruelle is a Jester and is deliberately setting up for a lynch. This might explain the limited posts (which, to be fair, is likely to just be linked to being busy in the real world) as well as the 'mistake' in regards to Largehorn being part of the roster.

I agree that there are likely to be three scum players. We know there's at least one left. I also suspect that those that remain are power roles rather than regular goons. I suspect at least one is a role cop, which would fit the theme of the game rather well. Ultimately, though, it's only D2 and going back to the 'standard procedure' argument town have been screwed over repeatedly in the past by pushing a lynch on a claimed TPR. It doesn't make much sense for you to push a lynch on me based on not protecting Monkz at night when Cruelle is a much more experienced player than I and failed to do just that.

Yes, my D1 wasn't 'great'. When has it ever been? I almost always post fluff, that isn't anything new. I also died early during the previous game and got lynched on D1 during the championship game for trying to be constructive and cautious. I suspect that scum know how easy it is to push a mislynch on me and are exploiting that today.

At which point Cruelle may try to convince people that they need to keep the remaining protection role alive for as long as possible - which is a pretty big gamble, but the sort of play I could see someone like Cruelle performing.
    I agree, he could. Would like to hear his claim first.

Another possibility is that Cruelle is a Jester and is deliberately setting up for a lynch. This might explain the limited posts (which, to be fair, is likely to just be linked to being busy in the real world) as well as the 'mistake' in regards to Largehorn being part of the roster.
    I don't think Kryllian is a bastard mod, a jester seems very unlikely.

I agree that there are likely to be three scum players. We know there's at least one left. I also suspect that those that remain are power roles rather than regular goons. I suspect at least one is a role cop, which would fit the theme of the game rather well.
    Could you elaborate? Why would a role cop fit the theme of the game?

It doesn't make much sense for you to push a lynch on me based on not protecting Monkz at night when Cruelle is a much more experienced player than I and failed to do just that.
    Hm I kind of agree that I find it harder to believe that Cru would not have protected Monkz, but I'd like to hear his reason first.

Yes, my D1 wasn't 'great'. When has it ever been? I almost always post fluff, that isn't anything new. I also died early during the previous game and got lynched on D1 during the championship game for trying to be constructive and cautious. I suspect that scum know how easy it is to push a mislynch on me and are exploiting that today.
    I haven't read the championship game and a couple of players have brought it up now. If players are seriously forming reads based on whatever happened there, please stop.

Anyway, your d1 wasn't great no. You already know why I didn't like it. I'm not saying that it necessarily means your scum, but it is definitely something I am going to take into consideration when evaluating the claims.

- - - Updated - - -
    @PalawinFC, by the way can you talk to me about your role? Are you just a VT with a bpv?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I just realised something, why aren't we using character claims? I'm not sure they mean much, but shouldn't we at least take them into consideration?
    @Graeham, character claim plx @PalawinFC, you as well.

I agree, he could. Would like to hear his claim first.

I don't think Kryllian is a bastard mod, a jester seems very unlikely.

Could you elaborate? Why would a role cop fit the theme of the game?

Hm I kind of agree that I find it harder to believe that Cru would not have protected Monkz, but I'd like to hear his reason first.

I haven't read the championship game and a couple of players have brought it up now. If players are seriously forming reads based on whatever happened there, please stop.

Anyway, your d1 wasn't great no. You already know why I didn't like it. I'm not saying that it necessarily means your scum, but it is definitely something I am going to take into consideration when evaluating the claims.
    A Jester isn't necessarily a 'bastard' role if the game is balanced around it. As for why a role cop would fit the game, social media and the invasion of privacy go hand in hand. It's not definite, but given the flavour text for my own role I could see a role cop being linked to a social media site somehow. I know from personal experience with Kryllian's past roles that he can be pretty creative when it comes to linking roles to his 'characters'.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I just realised something, why aren't we using character claims? I'm not sure they mean much, but shouldn't we at least take them into consideration?
    @Graeham, character claim plx @PalawinFC, you as well.
    Pinterest.

A jester is always a bastard role.

But can you claim your "character" please?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh you just claimed.

I would absolutely love to hear from Cru.
    We need to see why he (she?) voted on graeham straight away after his claim. I am willing to change my vote if it means saving a TPR. The question is who is lying.

One or two of the 3 graeham cruelle or crackle must be scum. Providing the other reads are correct.

A jester is always a bastard role.
    I'll trust your judgement on that, then.

As far as character claims go, getting one from Cruelle would be beneficial today as well.

Pinterest.
    Now see. Facebook was mafia leader. Why would pinterest be town?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, i have never used pinterest in my life. I ve just seen it around.

I assume its like simmilar with facebook and twitter? or pinterest could be doctor for saving information (isnt that how it works?) and we have a loose twitter and maybe instagram?

I am not very good with all social media :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arindel View Post
    Now see. Facebook was mafia leader. Why would pinterest be town?
    Why would I respond immediately if I had something to hide? As scum, I have an immense amount of fun coming up with plausible fake claims - much like I did with the Fisherman claim two games back!

I've never heard of Monkz's character before but it isn't likely that every major social media outlet is going to be scum in a game of this size. I fully expect to see the likes of Reddit and Twitter in this game as well - which are very prominent social media sites. There's also Instagram, Imgur and Photobucket. That's about the extent of my knowledge. I'm not really sure where Pinterest would sit in terms of popularity. I've only heard of it in passing and don't use it myself.

I don't really know anything about pinterest, but to be honest I'm not sure we can read too much into character claims right now, but it might be helpful later on.

Deleted
    Pinterest.
    Ah there in lies a small problem, was about to post my claim and it seems we have the same name. Ill private message Kryll now.

Although I'm really interested in Palawin's claim, just because I'm curious as to why he is the mayor when it seems like he is nothing but a VT with a bpv.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelle View Post
    Ah there in lies a small problem, was about to post my claim and it seems we have the same name. Ill private message Kryll now.
    Graeham was speculating mafia had a rolecop of some sort, just saying.

- - - Updated - - -

But I have no idea what is going on.

Cru you could still give your claim.

- - - Updated - - -

In fact I think you have to claim right now. I don't like the WIFOM aspect of you pming the mod.